Camping World Presidents Club Offer

jpmorgan37

If you are a member of Camping World's Presidents Club, and are not a member of 1000 Trails, they are offering a 4 day, 3 night free trial offer, a $50 Camping World Gift Certificate and a 30 day camping membership. You will have to sit through a 90 minute presentation but they say "no obligation to buy". Here is the website if you are interested: http://www.1000trails.com/offer/scripts/index.pl?offer=_rvv The way I look at it; free camping? Why not. Let us know if you try it.

John

jpmorgan37

This is a follow up to my previous post. We took the offer of the free camping and went to Gloucester, VA for three nights. The campground would probably rate a WWW using Woodalls rating, and from their ads, we really expected more. I talked to other members who said that most of their parks were about the same as this one. They did a nice sales pitch but the price was more that we felt that we would regain in our camping lifetime. If we were a lot younger it would have been more attractive.

John

bsnider

BS & Ruth Ann
1000 Trails

:D I am sure the price you were quoted was where the salesman started. The price for 1000 Trails membership is negotiable, just like buying a used car. I think you can get your best deal buying someones used membership, really cheap. You will still have the annual fees and about $1500 dollar transfer fee. I bought mine from 1000 Trails a few years ago and negotiated a good price. We had been thinking of letting it go, and were checking out the other parks and our options. We decided instead to keep it and upgraded our membership, spent more money.

I haven't been to any of the parks on the east coast yet. Next summer, we will take a look – they might not be as good a deal as we have in Texas and the west coast. :cool:

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
jpmorgan37 said:
This is a follow up to my previous post. We took the offer of the free camping and went to Gloucester, VA for three nights. The campground would probably rate a WWW using Woodalls rating, and from their ads, we really expected more. I talked to other members who said that most of their parks were about the same as this one. They did a nice sales pitch but the price was more that we felt that we would regain in our camping lifetime. If we were a lot younger it would have been more attractive.

John

JP

We are taking 1000Trails up on this offer this weekend up at Lake Conroe outside of Houston TX. I figured a free camp site and $50 at CW were worth it to put up with a 90 min sales pitch. We more than likely will not buy either but I can't pass up a free chance to camp...lol!!

jpmorgan37

You are right on the price negotiation. They started at $14000 and by the time we were done, they were at $8500. We checked one of the other groups of parks that they were including, Outdoor World, and they weren't any better than the 1000 Trails that we were at. It just wasn't what we were looking for.

John

bsnider

BS & Ruth Ann
1000 Trails

I think if you buy it through one of the resale places, you can expect to pay about $1000 for the membership plus $1500 transfer fee and about $600 a year in annual fees. Should you decide to do this, be careful to get only the "National membership". They sell the regionals which is only part of the pie, usually for the same or similiar price.

Uncle Rog

jp, keep an eye out for people selling older memberships, a lot of times you can buy them for a song or nothing, just take over dues. Some of them have limited transfers so make sure you are not the one with out a chair when the music stops, so to speak.....

jpmorgan37

Thanks everybody but from what I saw of their parks, ie, appearance and condition, I won't give anything for a membership. I'll stick with Good Sam, COE or Escapees.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Look for alliance membership. It will give you park to park priveleges. National give 2 weeks in a park then you have to be out of the system for 7 days then you can go back in.
If you look around for a used membership you should pay between $1000 and $2000 for it if it encludes Alliance with all parks in all regions. Transfer can be up to $1000 and dues about $600 for 50 nights camping. Extra nights will be about $5 per night.
There is a premium membership also in 3 different layers that are starting to come available now. They are $4000 t0 $8000 upgrade to the regular TT membership.
From Sunriver-Bend Oregon TT camp
Rand

Bob Vaughn

campground memberships

I really had a bad experience at another campground sales pitch. When I declined to purchase the salesman left the room. My wife and my kids an I got up to leave only to find the door locked. The knob had been reversed and the lock was on the outside. He had gone to get the high pressure manager. When I threatened to call the police for false imprisonment they let me leave. I stood in the parking lot warning the other people who showed up what to expect once they got inside. It was not TT but it put a bad taste in my mouth.
:(

C

Chulinw

You should have called the police and filled out a report on them. That type of sales practice should not be tolerated. We had a Toyota dealer that would not give the customers the keys back to their car and they had a few reports filed on him. He is no longer a Toyota dealer.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Anyone Know of Any Available resale Memberships to Camping Clubs

My wife and I here in San Clemente, Ca are first time RVers and looking if anyone has any good deals for any of the major camping membership clubs incl RPI, Thousand Trails, Coast to Coast, any we haven't heard of or combination therof. Some salesman says if we buy this $549 membership in Texas, we will get a combo of Coast to Coast and RPI and only renew each one for under $100 per year. Is that a good deal? Any links or ideas let us know. Rookie first timers from the beaches of SoCal.

Debbi and Larry
2008 Ford F-250 Crew Cab Lariat Diesel
2009 Big Horn 3400RE (if it ever shows up) ordered in Sep 2007 and still waiting.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Larry, dont buy anything yet. There are plenty of camp grounds that you only pay for the time you stay there. PM me and we talk about it. Bob

donabel

I am a member of Passport America at http://www.passportamerica.com

They have a good number of campgrounds in the East. I haven't checked areas where my job doesn't carry me. I work east of the Mississippi River.

It paid for its self the first week I had it. They also have a referral program that is handy.

e mail me for my referral number if you like.

My wife and I here in San Clemente, Ca are first time RVers and looking if anyone has any good deals for any of the major camping membership clubs incl RPI, Thousand Trails, Coast to Coast, any we haven't heard of or combination therof. Some salesman says if we buy this $549 membership in Texas, we will get a combo of Coast to Coast and RPI and only renew each one for under $100 per year. Is that a good deal? Any links or ideas let us know. Rookie first timers from the beaches of SoCal.

Debbi and Larry
2008 Ford F-250 Crew Cab Lariat Diesel
2009 Big Horn 3400RE (if it ever shows up) ordered in Sep 2007 and still waiting.
Hi Debbi & Larry
My wife and I are also new rvers and had some of the same questions. There are many campground associations are are not sure if they are of value or if they are really something that you should belong too. The question is which one best suits our requirements. Please share the responses you receive. Have you heard about Western Horizons.
Larry & Betty

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Larry and Betty,
Check out one of my later posts since we bought a resale that can't be beat. It's under this thread and its a great deal. PM or email me with questions. It includes RPI preferred ( which btw has sever 1000 trails parks, and Western Horizons), Coast to Coast Deluxe, Naco, Leisure Time, CRA, Happy camper, and its awesome. All for about $1,000 and about $350 in annual dues. You never even have to go to the home park either Lake Shiloh in Monroe LA (and that ain't Los Angeles).
I get a referral camping bonus if you use my name. Last year on our summer trip, it paid for the whole trip. We only had to stay at outside campgrounds on a 31 day trip twice.

Also fyi, you can get a free 4 day 3 nite 1000 trails free trip at any 1000 trails campground that has a sales office. On our trip this summer, in OR one of the campgrounds in RPI had the deal but I am going to save it because RPI is only $10 a night.