2009 Bighorn 3600RE and 2008 Ford F350 Lariat

Nixonjb

I need some guidance please. I purchased a new 2009 Bighorn 3600RE and have always used a service to haul it. I have purchased a 2008 F350 short box (6.75') to haul it on my own. All the literature allows that the Bighorn is matched to extended cab, shortbed trucks. If that is indeed accurate, I have plans to purchase a new hitch to install in my truck bed. It has come to my attention that older style 5th wheel trailers required a special hitch to adjust for the shorter bed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. JBN

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Welcome to the Heartland Forum. You won't need a special (slider) hitch. From day 1 the Bighorn has had the "patented" 88 degree radius front cap. There are a few owners that have the slider hitch but rarely if ever use it.

mmomega

AnyTimer
When I towed with my shorted I ended up with a PullRite SuperGlide 24k, man was that thing a beast to try and put in and take out. But it worked perfectly and I didn't feel like chancing it if I happened to go 89 degrees....and one time, I think I had it at 91 deg, boy talk about reared pucker.