What are Sundance owners towing with?

jimtoo

Hi Poofer,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

First I moved your post and started your own thread for you. Also you might post which Sundance you have and that would give us some weights. Most likely any of the Sundances can be towed with a 3/4 ton.

Enjoy the forum and think of the Heartland Owners Club also.

Jim M

loafer

We tow our 24/5 2009 Sundance with a 2007 GMC 2500 hd Duramax /Allison with tow Haul and it is a great combo
for power and breaking.
Just my .02 cents worth
Bill

mlburst1

We tow our Sundance 2900MK with a 2005 Ford F250 CC 6.0L diesel - had the rig weighed this summer at the National Rally and were within specs.

Mike

We have an 09 Sundance 2800rls and tow with an 06 Dodge 2500 quad cab, 4x4, short bed, cummins diesel. This truck configuration has a relatively low payload cap and we are a little "overloaded" on that spec, but I feel comfortable with the ride.

RAHanock

We have a 2011 Sundance 3300RLB and tow it with a 2008 GMC 2500HD 6.0 gas engine. No problems with this combination.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
We have a 2008 3200ES and tow with a 2006 F250. If you are going to buy a new TV Think ahead and get a dually. Because someday you are going to want to move up. lol

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
We are trying to find what kind of truck for a sundance?
What model Sundance?
Don't be fooled by any advertisment stating it can be towed my a 1/2 truck. I tow a Sundance ultra-lite and it's just under the payload limit on my 2008 F-250.

ncc1701e

To give you another perspective.

Red River Rec Area East Grand Forks 1.jpg
2011 Sundance 2800RL
2011 F250 Lariat Extended Cab w/6.2L Gas

Right now we are camping just outside of Myrtle Beach, SC. The picture above was taken in Grand Forks, ND in August. We've logged over 7k miles with not problems including trips to Rapid City, SD and Townsend, TN in the Smoky Mountains. I know the diesel guys are going to tell you I'm nuts, but the truck and the trailer (2800RL) are a really good match.

Geo

I pull my 2010 Sundance 3200RE with a 05 Dodge 2500 4dr short box 4x4 with a Cummins diesel, we have no problem pulling or stopping, it is a great combo.
Some time you forget the trailer is back there
George

frumbawa

We pulled our 08 2998RB with an 03 Ford F250 V-10 Gasser. It handled everything well. Just didn't break any records for climbing the hills. Someone mentioned earlier about buying a dually just in case. Careful with that one. Bought a new dually last year. Proud owners of a new Cyclone this year. DW has now said no new trucks for me.