Winterized the Prowler today

lorax

Having winterized our trailer many times, sometimes twice a year, I must say that the engineers at Hearthland have figured things out. This was the easiest time. The hot water by-pass and the pump hose extension makes a simple task. We'll put it storage until January, then we'll head south and west.

GaryTawny

We also purchased a new Prowler in August. Tried to winterize yesterday and found the hot water heater by-pass fine but could not locate the water pump. Can anyone help? We have some real cold weather headed in and I would prefer not to have to pour a couple gallons of RV antifreeze in my potable water holding tank but I've got to find the water pump to avoid doing so.

jimtoo

Hi GaryTawny,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Most likely you will need to remove a panel behind the UDC in the front storage compartment to find the pump and hose. Hopefully one of our other Prowler owners will jump in soon and help out a little better.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

GaryTawny

Jim,

Thanks for the welcome and while I hate to sound foolish, we are "new" to 5th wheels and I am at a loss as to what "UDC" is. Can you help me out? I heard the water pump when I turned it on and it sounds like it is right beneath the TV cabinet, behind the shower wall. But when I removed a panel, I could not locate it. I know the answer must be an easy one but it is a huge mystery to me right now. I dumped several gallons of RV antifreeze into the potable holding tank and got things winterized that way but hope to make an easier job of it next time around. Look forward to getting to know the Heartland family down the road.

jimtoo

Hi GaryTawny,

UDC= Universal Docking Center. No question is foolish, we all were new once. Your profile shows you have a 5th wheel Prowler, so on the side (I'm assuming this) near the lower compartment storage where you hook up the water you have a small compartment, UDC. Usually the pump is behind this area. You would normally need to remove one of the panels behind the UDC in the storage area to gain access to the pump or hose to winterize the unit.

Hopefully one of our Prowler owners will jump in and help out. It would help if you posted which model you have also.

Look at the Portal Page and check on the rallies that are planned that you could make. The next thing I know of is an open house in the valley the first part of February and meet and greet also. Move to South Texas... we don't know what antifreeze or winterizing is. :)

Jim M

GaryTawny

LOL ... I can tell you are a funny guy, Jim. Thanks for the explanation about UDC. Didn't have such an animal in our previous "bumper pull trailer" but now I know what you are talking about and appreciate it. By the way, we are just a bit north of you, in Temple, just south of Waco. Funny what a couple hundred miles can mean weatherwise in Texas. And, in fact, we bought that Prowler in San Antonio, close to your stomping grounds.

Nice to know there is a good family here that can help the newbies along. We hope to soon be able to help other newbies as they join the family. Have a great week.

Gary

jbeletti

Hey Gary,

Jimtoo is a "character". We love him :) Say, after you winterize, it's time for you to join the Heartland Owners Club. Then you can meet Jimtoo at a rally and thank him in person.

Jim

GaryTawny

JimB ... I would look forward to thanking Jimtoo in person one day ... and meeting you as well.As I learn more about this 5th wheel journey, we will be getting out more often and hope to do just that. Have a great week.

Gary

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Gary,
Its not that far from Temple to Spring (north Houston area), so we'd love to see you at our rally in April. We've not had a Prowler at a rally, so you'd be #1.

GaryTawny

Thanks, Jay ... we have it down as a possible and are familiar with Spring as our oldest daughter and family have lived there for the past 12+ years. We get down often but have not taken the Prowler down yet as we just bought it in August. Is there an agenda floating around for the rally in April? I'm still finding my way around the board as I look for help finding my water pump.

Gary

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Gary, we don't usually set an agenda until nearer the time for the rally but I do know that we will be getting a tech to come out on Friday and Saturday to do minor repairs in the park. Come on down!

GaryTawny

Jay,

Thanks ... I've penciled it in and will be keeping an eye open as we get nearer to the rally date. Look forward to meeting some of the Heartland clan.

Gary