3450TS comments likes / dislikes

We have 2011 3250TS and thinking of larger 3450TS. Of you that have the 3450 what is your likes / dislikes. Trying to make a decision on upgrade. Love our 3250 just thinking of larger now.

B

bwwalczak

It is weird that no one has responded.....I know people like the 3450TS, it is one of our best sellers. It must be safe to assume that there are no dislikes (since there are no posts on that either!!!).

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Yes - this is strange. I know several 3450TS owners who love their rigs! Maybe they are all on extended vacations?

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Talked to Tenderfoot last night on the phone. We suggested since they do not live too far from us, to come visit us. Also told them about a local dealer who also has the same model he was looking at on their lot. Love helping new folks!!

Thanks to Nabo for our phone converstion last night. Hope to talk more.
Gus and Debra Funderburg your Landmark Grand Canyon is simular in floor lay out. You have any problems with the U kitchen? do you use the storage closet in the hall going to the bedroom. Wife loves this feature on the 3450 model but is it realy usefull? the 3650 Nabo has does appear to have more kitchen area but the 3450 has the hall storage. decisions, decisions !!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Thanks to Nabo for our phone converstion last night. Hope to talk more.
Gus and Debra Funderburg your Landmark Grand Canyon is simular in floor lay out. You have any problems with the U kitchen? do you use the storage closet in the hall going to the bedroom. Wife loves this feature on the 3450 model but is it realy usefull? the 3650 Nabo has does appear to have more kitchen area but the 3450 has the hall storage. decisions, decisions !!
The U kitchen is no problem. We never have more than one of us at a time in there. We like like the extra counter space at the end. That's where we put our coffee pot in the morning. The GC has the big full wall storage area in the hall that is part of the Bedroom slide. We use it as a combination pantry and linen closet on one side of it and fill the closet side with our coats and sweaters.

brianharrison

We also have the Grand Canyon and love the extra storage in the hall pantry/closet. We find it very useful. As with Gus, we like the u litchen for the extra counter space (and we put our coffee pot there as well). We have no problems with the U kitchen - there can be a mark on the counter where the rubber wiper moves on the counter top - but some owners have removed it to prevent any marks.

Brian

Speedy

Tenderfoot, my wife and I went back and forth regarding the a U shaped counter or an island. After spending many hours in units on dealer lots and at RV shows we felt the island layout was better suited for us. Now that we have been in the coach for three weeks and have entertained lots of family we have no regrets. Being able to take the "shortcut" to the frig instead of the long way around and through guests is the ticket!

I'm not saying one floorplan is better than another because we all are different, but I will say that you need to imagine as many possiblities as you can. For sure Heartland does not make it easy to choose.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
We do have a 3450TS and really like the floorplan. Overall, we could not be more pleased. One of our concerns has been addressed with the updated models...the 3450 is dark inside especially when compared to our previous rig. I see the addition of a kitchen window and lights above the sink area which I am sure helps. We also do no have slam baggage doors which are now standard. You can also get hydraulic front legs on the newer models. The 3450 is a very comfortable rig and tows great. We like the extra counter space you get with the 3450 kitchen counter. We even love the vessel sink! My only issue is I have a leak in the front cap somewhere and cannot seem to get it stopped. It doesn't leak into the living space just into the cap/bulkhead area. Possible during our Winter Break I can find the cause.

Best Wishes and feel free to PM any specific questions.