Want to add bedroom A/C

khd995

I want to add a duo therm low profile in the bedroom. To do this I would need remove the fantastic fan.

Should I and or can I make the second unit ducted into the current ducting. Is this a good idea or should I just skip it.

If I don't add it into the current ducting. Should I shut off the vents to the bedroom and send all the air in to the main coach. If so, should I add vents to the main coach.

Also do you have a thermostat for the second a/c or what are my options. Could I hook it to the exsisting thermostat. If so how.

Obviously I need a lot of info, any help would be appreaciated.

jpmorgan37

khd995;

I have two A/Cs with heat pumps. My bedroom A/C is not ducted in and I did not block off the ducts from the main A/C. I do have a wall mounted thermostat on my bedroom A/C but that was from the factory. You do not want to tie the two together on the same thermostat. A lot of the time I only run the bedroom A/C during the day because it will keep the whole coach cool (once it is cooled down) and it is much quieter in the living area. The opposite at night. I run the main one and it takes care of the bed room.
Hope this helps.

John

p.s. I didn't mention, but we spend a lot of time in Texas so we are familiar with the "warm" weather there.

bowtorc

We have the low profile bedroom a/c, added after purchase. is not ducted and works fine when we need that little extra. bowtorc

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Br A/c

Just had a BR A/C put in last week by our dealer, Wagners Trailer Sales, Cleveland, Wi. It was installed in place of the vent. Did order framing and wiring at time of manufacturing. Went with the Carrier unit because it is lower than others, has 2 year warranty, and is a few pounds lighter. Price was about the same as other major units. It is not ducted and does not have a wall mounted therm. Seems to be rather quiet, and did order the unit with the heat strip.
tom w

madigand

I had the dealer install a 13.5 AC with Heat Pump in the bedroom ( not ducted). The controls are on the unit. Works great and sure helps out in the cool down phase when setting up. Also like the heat pump option. Helps take off the chill along with the fireplace and saves the propane. Was debating the second unit but went with members suggestions and glad I did.