Rally Question

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
I have a question for all you rally goers here in North Carolina and anyone else who would like to voice your opinion. If we planned a rally here in North Carolina in a campground that did not have full hookup,would you attend? The campsites would have water and eletric, but no on site sewer hookup. Of course the campground would have a dump station that you could stop by on your way out. What are your thoughts?

olcoon

As far as we are concerned, we've gone a week with just elec. with no problems. Sure we had to conserve, but we were camping with friends, and had a great time. The same would be true at a rally, & it would be for less days!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
It would have no ill effect on us for sure. We do a great deal of dump station weekends up here!

As NJ Chapter Leaders we pondered the same question. The only thing we have considered is the gray tanks will give up long before the black unless you are careful. If the CG offers pump out service you may consider negotiating that into your deal. They may offer one "free" as part of your agreement.

Anything is possible.

jbeletti

Terry,

We've attended a few rallies with W/E only. Works fine. We try to stay at rallies for 5 to 7 nights when we can. With W/E only, Nancy takes showers in the CG's bath house. I take the world's quickest showers in the RV. Nancy can get miserly on dish washing water usage and I've asked her to dump the dish pan water in the commode as it takes well more than a rally to fill the black tank naturally :)

Jim

davebennington

Terry,

When we were at SC
rally at the 4paws campground, Sonny spoke about dumping the black tank, it was his opinion that if you dump too often you are wasting money because the chemicals have not gotten a chance to to their job properly. I have gone a week or more before dumping the black tank. If you have a valve installed on the end of the sewer hookup you can open both of the gray tanks valves and extend your gray tank capacity quite a bit.

With all that said I do not think a campground with water and electric only would be a problem.

Dave

Lazydaze

Hallie and I would be fine with no sewer hook up. Tater said it didn't much matter to him. What campground were you thinking of?
Eric

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Terry - we have camped at NasCar races for over a week at the time with only h20/electricity without any problems. We also stay at state parks for a week at a time. Ya just conserve using water and use wash tubs for the dishes, not dumping into the holding tanks. It's an e-z do. good luck and let us know your thinking.

jnbhobe

We go without sewer hookups all the time at our camp in the mountains. We can go 5 days on the water tank also. Wouldn't bother us at all.

lduguay

Lets vote.........All opposed????? Hmmmmmm, looks like an overwhelming UNANIMOUS!!!!! Sign us up!!!!!:D

We have a Barker 32 gallon tote along portable holding tank we will bring for folks to use........gray water ONLY!! :p

trdeal

Thanks everyone for your input. We camped at a cg with only water and electricity with our kids for years and made it fine with a little help from a little blue tank. Full hook up is more convenient but we can make it fine without. We still have a number of questions to ask the cg before any decision is made,but as I said at our fall rally we are going to try very hard to have a decision made by the first of the year.

trdeal

Thanks to everyone for your comments. Looks like it is back to the drawing board for us as far as the rally site goes. After digging a little deeper the location we were thinking about is probably not going to work for us. But at least now we know that being without on site sewer hookup is not a major concern. Thanks again.

porthole

Retired
Not a problem. With no sewer we "adjust". Maybe use the CG showers, careful with the water at the sink, no washer dryer etc. Black tank has yet to be an issue on any of our trips. With 80 gallons of gray and can make do for 5-6 days if you are careful.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
We are good to go as well, Terry, as we have experience tent camping in very austere conditions. One thing I have grown to be very dependent on however is old "sparky". Sure would have problems giving up the AC if there wasn't electricity:eek:. Looking forward to your next rally because we aim to be there:cool:.