Insurance on my 08' Heartland 5r.

wingfoot

My insurance provider, I'm afraid, needs a little comparison with other companies...They seem high too me..They are in the $600.00 range...with a $250.00 deductible and they don't cover the awning!
Who do you guys recommend for competitive pricing and service?

rustyshakelford

We use usaa. For my truck, wifes 2012 Audi q5 and the cyclone, I pay $200 a month. That's full coverage and $250 deductible. Don't know how that compares but were thinking about a quote from farm bureau.

Brett

jjriker

We have our insurance with Geico. Our truck policy is $454/year and our fifth wheel policy is $532/year. We have $500 deductibles.

mlburst1

We have GMAC through Good Sam - $296 per year including full replacement cost coverage for the first five years.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We have a full timers package through Progressive. It's just under $600 a year and has disappearing deductibles. We are now at zero deductible. The full timers package covers everything including replacement. The 1st 5 years if totaled we get a new rig. The 2nd 5 years we get our purchase price. Good Sam and Camping World both offer full timers coverage and I believe they are both Gieco.

Dave49

We have a full timers package through Progressive. It's just under $600 a year and has disappearing deductibles. We are now at zero deductible. The full timers package covers everything including replacement. The 1st 5 years if totaled we get a new rig. The 2nd 5 years we get our purchase price. Good Sam and Camping World both offer full timers coverage and I believe they are both Gieco.

I had Progressive myself before I went to SD to reside. Once I got there and did all the paperwork I called them to give them my new address and they claimed I had to have new policy due to a new state. I said ok I understand. What I didn't understand is that it went from just under $600 like you to almost $1100. I asked why was this the case and they claimed it was due to more claims in SD than any other place. Well yea...........its only one of the very few states us fulltimers can go and be legal. My actions were then to go with another company. Blue Sky is who I have through Dougherty Ins. in Sioux Falls SD. Back to around $600 with total replacment.

Dave

wingfoot

I guess my Insurance cost is inline with others...Just seemed high to me..as a matter of fact the cost is almost 50% of my Home Owners coverage. And exceeds both my personal vehicles...Just thought it was a little pricey...

Thanks for all the responses.

Larry

mlburst1

Larry,

Attached is our policy Declaration page - just renewed for $296.

Apparently Virginia is much cheaper for insurance.

Mike

Attachments

• GMAC110210-110211.pdf
    25.8 KB · Views: 24

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I had Progressive myself before I went to SD to reside. Once I got there and did all the paperwork I called them to give them my new address and they claimed I had to have new policy due to a new state. I said ok I understand. What I didn't understand is that it went from just under $600 like you to almost $1100. I asked why was this the case and they claimed it was due to more claims in SD than any other place. Dave
We had the same problem with the truck insurance when we "moved" from WI to IL. It nearly doubled. Funny though, the trailer insurance stayed almost the same. Go figure. On the truck we switched to 21st Century but they don't offer FT ins. for trailers.