High Pointe Microwave door melted to frame

I picked up my brand new 2012 Greystone last week and for the first time yesterday I tried out my High Pointe microwave. I noticed that the microwave started working as soon as I pushed the button to open the door, which I knew was not right. I reheated a slice of pizza and it seemed to work OK. About an hour later I wanted to use the microwave again and pushed the button to open the door and it would not open. I pried it open with my fingers and saw that the door has melted and welded to the frame of the door in 2 places. Has anyone else had this type of problem?

jimtoo

Hi arveelover,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I have never heard of anything like that, but to be safe I would unplug the microwave or turn the breaker off that supplies power to it just to safe. Then check your microwave's owners manual for a phone number,, if none, call Heartland Customer Service, 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030, and they should be able to point you in the right direction for help.

Let us know what happens.

Jim M

Thanks for the info. I called the dealership and they said they would order us another microwave. We removed the microwave and will take it in to them. We could hear something rattling around inside the microwave, so that could be the cause.

lorax

Thanks for the info. We have a new High Pointe microwave and will keep my eye on it.
Ted