PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MS, Southaven - 6/1/2012 to 6/3/2012

Nabo
11-14-2011, 08:36 PM
536 WE Ross Pkwy, Southaven, MS 38671Venue:------------------------------

EZ Daze RV Park
536 WE Ross Pkwy
Southaven, MS 38671
Kristy or Tammy 1-877-377-9577 (toll free)
www.ezdazervresort.com (http://www.ezdazervresort.com)
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee: $0
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee: $0

Details:------------------------------

Number of sites held: 15 (5-17-12, the campground is still full. Contact us by PM if you would like to be put on a wait list)
Site fee: $30.00 per night.
Club Member Event fee:
Non-Club Member fee: $20.00 (paid to the Chapter Leaders)
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 6/2/2012
Potluck time: 7:00 pm

Event Leader: Nabo(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=4998)

Additional Info:------------------------------

Come to Memphis Area
For TN/KY 2nd Annual Rally
Enjoying Roll & Rock or the Blues Music
And eat some ribs & BBQ

Schedule:

Pre-rally activities
Wednesday/Thursday
Tunica/Mississippi surrounding area
Early arrival folks are planning on doing some day touring trips.

Friday - June 1st
6:00 pm - Meet-n-Greet (upstairs meeting room) Please bring an appetizer to share.
Plates, utensils and napkins will be provided. Bring your own drinks.
Also"Preparing to go Full-Timing" presented by Lee McClure
Lee and Linda McClure are now full-timers and have learned alot preparing to live in their Sundance full time.
Come hear about their Do's and Don't as they prepared for full-timing.
Door Prizes

Saturday - June 2nd
8-9 am - Mixed Fruit, Danish, OJ and coffee (upstair meeting room)
10 am - Tour of Memphis Area Cost - $24 per person (if 20 or more people, we will get a discount)
Reservations must be made by April 27th. See post #14 for details
3:30-4:00(approx) - Workshop - Hobo Lanterns by Jerry Winkle (Cost to be determined)
6:00 pm - Catered BBQ Dinner from Boss Hog BBQ (upstairs meeting room) All utensils will be supplied. Bring your own drinks
Door prizes
Heartland Owner Club group Picture

Sunday - June 3rd
Continental breakfast (donuts/danishes/coffee)
Worship - There will be a short worship program conducted Ed Rauch.

Rally Service Project:
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
An e-mail with the Gift program list sent to all participant 2-18-12
Please contact Nathan or Byrd (nabo) if you did not get it or can't open it.

Participants, State, (HOC forum name), HOC #, Paid Tour:
Byrd & Nathan Mathis, TN (nabo) #1298 Tour
Hoyt & Mary Maisack, IN (oscar8499) #2034 Tour
Bobby & Linda Eanes, TN (SuperDuty08) #1153
Lee & Linda McClure, TN (lmcclure) #1084 Tour
Donald & Carol Kutscher, IL (dfk009) #1932 Tour
Tom & Millie Combs, KY (ncc1701e) #1820 Tour
Neil & Sharon Weiss, MO (netem) #1044 Tour
Ed & Barbara Raugh, NC (braugh) #1709 Tour
John & Carol Zurn, TN (zurn) (Cancelled 5-28-12)
Eric & Dorothy Van Opstal, VA (Flying Dutchman) #1202 Tour
Craig & Elsie Roessel, TN (croessel) #2081 Tour
Dave Yocum & Julie Hancock, VA (davebennington, clubmgr) #1006
Jerry & Judy Winkle, TN (jjwink) #1773
Bob & Barbara Mansolina, AL (Bobemuzzy) #2023

Also attending but camping off site: Dick & Fran Bernard, FL (Rodbuster) #2074 Tour

Nabo
11-16-2011, 01:37 PM
It's sad that we are getting ready to put the Grey Ghost (the Big Country) to bed for the winter but excited about working on the 2nd Annual TN/KY Chapter Rally next year. The 2012 rally is going to be in the western part of Tennessee in the Memphis area. I know the campground is just across the Mississippi line but yes it's the TN/KY group and any and all Heartland product owner's are welcome. When you call the campground, just let them know you are with the Heartland rally group so that you will get the special rate and they will put you in the same area as the rest of the HL folks. After you register, just let us know, or respond to this thread that you have registered and the site number if the campground gives you that info.
Already can't wait till next year for rally time.

MaryandSteve
11-16-2011, 03:28 PM
We were just wondering.(since we are newbies) what goes on at a rallie.

Nabo
11-16-2011, 05:57 PM
Good Question

Each rally is handled differently and no two are alike. Activities and events depend on the area and the organizers/wagonmasters. Most have some kind of get together on Friday night either as a potluck or meet-n-greet event. We have been to rallies that do nothing on Saturdays letting folks wander on their own and others have some type of event planned during the day. Last year the TN rally was in Townsend and we had a Cades Cove tour for all participants. We just got back from the SC rally who had a city tour followed by a harbour tour. I know NC fall rally did an ice cream sundae event followed by a corn maze. Some have had seminars on RVing. Usually Saturday night is a potluck dinner/social. So you see each one is kind of the same but different.

As for the Memphis gathering - we are working to find something unique to that area. If you have any suggestions that would be great.

If you have any other questions, please ask away.
Byrd

MaryandSteve
11-16-2011, 06:16 PM
Since we are new, And never attended a rally, We thought that this one would be a good start. We live in Indiana and the chapter up here does not seem to be active. Plus Growing up in Martin,TN I miss real pulled pork barbeque. Will talk to the wife and try to plan on coming down.

Nabo
11-16-2011, 06:42 PM
Fantastic - ya'll are welcome and hope to hear from ya soon.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.
B--

lmcclure
11-16-2011, 07:04 PM
Hey Byrd so far it looks like we will be there. Will be making reservations in a few days. Just a suggestion as you know Linda and I are fulltiming and I did a seminar on preparing to fulltime at the Tennessee Good Sam Rally as we learned a lot from new financing to what you want to keep. I still have a lot of the paperwork left and if you wanted me to I would be willing to do it again. No pressure just volunteering. Texas is great so far, 92 today.
Lee

Nabo
11-16-2011, 07:16 PM
Lee

Don't rub the weather in. It's been pouring down rain, wind blowing leaves all over the yard and about 45 degrees here. Yuk. We will probably take you up on the full timeing offer. We are still in the early planning stages and don't have any excursions planned yet.

Enjoy Texas.

MaryandSteve
11-19-2011, 11:24 PM
Well the wife agreed and we made the reservations today. They said we would be in site 3. We are looking forward to our first rally. I will probably have a lot of newbie questions .Hope i don't annoy anyone. see you there.

Nabo
11-20-2011, 12:59 PM
Yea - Hoyt, glad you and Mary could clear your schedule and come. Can't wait to meet ya'll. :)

archbarb
11-24-2011, 06:12 PM
We're planning on making this rally!
Barb

ncc1701e
11-24-2011, 11:44 PM
We will certainly be there Byrd. I'll call and make some reservations when we get back from Denver.

Nabo
11-25-2011, 05:32 PM
We are so excited that the Princes and the Combs are planning to come to the rally. Just let us know when you get your reservations in.

Hope everyone has a Happy Holidays.

Nabo
12-05-2011, 08:54 PM
Update - Have just chartered a tour of Memphis on Saturday, June 2.
Cost: $24.00 per person (can get a discount if 20 or more people sign up for the tour). Reservation must be made by April 27th.
Who to pay: Nathan or Byrd Mathis Where: Mail check to 820 Foothills Rd, Lenoir City, TN 37771
Time: 10 a.m. (2.5 to 3 hour tour)
Pickup/drop-off: The EZ Daze Campground (yeah - we don't have to caravan anywhere)
Will See: Downtown Memphis, Beale Street, Cotton Row, Victorian Village, the two statues of the Kings (Elvis & B.B. King), Lorraine Motel, A. Schwab (132 year-old general store), St. Jude Children's Hospital & the pavilion where DannyThomas is entombed, Graceland, the Duck walk at Peabody Hotel, Sun Studio, Memphis Pyramid and FedEx Forum. The Peabody Hotel Duck Walk is at 11 a.m. and the tour is going to try to have us there to see it.

MaryandSteve
12-06-2011, 01:10 AM
Count us in. Buy the way is anyone headed to Gillette after this rally?

ncc1701e
12-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Holt, we are trying to make our mind up right now about the national rally. Just have not decided.

Nabo
12-06-2011, 06:27 PM
If you're not sure about heading to the HL National Rally - do go. It is one of the most informative, fun rally that you can go to. Plus I understand that Heartland service dept. is planning on sending a crew with supplies to do minor repair work on your coach. That's worth it by itself!! We saw lots of repairs being done at the past National Rally in Goshen and if the crew couldn't do the work on the grounds, they scheduled a time at the factory to complete the work. Not sure how that will work from WY but it's worth a shot. Also, there is so much to do in and around the rally site - the Black Hills with Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Needles Hwy, Custer & Wind Cave Parks; Devils Tower; Cody; etc, etc. We spent 2 weeks out there 2 years ago and could spend another 2 weeks. Great part of the country to see.
Since Nathan & I are still in the work force therefore we will not be able to go to the National Rally this year but are planning to go in 2013. The TN/KY Rally is a great stopping point on your way out to WY with plenty of e-z travel time to get to WY for the National Rally.

Hoyt & Mary - I'll put ya'll down for the tour.

Nabo
12-10-2011, 01:46 PM
We are excited about a great presentation Friday night. Lee & Linda McClure have agreed to share their knowledge on "Preparing to go Full-Timing". He and his wife Linda have been full-timing a short time and have learned alot in getting ready to move from owning a home to traveling around this great country. Let them tell you about what they have learned to do, or not to do, getting ready for full-timing and once full-timing, finding places to stay. They will be open for any questions that you might have. Thanks Lee and Linda for sharing your knowledge.

lmcclure
12-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Thanks Byrd, we are happy to give this presentation. We have learned a lot from our time on the road and I am sure that we will learn even more before then. There are a lot of do's & don't's that we did not know about and did it ever open our eyes, everything from upgrading to a newer and bigger rig, to notifying your bank that you will be traveling. I have a note to call in the morning and make reservations and yes Linda and I are up for the tour. See you all there.

archbarb
12-13-2011, 03:20 PM
We are signed up on site #6, arriving on the 1st. As we get closer to the date we may come in earlier!!! Hooray, can't wait!!!! Looking forward to seeing everyone!!
Barb

Nabo
12-13-2011, 07:00 PM
We are so glad that Archie and Barbara can come. It will be great seeing ya'll again.

Have also gotten an e-mail that Bobby and Linda (SuperDuty08) are also coming. They are expecting a new grandbaby about that time so we might have to throw a grandbaby shower for them.

lmcclure
12-14-2011, 02:46 PM
Reservations made we are in site 7. Will mail the check to you for the tour this weekend. Really looking for ward to this rally.

Nabo
12-14-2011, 06:31 PM
Yea -the McClures are coming. Glad to have you both.

Lou_and_Bette
12-19-2011, 08:51 AM
I will be calling for a reservation today if it is alright for Bette and I to join your group. Rally sounds fun and informative since we will be going full time after I retire Jan 31, 2012. We will be on our way to the national rally afterwards.

Lou

Nabo
12-19-2011, 06:48 PM
Absolutely you and Bette, and of course Milo, may come to the Rally. We would love to have the great state of Texas represented. As of right now, I'm not sure who else will be heading to the National Rally but let's put it out on the table and see.

Nabo
12-19-2011, 09:06 PM
Would like to "Welcome" Donald & Carol Kutscher to the Rally. This will be their first rally so everyone make feel welcome. They are also planning on attending the Memphis tour.

Lou_and_Bette
12-20-2011, 08:14 AM
Site #8 is reserved for the Milo wagon (he thinks it is his RV) arriving 28 May and depart 4 June. Looking forward to meeting all this nice group and since Bette is originally from very southern Indiana she will blend right in with the KY family

Nabo
12-20-2011, 10:20 AM
We are so glad that the great State of Texas will be represented. Gosh - what a nice variety of states being represented. Glad you all can come.

Lou and Betty - you asked about if anyone else was heading to the National Rally from Memphis. Hoyt and Mary (oscar8499) had asked the same question earlier. Might be ya'll can contact each other about heading that way together.

ncc1701e
12-20-2011, 11:58 AM
Byrd, I finally got around to making our reservations. We are arriving Thursday (May 31) and leaving Monday (Jun 4). The kind lady said we were assigned to site #10. Looking forward as always to seeing you and Nathan pluse the rest of the Heartland gang.

Nabo
12-20-2011, 01:21 PM
How exciting that you and Millie are coming. It will be good to see you both again.

You had asked earlier if anyone was going to the National rally from this rally. It looks like there might be a couple of folks going so if ya'll decide to head that way, you might have some traveling company.

ncc1701e
12-20-2011, 06:58 PM
Update - Have just chartered a tour of Memphis on Saturday, June 2.
Cost: $24.00 per person (can get a discount if 20 or more people sign up for the tour). Reservation must be made before May 1st.
Who to pay: Nathan or Byrd Mathis Where: Mail check to 820 Foothills Rd, Lenoir City, TN 37771
Time: 10 a.m. (2.5 to 3 hour tour)
Pickup/drop-off: The EZ Daze Campground (yeah - we don't have to caravan anywhere)
Will See: Downtown Memphis, Beale Street, Cotton Row, Victorian Village, the two statues of the Kings (Elvis & B.B. King), Lorraine Motel, A. Schwab (132 year-old general store), St. Jude Children's Hospital & the pavilion where DannyThomas is entombed, Graceland, the Duck walk at Peabody Hotel, Sun Studio, Memphis Pyramid and FedEx Forum. The Peabody Hotel Duck Walk is at 11 a.m. and the tour is going to try to have us there to see it.

Byrd, count us in for the tour. If I forget to send a check just throw something and hit me as a reminder (hopefully something soft).

Tom & Millie

ncc1701e
12-20-2011, 07:01 PM
Byrd,

It is about 20 mile over to Tunica. I didn't know if anyone would be interested in a little gambling site trip during the outing. Maybe something to suggest as a possibility.

Nabo
12-20-2011, 07:04 PM
Not a problem and glad to include ya'll for the tour. You can wait til after the first of the year, toward Feb. if you like to send a check to us. I will send out a reminder about then.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Nabo
12-20-2011, 07:30 PM
Hum - gambling??? That might be an option. How many of ya'll are up for another side trip to Tunica?

archbarb
12-21-2011, 06:32 AM
I'm not a gambler but Barb loves it. We've been to Tunica a few times and its pretty amazing. So if a trips planned count us in.

Myself, I'm going to be on the lookout for ELVIS:cool:

Archie

lmcclure
12-21-2011, 11:05 AM
We are coming in on Wednesday, anyone else coming in then or before? Thursday or Friday morning would be a good time to go.

MaryandSteve
12-21-2011, 11:31 AM
We also will be arriving wednesday. Mary and I would love to go to Tunica. Also,Lou and Bette we will be heading to Gillette from the Rally. We plan on staying in Mt Pleasant IA too see Family for a day then stop somewhere to go see Mt Rushmore never been there. See you in June.

ncc1701e
12-21-2011, 07:37 PM
Right now we are scheduled for a Thursday arrival. However, I'm very flexible and Wednesday is a very easy adjustment if we have a group for an activity like Tunica or even a round or two of golf.

Nabo
12-21-2011, 08:42 PM
Sorry guys but Thursday is the earliest that Nat & I can get there (hate this thing called work) but if there is enough interest, I will try to find a local golf course that's near the cg and cost. Will let you know sometime next week after Christmas.

ncc1701e
12-21-2011, 09:45 PM
Sorry for your issues Nathan, if some of us happen to get there earlier we'll try not to drink all the good coolaide before you arrive (LOL).

Nabo
01-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Nathan & I had a small table set-up at the Knoxville RV Show this past weekend and got to talk to a lot of folks who were HL owners but never heard of the HL Owner Club, or the forum. I did got to walk around seeing coaches that some of the other dealers had brought and excited about seeing how many are picking up the HL lines. 5 dealerships had from new Prowlers, Sundances, Greystones, Elkridges, Big Horns, Landmarks and Cyclones. I'm also excited about their generosity giving items for door prizes to the Rally. Looks like there will be lots to give aways. Finally - we would like to thank RVS for Less for letting us set the table in their display area.

hogan
01-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Nabo, we are planning to be in Walls, MS. On June 2nd. With your okay , we would like to visit your Rally Sat. Afternoon to meet folks in your chapter. We are leaving early Sunday morning headed to Gillette via Branson, Omaha, north Platte.
Hogan

Nabo
01-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Hogan - you should know you don't have to ask - just come on over. Everyone would love to meet ya'll. And there are a couple of others who are also heading to the NAHL rally from this rally. So the answer - yes.

Netem
01-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Nathan, The wife and I are planning on being down your way if you have room for some Missouri people.

Nabo
01-11-2012, 08:47 PM
We would love to have the State of Missouri represented at the Rally and Welcome. Just let us know when you make your reservation with your site number. Tell the campground that you will be coming in for the HL Rally. If you want to come in early or leave late, the cg should give you the rally rate for your entire stay. Can't wait to meet ya'll.

lmcclure
01-11-2012, 09:13 PM
Hey are we having more Beer Garitos (sp) this year, last year's batch was perfect. We have even taught others hers in Texas about them, may start a national trend. We definitely will go to Tunica on Thursday if anyone else wants to come with us they are welcome.

Nabo
01-12-2012, 07:57 AM
Gosh Lee - I forgot all about the Beergaritos. Looks like a party might be in the works.

Lee - why don't you head up a group to Tunica on Thursday? There seems to be some interest for a day trip but unfortunately Nathan & I wont arrive til late afternoon Thursday. Everyone chime-up if Tunica might be an options for Thursday.

archbarb
01-12-2012, 08:36 AM
Archie and I will probably roll in on Tuesday or Wednesday....Arch is not a gambler but I am definitely up for a Thursday trip to Tunica!
Barb

archbarb
01-12-2012, 08:40 AM
BTW, I am definitely up for Beergaritas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Barb

Netem
01-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Nathan, Reservations are made. We are set up to be there on the 1st right now but if the wife doesn't get to many snow days at school we may come a little earlier. Looking forward to meeting everyone at the rally. Neil & Sharon

lmcclure
01-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Would be happy to organize a trip to Tunica. Everyone that wants to go post a reply and tell me what time you want to leave. I am available along with the wife from 8am until 8:30 pm. Getting old and go to bed early sometimes. lol We will go on Thursday.

ncc1701e
01-12-2012, 04:46 PM
Would be happy to organize a trip to Tunica. Everyone that wants to go post a reply and tell me what time you want to leave. I am available along with the wife from 8am until 8:30 pm. Getting old and go to bed early sometimes. lol We will go on Thursday.

Lee,
Right now we are due in on Thursday. I think we should be there and setup by 2pm. We will go forsure, but don't let our time hold anyone up. I'll have to check with the wife about getting in on Wednesday.
Tom

Nabo
01-12-2012, 06:07 PM
Welcome Neil and Sharon to the rally. Glad that the State of Misssouri will be represented.

It also sound like there is enough interest to head to Tunica on Thursday. Thanks to Linda and Lee for taking the lead on this informal but fun outing.

MaryandSteve
01-12-2012, 09:43 PM
Count us in on the trip to Tunica. We arrive on Wednesday. We can go anytime on Thursday(if i'm not still trying to back in. We are newbie's LOL).

archbarb
01-13-2012, 07:45 AM
I'll be ready to go anytime Thursday but will know more as time closes in!
Barb

lmcclure
01-13-2012, 11:56 AM
We love to sit in our chairs and watch, should everyone bring rating cards? lol Don't worry we were all newbies once. There will be plenty of Adult Coca-Colas there if you need one.

Netem
01-14-2012, 09:24 AM
I know all about the rating cards. The first time we went to Goshen in 09 we had a good sized group sitting around watching as we backed in. Lucky for me I didn't know they had the cards until I was in my spot. I got out of the truck and here they were all holding up their cards. I'm sure glad I did OK getting it in there.:D

Nabo
01-14-2012, 01:09 PM
We have been on the judging side not the receiving side of the scoring game but that's ok. It's all in fun :rolleyes:.

WOW - just double check the registration list and we have 6 different states represented. What a nice mix of folks coming. Who else is planning on attending :confused:

ncc1701e
01-14-2012, 10:14 PM
I can see right now I'm going to sneak in after dark cause I'd hate to be distracted by all you guys falling out of your lawn chairs laughing watching me back in. Especially with a helper who sometimes doesn't know her left from right..................;)

MaryandSteve
01-15-2012, 03:30 AM
We'll when we get there if you have a video camera it mite make for a good laugh on UTube. We are going to take it out on a shake down run in feb. to Jacksonville FL. If you see me screaming coming down Mount Eagle don't laugh. As for the score cards, if we get a good score do we get a prize? lol.;)

Netem
01-15-2012, 10:23 AM
I think the lady at the camp ground told me we have pull thru sites. You could call her and check if it would make you feel better since we have about 4 1/2 months to go.:D

Nabo
01-15-2012, 10:33 AM
You are correct in that the campground is working on putting a road behind the sites that have been assigned for us. They hope that it will be completed by June. We do too. Pull thru here we come.

As for the score cards, you still will have to align and straighten the rig up on a pull thru so there's room for judging. Don't worry Tom, the judges are up all hours of the day/night. ;)

lmcclure
01-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Tom don't worry, I am on the parking crew with Tennessee Good Sam;s and at the rally we have to help people get parked as we escort them to a site and then guide them into a site. It is still scary when the driver stops and gets out and tells the DW okay here is your chance to park the rig. Don't worry not only do we watch but we also will help. Of course that is after you have tried at least 6 times, no just kidding. If you need help please don't hesitate to ask, as everyone will help that is the great thing about the Heartland group. At the Tennessee Rally last year one rig even convinced me to spend a lot of money on an in bed tank, my dw says I am a tightwad. Take care and we will see everyone soon.

ncc1701e
01-15-2012, 06:35 PM
Tom don't worry, I am on the parking crew with Tennessee Good Sam;s and at the rally we have to help people get parked as we escort them to a site and then guide them into a site. It is still scary when the driver stops and gets out and tells the DW okay here is your chance to park the rig. Don't worry not only do we watch but we also will help. Of course that is after you have tried at least 6 times, no just kidding. If you need help please don't hesitate to ask, as everyone will help that is the great thing about the Heartland group. At the Tennessee Rally last year one rig even convinced me to spend a lot of money on an in bed tank, my dw says I am a tightwad. Take care and we will see everyone soon.

Lee, It would not be fun if I got it on the first pass (LOL). To stop and tell the wife to park, well that would be like time to check the insurance and tripple the coverage first. She scared me when all I had to worry with was a small Ford Escort to get her to park. A question, "What does DW stand for?" I'm just looking forward to getting back on the road. I'll be laid up for about 8 or 10 weeks here. Tore the muscles in the right shoulder and will have a little corrective surgery in two weeks. No big deal except for the time of limited activity. Sure did mess with our wintering plans this year. Oh BTW, how goes this first few months of full timing? Millie and I keep talking about making some moves ourselves although I'm not sure we are really ready to give up the ranch completely. Looking foward to sitting and chatting again.

lmcclure
01-16-2012, 11:50 AM
DW Dear, Darling Wife, and any other thing that starts with d. My wife has started to drive some and is learning how to park. We found a large parking lot and she practices. I feel for you with the shoulder, I had surgery 10 years ago for torn Rotator Cuff and AC joint clean out. My best friend had the same thing last week and is doing great. Full timing was the best thing that we have ever done. We lived on a houseboat for 6 years and this beats that, especially since we don't have to get up and go to work on Mondays. We will leave Rockport on 3/5 and start back to Tennessee where we will use Spring City as a home base. Take care and we look forward to the Rally in Southhaven.

brauch
01-19-2012, 01:46 AM
Hi Byrd & Nathan.....we are planning to attend the TN/KY rally.
Will let you know when we make our reservations...most likely will arrive Wed. or Thurs. Are you
still planning the Memphis tour? Last time we were in Memphis, it was a breeze visit and did not
have time for sightseeing. Hope all is well on your end. Looking forward to seeing ya'll.

Nabo
01-19-2012, 01:12 PM
We would love to have you and Ed come to the rally. Haven't seen ya'll in awhile so this will be great unless ya'll are heading back to Bristol in March. We will definitely be there.
Yes we are still doing the City Tour of Memphis. It's about 2 1/2 - 3 hours long with a couple of stops, seeing lots of places. Hope ya'll can join in.

hillsonwheels
01-19-2012, 07:30 PM
NABOs!!!!!!!!!!!

You must be special! We're gonna do a lot of driving to attend th KY/TN rally! Will be there on 31 May and depart on 4 June. Have been assigned site #29. Take care and see you then.

Dick

Nabo
01-19-2012, 07:50 PM
How can we have a rally without Hillsonwheels :o. Glad ya'll can make it!!! Sorry to hear that ya'll can't make the out-West trip but their loss is our gain. Just let me know if ya'll want to join in the Memphis Tour. Say HI to Reta. If we don't see ya'll before June, travel safely.
B--

hillsonwheels
01-19-2012, 07:59 PM
Sorry I didn't say it earlier........of course we're in for the Memphis tour. Never been there done that? Guess I can buy a tee shirt?

Dick

Nabo
01-19-2012, 08:27 PM
Fantastic - will pencil ya'll in.

Just want to remind everyone that if you are thinking about taking the City Tour of Memphis, please have your reservations/payments turned in by April 27th. Payment to the tour company for reserving the bus has to be made by May 1st. For more information about the tour, please check Post #14.

brauch
01-26-2012, 05:45 PM
Our reservation was made today. We are planning to arrive Thurs. 5/31 (may change to a day earlier ??) and stay until Monday 6/4.
We have been assigned to Site #2, but were told that the site assignments may change. Don't understand that, but so be it.
Also, please include us in the Memphis tour. I will mark my calendar to mail a check to you the first week of April.
Do you expect more Heartlanders than the 12 spaces you have reserved? We are excited about starting up the rallies for 2012. Hope to see
you before this KY/TN rally.

Nabo
01-26-2012, 05:52 PM
We are so glad that the Rauchs' can come the Memphis Rally and will pencil ya'll in for the tour. And yes - can't wait for the camping season to begin. We are heading over to Waynesville for an informal HL gathering March 2-4. Maybe ya'll can come as well. If you can, I know we will run into ya'll before June. Travel safely.

Nabo
01-30-2012, 07:43 PM
Can you believe it's a little over 5 months till the rally? I can't. Time is flying by so fast and before you know it, spring will be here and that means - RALLIES - lots to choose from.

We currently have 11 of the 12 pre-reserved site taken and someone had asked the question about the rally getting more spots. I have called the campground and they have given us 2 more spots for a total 14 sites. The campground is filling up fast because of a local community event and so, at this time, this is all that they can give us. If there are cancellations from the community event, they will try to hold some more for us. If you are thinking about maybe coming, you might want to go ahead and make your reservation.

Also - we are looking at doing a community service project for this rally. We have asked the Eanes (superduty08) for their imput and they have a couple of suggestions. Stay tuned as things develope.

Flying Dutchman
01-31-2012, 09:37 AM
Whew!!:) Seems we got in just under the wire. We have reservations for site #21 and will arrive Thursday 5/31 for 3 nights. So looking forward to rallying with the Nabo's again, and then launching off to Gillette. Count us in for the tour Byrd, and I will send the check in early April (honest, I will).:angel:

Nabo
01-31-2012, 01:20 PM
Yea - the Flying Dutchmans' are coming. We are so happy that ya'll can work the TN/KY Rally into your schedule as ya'll head out to the North American HL Rally. I think I remember that there are also a couple of other rigs also heading to the NAHL Rally from this rally.

Also just heard from John & Carol Zurn who just made reservations for the rally. Welcome and can't wait to meet ya'll.

hillsonwheels
01-31-2012, 08:25 PM
Byrd,

Just thought you should know......I believe there's a stalker in our midst! :eek: This flying dutchman dude keeps showing up where ever he thinks there might be some sausage gravy and bistix. Do you ever vet the folks that sign up for the rallies? :confused: Just kidding.......How can you refuse the President and First Lady of the Rallyholics???????????:cool:

Dick

Nabo
01-31-2012, 08:26 PM
Well you could spice up a couple them biskits with some those peppers and it just might change his desire to show up so regularly.

croessel
02-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Made our reservations today. They said we will be on site 14, but that could change. We will be arriving on Thursday 5/31 for 3 nights. Also, include us in the Memphis tour and I will send the money to you. We look forward to meeting everyone, this will be our first time camping with all of you.

Nabo
02-04-2012, 02:33 PM
Glad to have one of the newest TN/KY members join the Rally. Welcome Craig & Elsie! We will also go ahead and pencil ya'll in for the tour.

lmcclure
02-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Hey Craig tell Elsie to comeo on over on Wednesday and go to Tunica with us on Thursday. By the way don't forget the home made bread. Byrd will like it also.

superduty08
02-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Croessel, Welcome to the TN/KY group and glad you're coming to the rally!

davebennington
02-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Nathan &n Byrd,

We are going to register tomorrow, I hope we can still get a site, Julie has relatives in the area and we will have to stop and see them. We will be passing through on the way to Gillette.

dave

Netem
02-05-2012, 10:11 AM
WOW, This is turning into quite a Rally. Jim B is going to miss out on some good Southern cooking but knowing Jim he will be bellied up to the table somewhere.:D

davebennington
02-06-2012, 09:24 AM
We did get registered this morning one of the last sites.

dave

Nabo
02-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Yea - glad to have ya'll Dave & Julie.

Nabo
02-06-2012, 06:18 PM
We are working with the campground for a couple more spaces so if you are thinking about making the rally, go ahead and call them. Let them know that you are coming in with the Heartland Rally.

lmcclure
02-06-2012, 08:50 PM
Hey Byrd,
Elsie Roessel is a nurse that is also an outstanding baker of homemade bread. We don't let her register at the Good Sam Rallies without a loaf. Apparently the word is out about your rallies as more are coming this year. Yeah

Nabo
02-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Sounds like bread is a must. Elsie - Lee has elected ya as the official bread maker. I'll be off the diet thing by then so I can't wait to try some. B--

brauch
02-07-2012, 05:46 PM
Made our reservations today for the Waynesville campout 3/2-3/4. See ya there.

We are so glad that the Rauchs' can come the Memphis Rally and will pencil ya'll in for the tour. And yes - can't wait for the camping season to begin. We are heading over to Waynesville for an informal HL gathering March 2-4. Maybe ya'll can come as well. If you can, I know we will run into ya'll before June. Travel safely.

Nabo
02-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Glad to have ya'll at the informal spring campout in March. Seems like forever the last time we camped and being with great friends. B--

Nabo
02-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Oh WOW - we have exceeded our original 12 pre-sites with 15 now registered. After talking with the campground today, they can only give us 1 more site. After that we will have to go on a wait list - sooo - if you are thinking to about joining in - this might be the time to register.

ncc1701e
02-17-2012, 04:29 AM
Byrd, count us in for the tour. If I forget to send a check just throw something and hit me as a reminder (hopefully something soft).

Tom & Millie

Byrd,
Check is made out and goes in the mail today.
Tom & Millie

Nabo
02-17-2012, 10:34 AM
Thanks Tom and Millie. We'll be looking for it the next couple of days. As we receive payments for the tour, we will mark the 1st post beside the name, in bold, the word TOUR. This is going to be a fun tour of Memphis so come on and plan on going.

We are also working on a service project for this rally. Linda and Bobby Eanes (superduty08) have agreed to help out and have found a gift program for the patients/children of St Jude Hospital. What a great project and Thanks to Linda and Bobby for researching and getting the information. The St Jude Hospital list shows the does and don't for gifts. Currently I'm working on uploading the list. Stay tune.

Nabo
02-18-2012, 08:06 PM
Do to a problem uploading the Gift Program list onto this website, the list has been emailed to each participant. If for some reason you did not get it, or can not open it, please let us know. This is a great program that St. Jude ask assistance with. These gifts gives the children a little comfort and helps the day past. Please help if you can.

Nabo
02-21-2012, 06:55 PM
This is a first for us. As of today's date (2-21-12), the campground if full. We have started a wait list and staying in contact with the campground so we can get you in when a site opens up. Therefore - if you think you would like to come, please let us know so we can add you to the list.

jjwink
02-23-2012, 09:43 PM
So happy for the TN chapter having filled all the sites but so disappointed we were not one of them. Hope something opens up to let more of the TN group attend.

hillsonwheels
02-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Too bad you guys under "guestimated " the draw for your rally. Not throwing stones. Just wondering how in the world a chapter leader can come up with a workable number when starting to negotiate with a CG for the amount of spaces when a rally is in the beginning stages. Everyone always seems to use Kentucky windage......:rolleyes:.....Maybe Tennessee windage would be better? :cool:

Dick

ncc1701e
02-25-2012, 06:07 PM
Too bad you guys under "guestimated " the draw for your rally. Not throwing stones. Just wondering how in the world a chapter leader can come up with a workable number when starting to negotiate with a CG for the amount of spaces when a rally is in the beginning stages. Everyone always seems to use Kentucky windage......:rolleyes:.....Maybe Tennessee windage would be better? :cool:

Dick

Good day Sir Dick, (showing appropriate respect to senior member), Partner I just noticed that you have a Q5 hitch with a slider. Looking at the different rallies Millie and I have planned thus far, it would appear that we will cross paths a couple times. If you don't mind I'd like to look at that slider. It is something I've considered adding to my Q5. Have not needed it yet, but I can see where it might be one of those things better to have and never to need with these short bed trucks. Have a good day. Tom.

hillsonwheels
02-25-2012, 06:29 PM
Tom....be more than glad to show you the hitch. Tho' I don't really feel that you'll need one. I've only used mine in the back yard just to see if it really made a difference.

My story on that is long and best left for a "beer talk". I did not set out to buy one but ended up with what I got. Like I said..........we'll talk at our first rally. Hope all's well with you and Millie and you have fair winds and following seas!

Dick

ncc1701e
02-25-2012, 06:42 PM
Dick, Looks like we'll first cross at Hilton Head, we are going to Willow Tree in Myrtle Beach for about 8 days before heading down to Hilton Head. See you there.

Nabo
03-05-2012, 07:54 PM
Can you believe it's less than 3 months till the Rally. WOW!!!

Don't forget about the service project that has been lined up. Helping St. Judes Children Hospital with their Gift Program is just a small thing that we can do as they help the sick children that are there at the hospital.

If you are interested in doing the Memphis City tour, please check-out post #14 for information. Keep checking back to post #1 for those who have signed up for the tour. Let us know if we have missed you.

Netem
03-17-2012, 09:36 AM
Nathan and Byrd, checks in the mail for the tour.

Nabo
03-17-2012, 05:01 PM
Thanks Neil/Sharon. We will be looking for it next week.

Nabo
03-30-2012, 01:34 PM
Only 2 more months till the Rally.

Just a reminder that if you would like to go on the Memphis City Tour and haven't mailed us your money yet, please do so soon. We have to turn in numbers and payment before the end of April.

We are still working on a Saturday afternoon activity so stay tune.

Nabo
04-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Yea - we would like to welcome Judy and Jerry Winkle to the rally. Glad to have ya'll.

brauch
04-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Hi ya'll......Our check for the Memphis tour is being the mailed to you tomorrow.

Nabo
04-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Ed/Barbara - fantastic. We'll be looking for it.

IF anyone else wants to do the tour, please send your money as soon as possible. Friday, April 27th is the day that we have to pay the tour company so get your check in the mail ASAP. See post #14 for more information.

MaryandSteve
04-09-2012, 11:42 PM
ITS GETTING CLOSE. So who is going to Tunica? We will be there on Wen the 30th and the DW wants to try to loose all the fuel money to get us to Gillette.(LOL)

Nabo
04-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Lee - are you still planning to head-up a group heading down to Tunica? Who else would be arriving early and wants to go?

lmcclure
04-10-2012, 02:17 PM
Yes we are planning on going on Thursday sometime around 12. I have never been there before but am willing to try it. I think Linda has some extra money she wants me to lose. Really looking forward to this.

Nabo
04-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Hum - I bet a couple of other folks can help ya lighten your pockets Lee :rolleyes:.

Brauch - got ya covered for the tour - thanks.

Nabo
04-14-2012, 09:07 AM
I understand that some of ya'll didn't get the email with the attachment of the St. Jude's Gift program list so we will mail it to you. Please just let us know who didn't or couldn't open the file and we will mail you a copy. I have the Weiss' list in the mail.

Hope to see everyone soon.

lmcclure
04-14-2012, 05:34 PM
WE got ours. Tks.

Lou_and_Bette
04-23-2012, 08:42 AM
I am sad to report that Bette and I can not attend now. I called the park and canceled our reservation so there is now a spot open if you have someone on the waiting list. We were looking forward to meeting you all and hopefully will be able to do so in the future.

Lou

Nabo
04-23-2012, 05:56 PM
Lou and Bette - Sorry to hear that ya'll can't make it but plainly understand, especially with the economy not getting any better. Yes - we also hope to meet ya'll soon. Travel safely.

Nabo
04-24-2012, 06:43 PM
Only a little over 5 weeks till the TN/KY Rally. Just a reminder that if anyone else would like to go on the Memphis tour on Saturday, please let us know by this coming Friday (the 27th).

brauch
04-26-2012, 09:50 PM
I understand that some of ya'll didn't get the email with the attachment of the St. Jude's Gift program list so we will mail it to you. Please just let us know who didn't or couldn't open the file and we will mail you a copy. I have the Weiss' list in the mail.

Hope to see everyone soon.

Byrd.....do not remember seeing the St. Jude list. Please e-mail to me at: bhrauch@hotmail.com
Thanx....

Nabo
04-27-2012, 10:20 AM
Absolutely Barbara - sending it to you now. If you don't get it please let me know.

If anyone else need another copy, please let us know.

Rally on---

Nabo
05-01-2012, 04:13 PM
It's 1 month til we get to Rock-n-Roll. Can't wait to see everyone. Got lots of surprises so come and enjoy.

Nabo
05-08-2012, 06:18 PM
FLASH - CHANGE IN THE SCHEDULE ;). Saturday's potluck dinner has been cancelled. The rally is now having a catered BBQ dinner from Boss Hog BBQ - YEAH. The only thing that you will have to bring is your drinks. With Saturday's dinner now being catered, let's change the Friday night Meet-N-Greet, asking everyone to bring an appetizer to share.

Don't forget about the Community Service Project - St. Judes Children's Research Hospital Gift Program. We ask that you pick one item from the list to bring to the Rally. Linda & Bobby Eanes will be delivering these to the Hospital for the Rally.

lmcclure
05-08-2012, 09:01 PM
Oh yeah, Looking forward to it.

Nabo
05-09-2012, 07:22 AM
Just heard from ArchBarb (Archie and Barb Prince) who had to cancel the rally. Between the economy and fuel prices, it's hard on everyone. Hope to see them soon at a future rally.

With that said, now we have an opening if anyone else would like to come. Just let us know.

Bobemuzzy
05-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Nathan
My name is Bob Mansolino and me and my wife (Barbara) belong to the Miss/Alabama heartland chapter. We would like to come to your rally. My email address is Bobemuzzy@gmail.com . Please let up know asap so we can make are plans.

Thanks
Bob Mansolino

jimtoo
05-09-2012, 12:46 PM
Hi Bob and Barbara,

Welcome to the posting side of the forum. You will meet some great folks at the rally and I'm sure there will be plenty of food.

I'm sure Nathan will contact you soon.

Jim M

Nathan
My name is Bob Mansolino and me and my wife (Barbara) belong to the Miss/Alabama heartland chapter. We would like to come to your rally. My email address is Bobemuzzy@gmail.com . Please let up know asap so we can make are plans.

Thanks
Bob Mansolino

Nabo
05-09-2012, 04:27 PM
Bob/Barbara - come on up (I guess in your case). Just talked with the campground and they said they will hold you a spot. They are closing the office at 6 today (central time) and open up at 8 in the morning. Just let us know that you have made the reservations.
I think we meet ya'll this past weekend at Pine Mountain. In fact I think I have a picture of ya'll from Friday night introductions.

Bobemuzzy
05-13-2012, 10:23 AM
Nabo

My wife and I (Bob & Barb Mansolino ) will not be going on the Memphis tour. Will you please email me ( Bobemuzzy@gmail.com ) what is happening with the St Jude Children's Hospital.
So you all at the rally.

Nabo
05-13-2012, 03:04 PM
Not a problem about going on the tour because of the dog. I have emailed you the list for the St Judes Children Research Hospital Gift list. Please let us know if you did not get it.

WOW - less than 3 weeks til the Rally. Gosh time is flying. If anyone has any questions, please give us a holler.

ncc1701e
05-14-2012, 06:28 PM
Yes we are planning on going on Thursday sometime around 12. I have never been there before but am willing to try it. I think Linda has some extra money she wants me to lose. Really looking forward to this.

Lee, we will be in on Tuesday staying through Monday. We'll head down to Tunica with the group. I'll have to hide all the credit cards and cash from Millie though.

Tom

Nabo
05-15-2012, 07:35 AM
Thanks Tom - I absolutely forgot about the pre-rally adventure to Tunica. If anybody wants to be included on the day trip, just respond here so everyone will know who wants to go.

Tennessee Chapter Heartland Owner Club Lantern - Jerry Winkle will be doing a workshop for those who would like to make a TN HOC lantern out of a 5 gallon bucket. They are really cool especially at night when it lit. What we need is a head count of who wants to make one so that we will have enough supplies on hand. There will be a cost (somewhere around $20-$25 because of the TN Chapter decals and the light supplies) but not sure of the total at this time.

Finally - I might be asking for help on Thursday when I get to the campground. Nathan's work might have him in another state that week so I will be bringing the Grey Ghost in by myself with the help of my co-pilot BamBam. Pulling the coach isn't the problem, setup might be!! So if someone is around the cg just waiting to have something to do Thursday afternoon, I might be asking for your assistance. Nathan will be flying in either Thursday night or sometime on Friday so a trip to the airport also might be order.

Thanks
Byrd

MaryandSteve
05-15-2012, 07:56 AM
We would like to go to Tunica, The lantern sounds like a good idea to me. Since we are orphans with no chapter in Indiana and growing up in West Tennessee, count us in. If you need someone to go pickup Nathan let me know I would be glad to help. We will be there on Wednesday. Cant wait to meet everyone

Nabo
05-15-2012, 08:32 PM
Thanks - might have to take you up on your offer. Will let you know soon.

Nabo
05-16-2012, 06:55 AM
15 more days - Whoopee.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Nabo
05-16-2012, 06:11 PM
Dick and Fran Bernard will also be joining us for the Rally. Due to the campground being full, they will be camping off site but plan on participating with the group. Everyone please welcome them and make them feel at home cuz they will be homeless at the cg.

zurn
05-16-2012, 06:55 PM
Nathan-nabo-would love to contribute to the St Judes gift giving! Would you e-mail us the gift list ! Time is a flying-John Zurn. Our e-mail is zurn.john@yahoo.com Thanks

Nabo
05-16-2012, 07:29 PM
John - I have sent you the list by email. Please let me know if you can't open it.

hillsonwheels
05-20-2012, 06:12 PM
BUMMER :(:(...................We are both unhappy that we've had to make the decision to cancel another rally! Ms Reta still is not hitting on all eight cylinders. So it is with regret we will call the CG tomorrow and cancel our reservation. Hopefully there is another couple that can step up on short notice and fill our spot. Sorry to miss out on more fun and foolishness. Have fun ya'll and safe travels to all making the journey to Southaven.

Dick

Nabo
05-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Sorry to hear that Reta is still not feeling well and sad that we will all miss the "hillsonwheels". Dick - please give Reta a big hug from all of us.

krhyde
05-21-2012, 07:57 AM
Dick and Fran Bernard will also be joining us for the Rally. Due to the campground being full, they will be camping off site but plan on participating with the group. Everyone please welcome them and make them feel at home cuz they will be homeless at the cg.

Keep an eye on Dick. "Loaned" him my Visa card for the "scavenger" hunt at the Pine Mountain rally and although he gave me my card back, there are several new charges on it recently. Strange thing, all the charges are for items we added to our "safety" list and just happen to work for my Key Largo. I'm telling Faye that perhaps Dick is buying stuff on my Visa card. Don't think she is believing me but that's my story and I'm sticking to it. LOL Ken

lmcclure
05-21-2012, 06:27 PM
Count us in on the bucket idea. We will be glad to help out on the set up also. Don't know much about those fancy doo dads called auto leveling but do know about sewer and water hoses. We just got back from a Great Samboree and leaving Thursday for Long Branch COE for fishing then on to Southhaven. Really looking forward to it.

ncc1701e
05-21-2012, 07:25 PM
Thanks Tom - I absolutely forgot about the pre-rally adventure to Tunica. If anybody wants to be included on the day trip, just respond here so everyone will know who wants to go.

Tennessee Chapter Heartland Owner Club Lantern - Jerry Winkle will be doing a workshop for those who would like to make a TN HOC lantern out of a 5 gallon bucket. They are really cool especially at night when it lit. What we need is a head count of who wants to make one so that we will have enough supplies on hand. There will be a cost (somewhere around $20-$25 because of the TN Chapter decals and the light supplies) but not sure of the total at this time.

Finally - I might be asking for help on Thursday when I get to the campground. Nathan's work might have him in another state that week so I will be bringing the Grey Ghost in by myself with the help of my co-pilot BamBam. Pulling the coach isn't the problem, setup might be!! So if someone is around the cg just waiting to have something to do Thursday afternoon, I might be asking for your assistance. Nathan will be flying in either Thursday night or sometime on Friday so a trip to the airport also might be order.

Thanks
Byrd

Count us in on the bucket... looks cool. If I remember correctly, the campground told me we were on Site #10. What ever help you need setting up we'll do our best to help. 270-635-3693 just ring when you're getting close to the campground and I'll be looking for you. I've found another pretty nice campground for us to consider in the future for a rally. If there is anything else you need help with during the rally just let Millie or myself know.

superduty08
05-21-2012, 07:52 PM
Byrd, count us in on the lantern. We will come down Friday morning. Linda's last work day is Thursday.

Nabo
05-22-2012, 07:45 AM
Just a little over 10 days and things are moving fast. Right now we have 4 peoples who want to do the Hobo Lanterns - Eanes, Maisack, McClure and Comb. If anyone else wants to do them, just let us know so that supplies can be bought/on hand but anyone can come and watch.

Dave Yocum and Julie Hancock have graciously said that they will be the "official" rally photographers so be ready to say "cheese".

Update on Nathan's travels - he will be flying in somewhere around 9ish Friday evening so ya'll are just going to have to put up with me (heehee) til then. I will be bringing the Grey Ghost in hopefully early Thursday afternoon - thank goodness they have me in a pull-thru (YEAH).

B--

superduty08
05-23-2012, 03:39 PM
Byrd, we just found out that grandbaby #8 is scheduled for 6/6/12 after the rally. So maybe we won't have to leave during the rally as we feared.

Nabo
05-23-2012, 05:21 PM
I know ya'll are excited about grandbaby #8 and hopefully will see him/her soon after the rally but we all know how baby are - they have their own timing. Can't wait to see ya'll.

croessel
05-25-2012, 09:00 AM
Bryd, count us in on the lantern. We will be coming in Thursday, hopefully by noon, so I can also help you get setup.

Nabo
05-25-2012, 02:03 PM
Got ya down Craig for the Lantern. And thanks for being on stand-by on Thursday for set-up. As of right now, Flying Dutchman and I will be coming in together in that they are doing a stay-over at least Wednesday night here in Lenoir City before heading in.

Can't wait to see everyone again.

Nabo
05-26-2012, 08:12 PM
1 week and count-down has begun. Weather forecast is to be in the low 80's and very low percent of rain. Thank goodness a little cooler than this weekend which was forecasted in the 90's in the Memphis area. Everyone travel safely.

lmcclure
05-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Linda and I are at Long Branch Recreation Area at the base of Center Hill Dam. This is a COE park and is great. We will leave here on Wednesday morning and travel to Southhaven. It is about 265 miles from here so hope to get through Nashville and Memphis before the crowds. We will be traveling on I-40 to 55. If you see us in the Sundance holler at us on CB
Channel 13. See you there. Have safe travels.

superduty08
05-27-2012, 01:31 PM
It is screaming hot in Mphs today and plenty of sun. 80's will be welcome. Sounds perfect!

MaryandSteve
05-27-2012, 01:34 PM
We are at home finally, getting everything ready to go. We will be leaving Tuesday morning going out I70 to I57 to I55. We are going to divide the trip up stopping in Sikeston Mo, then down to Southaven on Wednesday See everyone there.

dfk009
05-27-2012, 07:52 PM
We are at home finally, getting everything ready to go. We will be leaving Tuesday morning going out I70 to I57 to I55. We are going to divide the trip up stopping in Sikeston Mo, then down to Southaven on Wednesday See everyone there.

Hoyt & Mary,

You'll be coming right past us on I-57, mile marker 71 (Benton, IL). We are pulling out early Thursday to go through Sikeston, to get on I-55 for Southhaven. See you there, as we are in pad #9.

Don & Carol

MaryandSteve
05-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Don & Carol We will be at Boomland Tuesday night. Then head in to Southaven. I think they told us pad #4. see you there.

Nabo
05-28-2012, 10:50 AM
We are sorry that John and Carol Zurn can not make the rally due to illness. We wish them the best and hope to cross paths with them soon.

MaryandSteve
05-28-2012, 06:19 PM
Well plans have changed! While getting ready to go our refrigerator decided not to work, Although it worked up until the time I hooked up the truck and moved the RV. Called Tammy at E Z Daze and she told me about a mobile mechanic near them. So we will be headed straight to Southaven in the morning. Hope we can get it fixed there. So we will be there tomorrow afternoon. What a way to start out going to our first rally.:rolleyes:

Nabo
05-28-2012, 07:50 PM
Oops - sorry to hear about the refrig. There is also a Heartland dealership right next door to the campground called Southhaven RV Center. They have a service dept there so maybe they can help out. We tried to have them as a partner for the rally but couldn't work things out :(. Travel safely.

lmcclure
05-28-2012, 08:25 PM
Sorry to hear about John and Carol Zurn, they are great people. We had the pleasure of breaking bread with them in Texas over the winter. Hoyt don't worry about the fridge, Lots of people will volunteer their fridges for the food. You might not get it all back but they will treat it with respect. This is a eating group. lol Safe Travels.

Nabo
05-29-2012, 11:19 AM
Hey Barb/Ed - how's the new Greystone coming??? Can't wait to see it.

superduty08
05-29-2012, 07:17 PM
Just an update on the perfect weather for the rally. Thursday is the only chance of rain with a high of 86. Friday with a high of only 76 and low of 58. Saturday is a high of 82 and low of 68. Sunday gets back up to 89. This must have been ordered just for the rally because we have had over 100 heat index yesterday and 96 temp today. If rallies cause this weather, we could use more of them in the Mphs area.

Nabo
05-29-2012, 07:24 PM
Yea - glad to see the weather break a little. Thanks for the update.

MaryandSteve
05-29-2012, 09:13 PM
Well we made it here today and the refrigerator started working fine. I see the Combs came in too. See you all when you get here. We are in site 4.

dfk009
05-29-2012, 10:15 PM
Well we made it here today and the refrigerator started working fine. I see the Combs came in too. See you all when you get here. We are in site 4.

Hoyt & Mary

Glad to hear you had a safe trip, and the frig started working! I started our frig up today to start the cool down. And it didn't want to start at first either, till I played with it for awhile. Have to compare notes at the rally as to what is causing this problem.

Don

ncc1701e
05-29-2012, 10:48 PM
We're here on site #10. This is a very nice park. I saw Holt and Mary down the street, but haven't had a chance to say hello yet. The trailer was pretty warm after the drive and I was convienced it was in my best interest to take somebody out for supper while it cooled down a little.

Tom & Millie

brauch
05-30-2012, 08:49 AM
So far.....so good. We arrived in Nashville on Monday to layover for a few days. Had tire problem on the truck on the drive here....picked up a piece of metal on I-40. Will tell more when we see you.

Hey Barb/Ed - how's the new Greystone coming??? Can't wait to see it.

Nabo
05-30-2012, 11:46 AM
Hey Tom - haven't heard from ya'll in awhile. Glad you made it without any problems.

Absolutely - you better take Millie out!!!:rolleyes: She desires it.

ncc1701e
05-30-2012, 04:59 PM
Hey Tom - haven't heard from ya'll in awhile. Glad you made it without any problems.

Absolutely - you better take Millie out!!!:rolleyes: She desires it.

We are here, talked with Lee & Hoyt about tomorrow. We're headed to Tunica around noon or so tomorrow. A little rain here today and more later. The weekend is suppose to be great though. What time you do in kido? Do you still need a little help setting up or is Nathan going to be along? I'm sure Millie will have lost all her quarters and mine in time to get back here and help if you need some.

lmcclure
05-30-2012, 07:00 PM
We got in around 2pm cst. Traffic was fine in Nashville and on 240 around Memphis. My TST system is showing that I have a slow leak in the right rear tire on the rig. I will call Good Sam service in the morning. We are in site 7. Leave to go to Tunica so that I can leave a deposit around 12-1 tomorrow. Have a safe trip, cops were out in force on I-40. No road problems just some lanes where they ground down the surface. All work being done at night. Get off at exit 287 on I-55 south. Turn right and at light turn right again. right after Southhaven RV turn left and the park is on the right. Hot Tub looks great. Safe travels to everyone.

lmcclure
05-30-2012, 07:04 PM
By the way plans are right now eat at the Boiling Point Rest. Tomorrow night. If you like seafood this is the place. They have pasta and steaks also. Linda doesn't have to order a Hot Dog.

Nabo
05-30-2012, 08:35 PM
Glad everyone is so far there safely. The VanOpstel and I are planning on being on the road by 8:00 am in the morning and meeting up with the Winkles on the interstate. Hopefully we will be in by around 2-3 in the afternoon. Can't wait to see everyone.

Netem
05-31-2012, 01:07 PM
We got in around 7 pm yesterday, waited for the rain to pass. 5 Heartlands here so far more on the way.Rain possible this afternoon then weather supposed to be good for the rally. :cool:

lmcclure
05-31-2012, 05:11 PM
Had a storm rumble through today but most of us were at the slots in Tunica, yes I did come back with more than I took. Linda broke even. Dinner tonight at the Boiling Point at 6 CST. Byrd and 4 other rolled in today. Looking good now with the weather. Are you ready for some fun?

superduty08
05-31-2012, 05:35 PM
I hope ya'll endured the storm this afternoon. Expect a little more later tonight. Linda and I plan to be on the road after rush hour, so we should be in between 9:30-10am. Look forward to seeing everyone.

brauch
05-31-2012, 10:44 PM
Arrived today safe and sound, after meeting up with the VanOpstal's and Byrd on I-40. Happy to say.....no tire issues on this leg of the trip.

jbeletti
05-31-2012, 10:54 PM
We got in around 7 pm yesterday, waited for the rain to pass. 5 Heartlands here so far more on the way.Rain possible this afternoon then weather supposed to be good for the rally. :cool:

What? Neil, Sharon and Daisy are going this rally and I will miss them again! Dang it! I mean, I'll miss everyone, but how often do I get to see Sharon and Daisy? And Neil too :)

Have fun at the TN rally y'all.

We're in WI and will be in MN tomorrow for a few days, then onto Gillette!

Nabo
06-01-2012, 08:38 AM
Got in yesterday with plenty of help to set-up before the storm. I want to thank Eric and Dorothy for staying with me as we traveled down I-40, picking up Ed and Barbara along the way, and Eric, Neil and Ed with setting me set-up. What a great group of folks in the Heartland Owners Club has.

There were about 15 folks (i think) who went to the Boiling Pot. Great Cajun seafood and the 1 waitress did a good job keeping up with us. Thanks for the suggestion Lee of finding a good place to eat.

Got a couple more folks coming in this Friday but everyone is having a good time dodging the rain drops.

Rally on TN/KY (with a bunch of other states rep).

Randy
06-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Byrd, Eric, Dorothy. Ed, Barbara and a whole bunch more of you. Santha and I wish we were there. Get Nathan off the plane this evening and have fun.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles.

boatto5er
06-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Hey Byrd,

You'll have to update your map in your signature. You can add Mississippi now. :D

Netem
06-01-2012, 09:49 PM
Had our meet and greet tonight and like most Heartland rallies we had way to much good food. Have met alot of new Heartland friends here and Byrd is doing a great job even though Nathan hasn't made it here yet.

hillsonwheels
06-02-2012, 09:36 AM
You folks are making us jealous down here. Talked a bit with Eric this a.m. and he sez all's well there. Glad to hear that even the weather is cooperating. Sad we aren't part of the mix but glad all of you are having a good rally. As has been said...............rally on!!!!!!!!!!!

Dick

davebennington
06-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Hey Byrd,

This was a great rally, the campground was good place to have a rally lots to do in the area. The food was outstanding I eat too much as usual. Sorry to hear you did not see Elvis when you were on the tour.

I will post the pictures sometime next week.

dave

superduty08
06-03-2012, 01:37 PM
Nathan & Byrd, we had a great time at the rally, thanks for all you did to pull it off. We enjoyed meeting new friends and renewing older ones. Hope all have a safe trip home or to your next destination.

clubmgr
06-03-2012, 05:01 PM
Thanks, Byrd and Nathan for a super rally. You did a fine job with everything. Thanks to the wonderful folks who attended. Hope to see all y'all down the road.

brauch
06-03-2012, 06:05 PM
Many thanx to Byrd and Nathan for another great rally. We had a great time catching up with old friends and making some new ones. We will be back on the road in the morning and will be stopping in route in the Kingston, TN area to spend some time with old friends from PA. Safe travel to all and hope to see you down the road.

Nabo
06-03-2012, 08:02 PM
We are home, getting in about 7:30, unpacked, eat supper and now washing clothes so Nathan can fly back out early tomorrow morning. Oh and the tire (yes we had a tire going flat on the truck before leaving the cg) held up without blowing-yea. It's heading to the tire store tomorrow afternoon.

What a great rally but it couldn't have been a great rally without the support of all of ya'll. Would like to thank all of those who helped me with the coach - Eric/Dorothy, Neil and Ed. Without your knowledge on setting up, I might still have been in the rain trying to figure out what's what.

Also we would like to thank Lee, Jerry and Ed for helping put on some great programs and spirital message. Hopefully everyone learned some new things which is alway fun. And the Bread Lady - Elsie - who brought enough bread so everyone had some to take home. HumHum Also a special thanks to Julie who was our photographer and Dave who will help post the pictures on the forum. Keep an eye out for his notice when he has gotten the time to post them in the next week or two.

Travel safely and Rally-on.

lmcclure
06-03-2012, 08:29 PM
arrived home around 5pm EST. We took the southern route through Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and finally Tennessee. It was a great trip home. Thank you to Nathan, Byrd and all of the others that attended and made this Rally great. Linda and I are already looking forward to the next one (after a few days rest). Take care and safe travels to everyone wherever you are going. If you are in our area look us up either here in Spring City, Tn or Rockport, Tx.

superduty08
06-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Nathan, glad your tire held. We've been thinking about that since we left.

MaryandSteve
06-03-2012, 09:55 PM
We'll Mary and I made it to Iowa about 5:45. Only one incident, a car ran over a blown tire and through it back at us and it hit the landing gear and broke the spring loaded pin off. The leg came down and drug the road until I could get over. Tied it up and got off the next exit at a Flying J. There was a rv Hauler in the parking lot that gave us a pin to put in and off we went. Mary and I would like to thank all of you for a great time at our first Rally.This confirms our Belief that we chose a great owners club to join.Travel safe going back home and we will see everyone next year. Thanks again.

Netem
06-03-2012, 11:30 PM
Thanks Nathan and Byrd for a great rally and so glad we took the tour. we made it to Athens Al. and got unhooked about 5 min before the rain hit now I'm waiting for the tornado watch to expire so I can go to bed. Was great to meet some of our southern Heartland family. Oh and Mary and Hoyt from Indiana even though you don't have a state chapter I think any one of us would be proud to take you in.

jbeletti
06-04-2012, 08:22 AM
Had our meet and greet tonight and like most Heartland rallies we had way to much good food. Have met alot of new Heartland friends here and Byrd is doing a great job even though Nathan hasn't made it here yet.

Neil, did you save room for dessert :)

Nabo
06-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Hoyt - sorry to hear about your troubles with the road gators - bummer.

We have just ordered the hangers for your name tags which will take about 2 weeks. Once I get them, I will mail them to you.

We had a great time and thank everyone for coming. Hope to see ya'll soon at a future rally.

Netem
06-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Hey Jim, You know I always have room for dessert :)

Flying Dutchman
06-04-2012, 08:42 PM
We made it home safely to Appomattox VA this afternoon, stopped overnight in Crossville yesterday. Wow!! Thought I was driving through Texas, seemed like we would never get out of Tennessee going from Memphis to Bristol. Thank you Byrd and Nathan for a great rally, we had a blast. It was also great meeting all, our Heartland family continues to grow. Until the next rally ...

dfk009
06-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Well we rolled into Christopher, IL about 3:30 PM this afternoon safe, after a very enjoyable first time rally. Byrd and Nathan, thanks for all the work that you put into making this rally such a success! It was truly a pleasure in meeting everyone present, and making many new friends! Hopefully we can attend the 2013 KY/TN rally. BOBEMUZZY, you've got the gears churning in Carol's head about attending the 2013 AL. April rally. Hopefully we can make that one also. Best wishes, safe travel, and good health to ALL our new friends.

Carol & Don Kutscher

jjwink
06-04-2012, 09:59 PM
We survived the terrible thunder and rain storm in Memphis last night and thought we had escaped it again this morning as we left the cg but it caught us about the time we hit I40 to head east. It rained so hard Jerry could only go about 25 mph. We stopped in Dickson TN to pick up our granddaughter and arrived home in Gallatin about 3pm. We had a super weekend with all our new Heartland friends and look forward to our next rally. Special thanks to Byrd and Nathan for all your hard work and to Ed for the wonderful message yesterday.

Netem
06-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Still working our way home. we left Al. this morning and now set up at Victory RV in Paducah Ky for a couple of days then on to Mo. and home.

Nabo
06-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Bummer about the weather Judy/Jerry but glad ya'll are home safe and sound. Enjoy the granddaughter. See ya in about 10 days up at the National Good Sam's Rally in Louisville.

So glad to have met you both Neil and Sharon and thanks for helping me with the Grey Ghost setup, especially since the weather was coming in. Travel safely and hope to see ya'll soon at a future rally.

davebennington
06-07-2012, 10:41 PM
I have posted a few pictures in the Tennessee gallery, but here is the parting shot everyone has been waiting for.

dave

Nabo
06-08-2012, 07:11 AM
Thanks Dave - what a great picture.

Ok - I have a question for everyone. How many folks have their ankles eaten up? On Sunday evening and Monday, my ankles starting itching and by thursday, red spots starting showing up. Must have been those no-see'ms or chiggers having lunch at my expense.
B--

Nabo
06-08-2012, 07:23 AM
I just checked out the pictures in the gallery and they are great. If you don't know how to get to them here's the steps.

1. on top of the tool bar, click the tab that says "Tools", then HOG (Heartland Owners Gallery)
2. on the left side you will see Rallies, click on the + sign
3. Click on the + sign for 2012
4. then click on the word Tennessee.

Our Photographer (Julie) did some really nice pictures of the group and individuals. They can be saved if you want a copy of any of them. Again - THANKS JULIE and of course Dave for posting them for all of us to share and enjoy. Great memories.

LINK to TN Pics (//heartlandowners.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=54540) :)

superduty08
06-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Sorry 'bout those chiggers. I guess we missed them. We have been busy this week as our new grandson arrived a day earlier than planned. All are well and going home today. We will go to St Jude Monday or Tuesday next week to deliever our donations. Thanks to all for your gifts.

Nabo
06-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Linda and Bobby delivered the donations to St Jude's. They wrote:

"Linda and I went to St Jude today and met with their donation coordinator. She was excited that our club chapter selected St Jude for our community project. She gave us a tour of the donation warehouse and is well stocked with donations such as ours. She told us that the turnover on these items is rather quick and really aids in the recovery of the patients."

Thank you everyone for helping the children pass the days away while they are at the Hospital.

superduty08
06-13-2012, 05:36 PM
Thanks for posting this for us. I haven't figured out how to post a pic yet. So that everyone knows how much was donated, Linda is holding I tunes cards and checks. There are two boxes stuffed full between us behind what you can see. Again, thanks to a GREAT club to help these kids and parents endure their pain.

Nabo
06-15-2012, 02:39 PM
We have received the hangers that go on your nametags. For those who will be at the Good Sams Rally in Louisville, KY next week, we will also be there and can give the hangers to those who will be attending. I know Judy and Jerry will be there. You can find us in the Heartland RV display area near the Landmark coaches. We will mail everyone else your hangers afterwords.

ncc1701e
06-15-2012, 07:32 PM
We have received the hangers that go on your nametags. For those who will be at the Good Sams Rally in Louisville, KY next week, we will also be there and can give the hangers to those who will be attending. I know Judy and Jerry will be there. You can find us in the Heartland RV display area near the Landmark coaches. We will mail everyone else your hangers afterwords.

Unless something comes up, we plan to be there on Saturday. See then.

Nabo
06-15-2012, 08:03 PM
Fantastic Tom/Millie. Can't wait to see y'all again.

Nabo
07-03-2012, 05:01 PM
Hangers are in the mail. If everyone will give them about a week to get to you before letting us know that you didn't get them, that would be great.

Hope to see everyone soon at a future rally event.

Netem
07-08-2012, 10:48 PM
Got our hangers, thanks Nathan and Byrd

Nabo
07-09-2012, 05:44 PM
Glad to hear that you have received your hangers Neil and Sharon.

Hope to see ya'll soon at a future rally.

B--