New Owners of a 183T... Any tips or tricks welcome

We purchased our 183 this week and finally have it in the driveway today :D!!!!. I feel I've done my homework before making the step of buying one but I know with anything you never know too much and considering we are totally new to this any tip or trick is appreciated. And we were also wondering if there was a website to purchase accessories. The Heartland website shows the MPG line and possible accessories available but no prices or place to order them from.

Thanks

jimtoo

Hi TND-MPG183,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Hopefully the dealer gave you all the necessary essentials so you could at least spend the night in your new toy. If your totally new to the rv'ing world, welcome aboard. The Heartland family is here to help. A really good place to shop on line is Tweety's. Good people to work with, fast service and good prices. They will have just about anything you need,, and if you find it cheaper someplace else, they will match price.

Enjoy the forum and your new toy.

Jim M

Bobby A

Congratulations on joining the Heartland family, you just made 2 right moves, buying a Heartland product, and logging on to this forum. You will get every ounce of information you need right hear.

Bobby A

kb0zke

Welcome to the family! We've had our 181 for almost a year and really enjoy it. Sure beats a tent!

By now you have discovered that the "manual" that comes with your trailer is nearly useless, so feel free to ask your questions here. Many have already been asked and answered, though, so often a search will get your answer quicker, but if you don't find what you need, ask us.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Congratulations!! Here's a tip for you. Join the Heartland owners club and start showing that rig off at some rallies!!! You will get 10% off any parts you buy through Heartlands parts dept. Free attendance at any chapter rally in the country, an owners plaque, and other goodies. Click on the "Owners club" tab at the op of the page. enjoy your new trailer.

Hi TND-MPG183,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Hopefully the dealer gave you all the necessary essentials so you could at least spend the night in your new toy. If your totally new to the rv'ing world, welcome aboard. The Heartland family is here to help. A really good place to shop on line is Tweety's. Good people to work with, fast service and good prices. They will have just about anything you need,, and if you find it cheaper someplace else, they will match price.

Enjoy the forum and your new toy.

Jim M

Thanks, We will check the website out

Actually ours didn't come with any manual. I saw they have a general manual you can print out at the Heartland website. Would it be a waste of time to print it? The dealer went over everything we need to know but we both were overwhelmed and over excited to remember most of it. I know most of the learning will come through using it. And thanks for the reply

Tumblebug

I would down load the general manual to a file and only print sections as needed. Also included in my packet were manuals for all the appliance, the radio and water pump. Maybe the dealer or someone here can hook you up with those manuals. I have a 183 but not the 183T, would be interested in seeing some pictures, as it is not on the web site. If you can't get the manuals let me know and I can scan some of them and convert to a pdf file, one or at a time or point you to the right model on a web site. Me and my scanner are slow.

I have a Suburban water heater Model SW6DE , a six gallon electronic ignition and 110 volt electric. The manual
http://manuals.adventurerv.net/Suburban-Water-Heater-Installation.pdf. A start for your file.

I would down load the general manual to a file and only print sections as needed. Also included in my packet were manuals for all the appliance, the radio and water pump. Maybe the dealer or someone here can hook you up with those manuals. I have a 183 but not the 183T, would be interested in seeing some pictures, as it is not on the web site. If you can't get the manuals let me know and I can scan some of them and convert to a pdf file, one or at a time or point you to the right model on a web site. Me and my scanner are slow.

I have a Suburban water heater Model SW6DE , a six gallon electronic ignition and 110 volt electric. The manual
http://manuals.adventurerv.net/Suburban-Water-Heater-Installation.pdf. A start for your file.

That is cool.... We will go over the manual like you mentioned and pull out what we could use. But we totally appreciate the offer. I will let you know as we go.... thank you so much!!!