Not open for further replies.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
EVENT: TN/KY Heartland Chapter Rally: MS, Southaven - 6/1/2012 to 6/3/2012

Venue:------------------------------
  • EZ Daze RV Park
  • 536 WE Ross Pkwy
  • Southaven, MS 38671
  • Kristy or Tammy 1-877-377-9577 (toll free)
  • www.ezdazervresort.com
  • Pets ok?: Yes
  • Pet Fee: $0
  • WiFi available: Yes
  • WiFi Fee: $0
Details:------------------------------
  • Number of sites held: 15 (5-17-12, the campground is still full. Contact us by PM if you would like to be put on a wait list)
  • Site fee: $30.00 per night.
  • Club Member Event fee:
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20.00 (paid to the Chapter Leaders)
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 6/2/2012
  • Potluck time: 7:00 pm
  • Event Leader: Nabo(click to contact)
Additional Info:------------------------------

Come to Memphis Area
For TN/KY 2nd Annual Rally
Enjoying
Roll & Rock or the Blues Music
And eat some ribs & BBQ

Schedule:

Pre-rally activities
Wednesday/Thursday
Tunica/Mississippi surrounding area
Early arrival folks are planning on doing some day touring trips.

Friday - June 1st
6:00 pm - Meet-n-Greet (upstairs meeting room) Please bring an appetizer to share.
Plates, utensils and napkins will be provided. Bring your own drinks.
Also"Preparing to go Full-Timing" presented by Lee McClure
Lee and Linda McClure are now full-timers and have learned alot preparing to live in their Sundance full time.
Come hear about their Do's and Don't as they prepared for full-timing.
Door Prizes

Saturday - June 2nd
8-9 am
- Mixed Fruit, Danish, OJ and coffee (upstair meeting room)
10 am - Tour of Memphis Area Cost - $24 per person (if 20 or more people, we will get a discount)
Reservations must be made by April 27th. See post #14 for details
3:30-4:00(approx) - Workshop - Hobo Lanterns by Jerry Winkle (Cost to be determined)
6:00 pm - Catered BBQ Dinner from Boss Hog BBQ (upstairs meeting room) All utensils will be supplied. Bring your own drinks
Door prizes
Heartland Owner Club group Picture

Sunday - June 3rd
Continental breakfast (donuts/danishes/coffee)
Worship - There will be a short worship program conducted Ed Rauch.

Rally Service Project:
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
An e-mail with the Gift program list sent to all participant 2-18-12
Please contact Nathan or Byrd (nabo) if you did not get it or can't open it.

Participants, State, (HOC forum name), HOC #, Paid Tour:
Byrd & Nathan Mathis, TN (nabo) #1298 Tour
Hoyt & Mary Maisack, IN (oscar8499) #2034 Tour
Bobby & Linda Eanes, TN (SuperDuty08) #1153
Lee & Linda McClure, TN (lmcclure) #1084 Tour
Donald & Carol Kutscher, IL (dfk009) #1932 Tour
Tom & Millie Combs, KY (ncc1701e) #1820 Tour
Neil & Sharon Weiss, MO (netem) #1044 Tour
Ed & Barbara Raugh, NC (braugh) #1709 Tour
John & Carol Zurn, TN (zurn) (Cancelled 5-28-12)
Eric & Dorothy Van Opstal, VA (Flying Dutchman) #1202 Tour
Craig & Elsie Roessel, TN (croessel) #2081 Tour
Dave Yocum & Julie Hancock, VA (davebennington, clubmgr) #1006
Jerry & Judy Winkle, TN (jjwink) #1773
Bob & Barbara Mansolina, AL (Bobemuzzy) #2023

Also attending but camping off site: Dick & Fran Bernard, FL (Rodbuster) #2074 Tour

Last edited:

Nabo

Re: EVENT: TN/KY Heartland Chapter Rally: MS, Southaven - 6/1/2012 to 6/3/2012

It's sad that we are getting ready to put the Grey Ghost (the Big Country) to bed for the winter but excited about working on the 2nd Annual TN/KY Chapter Rally next year. The 2012 rally is going to be in the western part of Tennessee in the Memphis area. I know the campground is just across the Mississippi line but yes it's the TN/KY group and any and all Heartland product owner's are welcome. When you call the campground, just let them know you are with the Heartland rally group so that you will get the special rate and they will put you in the same area as the rest of the HL folks. After you register, just let us know, or respond to this thread that you have registered and the site number if the campground gives you that info.
Already can't wait till next year for rally time.

Last edited:

MaryandSteve

Past Indiana Chapter Leader (Founding)

We were just wondering.(since we are newbies) what goes on at a rallie.

Nabo

Good Question

Each rally is handled differently and no two are alike. Activities and events depend on the area and the organizers/wagonmasters. Most have some kind of get together on Friday night either as a potluck or meet-n-greet event. We have been to rallies that do nothing on Saturdays letting folks wander on their own and others have some type of event planned during the day. Last year the TN rally was in Townsend and we had a Cades Cove tour for all participants. We just got back from the SC rally who had a city tour followed by a harbour tour. I know NC fall rally did an ice cream sundae event followed by a corn maze. Some have had seminars on RVing. Usually Saturday night is a potluck dinner/social. So you see each one is kind of the same but different.

As for the Memphis gathering - we are working to find something unique to that area. If you have any suggestions that would be great.

If you have any other questions, please ask away.
Byrd

MaryandSteve

Since we are new, And never attended a rally, We thought that this one would be a good start. We live in Indiana and the chapter up here does not seem to be active. Plus Growing up in Martin,TN I miss real pulled pork barbeque. Will talk to the wife and try to plan on coming down.

Nabo

Fantastic - ya'll are welcome and hope to hear from ya soon.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.
B--

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084

Hey Byrd so far it looks like we will be there. Will be making reservations in a few days. Just a suggestion as you know Linda and I are fulltiming and I did a seminar on preparing to fulltime at the Tennessee Good Sam Rally as we learned a lot from new financing to what you want to keep. I still have a lot of the paperwork left and if you wanted me to I would be willing to do it again. No pressure just volunteering. Texas is great so far, 92 today.
Lee

Nabo

Lee

Don't rub the weather in. It's been pouring down rain, wind blowing leaves all over the yard and about 45 degrees here. Yuk. We will probably take you up on the full timeing offer. We are still in the early planning stages and don't have any excursions planned yet.

Enjoy Texas.

MaryandSteve

Well the wife agreed and we made the reservations today. They said we would be in site 3. We are looking forward to our first rally. I will probably have a lot of newbie questions .Hope i don't annoy anyone. see you there.

Nabo

Yea - Hoyt, glad you and Mary could clear your schedule and come. Can't wait to meet ya'll. :)

ncc1701e

We will certainly be there Byrd. I'll call and make some reservations when we get back from Denver.

Nabo

We are so excited that the Princes and the Combs are planning to come to the rally. Just let us know when you get your reservations in.

Hope everyone has a Happy Holidays.

Nabo

Update - Have just chartered a tour of Memphis on Saturday, June 2.
Cost:
$24.00 per person (can get a discount if 20 or more people sign up for the tour). Reservation must be made by April 27th.
Who to pay: Nathan or Byrd Mathis Where: Mail check to 820 Foothills Rd, Lenoir City, TN 37771
Time: 10 a.m. (2.5 to 3 hour tour)
Pickup/drop-off: The EZ Daze Campground (yeah - we don't have to caravan anywhere)
Will See: Downtown Memphis, Beale Street, Cotton Row, Victorian Village, the two statues of the Kings (Elvis & B.B. King), Lorraine Motel, A. Schwab (132 year-old general store), St. Jude Children's Hospital & the pavilion where DannyThomas is entombed, Graceland, the Duck walk at Peabody Hotel, Sun Studio, Memphis Pyramid and FedEx Forum. The Peabody Hotel Duck Walk is at 11 a.m. and the tour is going to try to have us there to see it.

Last edited:

MaryandSteve

Count us in. Buy the way is anyone headed to Gillette after this rally?

ncc1701e

Holt, we are trying to make our mind up right now about the national rally. Just have not decided.

Nabo

If you're not sure about heading to the HL National Rally - do go. It is one of the most informative, fun rally that you can go to. Plus I understand that Heartland service dept. is planning on sending a crew with supplies to do minor repair work on your coach. That's worth it by itself!! We saw lots of repairs being done at the past National Rally in Goshen and if the crew couldn't do the work on the grounds, they scheduled a time at the factory to complete the work. Not sure how that will work from WY but it's worth a shot. Also, there is so much to do in and around the rally site - the Black Hills with Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Needles Hwy, Custer & Wind Cave Parks; Devils Tower; Cody; etc, etc. We spent 2 weeks out there 2 years ago and could spend another 2 weeks. Great part of the country to see.
Since Nathan & I are still in the work force therefore we will not be able to go to the National Rally this year but are planning to go in 2013. The TN/KY Rally is a great stopping point on your way out to WY with plenty of e-z travel time to get to WY for the National Rally.

Hoyt & Mary - I'll put ya'll down for the tour.

Nabo

We are excited about a great presentation Friday night. Lee & Linda McClure have agreed to share their knowledge on "Preparing to go Full-Timing". He and his wife Linda have been full-timing a short time and have learned alot in getting ready to move from owning a home to traveling around this great country. Let them tell you about what they have learned to do, or not to do, getting ready for full-timing and once full-timing, finding places to stay. They will be open for any questions that you might have. Thanks Lee and Linda for sharing your knowledge.

Last edited:

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084

Thanks Byrd, we are happy to give this presentation. We have learned a lot from our time on the road and I am sure that we will learn even more before then. There are a lot of do's & don't's that we did not know about and did it ever open our eyes, everything from upgrading to a newer and bigger rig, to notifying your bank that you will be traveling. I have a note to call in the morning and make reservations and yes Linda and I are up for the tour. See you all there.

archbarb

We are signed up on site #6, arriving on the 1st. As we get closer to the date we may come in earlier!!! Hooray, can't wait!!!! Looking forward to seeing everyone!!
Barb

Status
Not open for further replies.