PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: WY, Cody - 6/21/2012 to 6/24/2012

codycarver
11-17-2011, 08:28 PM
1815 8th Street, Cody, WY 82414
Venue:
------------------------------

Ponderosa CG 6/21/2012 to 6/24/2012
1815 8th Street
Cody, WY 82414
Skip (307) 587-9203
http://codyponderosa.com/index.html
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee:
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee:

Details:

Number of sites held: 20
Site fee: $36.00 including tax per night.
Club Member Event fee: 0
Non-Club Member fee: 20.00
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 6/23/2012
Potluck time: 6:30pm

Event Leader: codycarver(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=7822)

Additional Info:
All sites are full hookup 50 / 30 amp back ins with lots of room. The campground has requested that all reservations be made through the Wyoming chapter leaders. A deposit of half ($54.00 includes all taxes) will hold your site, Balance is due the first week of June. Please make checks payable to David Tardiff and mail to 41 Panorama Lane Cody, WY 82414 If you would like to book extra days before or after the rally contact Skip @ (307) 587-9203 and let her know you are with the Heartland group. We will be posting a schedule of events as things unfold.

Attendees list: ................................ POT LUCK DISHES
1) Bernie & Judi (happykraut) PAID IN FULL pasta salad
2) Jerry, Jaci & Sadie (JNV) PAID IN FULL Texas Caviar
3) Tom & Mary (TomST) PAID IN FULL
4) Pat and Lou D'Amelio PAID IN FULL
5) Bill Knight (wdk450) PAID IN FULL low cal Amish Coleslaw
6) Lou and Bette (lou_and_bette) CONFIRMED
7) Jay and Stella (jayc) CONFIRMED meat and potato casserole
8) Jim and Cynthia (MC9) CONFIRMED
9) Gary & wanda Menard (Hoody) PAID IN FULL
10) John and Lori Dawson (jdawson) CONFIRMED
11) Bret and Sandie (Invizatu) PAID IN FULL
12) Art and Teresa (TessaM) PAID IN FULL
13) Floyd and Carol (Floyd Philbrook) PAID IN FULL
14) Erika & Tony (TravelTiger)
15) Al & Donna Larson (Big Al and Donna) PAID IN FULL
16) Larry and Liz Kinney (larkinstuart) CONFIRMED
18) Jim and Bette (jimtoo) PAID IN FULL King Ranch Chicken Casserole
19) Kim & Dottie Miranda (kimdot) CONFIRMED broccoli cole slaw or a heart of palm salad
20) Larry and Gayle (Larry and Gayle) CONFIRMED
21) Mike and Connie (mikeandconnie) pending
22) Kevin and Nelly Wolbeck (knjp123) PAID IN FULL Blueberry Layer cake and a crock pot of Chili
23) monica-don (Monica & Don) PAID IN FULL
24)DougAndJudy (Doug and Judy Chaney) PAID IN FULL
25)Gary-Vickie (Gary and Vickie Tidball) PAID IN FULL
26) Dave & Amy Tardiff (codycarver)

WAITING LIST
1)

happykraut
11-18-2011, 07:37 AM
My wife Judi and I will attend after the Gillette Rally. Looking forward to it.

happykraut
11-18-2011, 11:16 AM
My wife and I are planning to attend. I need some advice from the Wyoming folks. I will be attending both the Gillette and Cody Rallies. I'm trying to figure out whether to spend more time after Gillette, or spend more time in Cody before the Rally. After Cody, we'll spend some time in Yellowstone. Thanks.

codycarver
11-18-2011, 11:48 AM
That's great!! we are looking forward to it. If I were coming from the east I would plan on spending a some time in the Black Hills before Gillette, then head west to Cody and Yellowstone. Skip at the Ponderosa will be happy to set you up with reservations if you want to check in early and/or stay later. There is plenty to do in and around Cody and we will be posting ideas as things unfold.

happykraut
11-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Dave, a trip to Custer is already planned. We've been there several times before and love it there. Thanks.

jnv
11-20-2011, 12:26 PM
Jerry and I are looking forward to attending the rally :). See you in June!

ziggy
11-21-2011, 11:03 PM
We may be able to hit your rally on the way home from Gillette. I know we want to spend some time in WY, MT, and ID during our trip. It will be our first really long trip with our trailer!

Kristy

codycarver
11-21-2011, 11:44 PM
We'd love to have you. There are a ton of things to see and do in and around Cody. The Ponderosa web site has a good list of activities and I'll be making some suggestions too.

lkjcreative
12-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Sounds like fun. We might be able to join your rally. Will let you know. ....... Linda and Ross

codycarver
12-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Sounds like fun. We might be able to join your rally. Will let you know. ....... Linda and Ross

Fantastic!! We'd love to have you. Please keep us posted.

codycarver
12-04-2011, 06:46 PM
Over the winter we'll be posting "things to do while in Cody country". This is the first 10 minutes. Everything listed below is less than a 10 minute walk from the Ponderosa camp ground.

Cody Chamber of Commerce
http://www.codychamber.org/

Buffalo Bill Historical Center
William F. "Buffalo Bill" Cody founded the town of Cody and the museum is named after him. It is actually 5 museums in one. The Buffalo Bill Museum, Whitney gallery of art, The Winchester Firearms museum, Plains Indian museum, and Draper Museum of natural history. It is a must see.
http://www.bbhc.org/

Shopping at Sierra Trading Post
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/lp2/cody-outlet-store/

Gift shop at the Ponderosa Campground

FNAWS Foundation for North American Wild Sheep.
http://wyomingfnaws.org/

Plains Indian POW-WOW
This event is held in June but I don't have dates for it yet. Members of the Plains nations get together in full costume and perform in song and dance. I'll keep you posted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_LDBtW6jJs

And lets not for forget the Dairy Queen... located right next door to the Ponderosa.

TomSt
12-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Greetings and Merry Christmas!!

Please add two rigs from NJ to your list of participants. Since we now know when we have to leave Gillette we would like to arrive Sunday June 17 and depart Monday June 25, 2012.

Looking forward to meeting alot of new friends out there in WY!

Tom & Mary
Pat and Lou D'Amelio
(The Traveling Greystone Twins :) )

codycarver
12-05-2011, 10:47 PM
Greetings and Merry Christmas!!

Please add two rigs from NJ to your list of participants. Since we now know when we have to leave Gillette we would like to arrive Sunday June 17 and depart Monday June 25, 2012.

Looking forward to meeting alot of new friends out there in WY!

Tom & Mary
Pat and Lou D'Amelio
(The Traveling Greystone Twins :) )

Fantastic. Looking forward to it.

wdk450
12-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Dave:
I am putting together my plans for June, and plan to do (West) Yellowstone in late May - early June (before the school's out crowds appear), stop in Cody on my way to Gillette, after Gillette go to Mt. Rushmore Sun. - Wed., then back to your rally in Cody. From there I might go to Glacier park, and I have always wanted to see Grand Coulee Dam outside of Spokane on my way back to Sacramento.

codycarver
12-06-2011, 09:26 PM
Wow, that sounds like a great trip. Looking forward to meeting you guys. if it works out we might be able to hook up and head to Gillette together. Please keep me posted.

Lou_and_Bette
12-16-2011, 12:01 PM
Dave, Bette and I would like to join your group since we will be on on first long distance trip ever and plan to come after Gillette. Will send check soon and contact CG and make arrangements for days before rally...sounds like a wonderful area to spend Bette's birthday 6/18

Lou

codycarver
12-16-2011, 01:24 PM
Fantastic!! With Dairy Queen right next door to the camp ground I'll bet we can scare up a cake for her. See you in June.

Make sure and tell Skip you are with the Heartland group so she can reserve the right spot for you.

jayc
12-16-2011, 02:01 PM
Stella and I want to attend. The Dairy Queen is right next door? WOO HOO!!! My favorite fine dining.....!

I'll get the check out ASAP.

MC9
12-16-2011, 02:52 PM
Add me to your rally. Enjoyed talking with you on the phone today. As we discussed it wouldn't hurt my feelings if your dates were moved up a couple of days since it is only 4 hours from Gillette to Cody. Think about it (not that much to do in Greybull). Look forward to revisiting Cody.

happykraut
12-16-2011, 03:24 PM
We're in the same boat. How/where do we spend our time between the two rallies? Any ideas???

jnv
12-16-2011, 04:17 PM
We're in the same boat. How/where do we spend our time between the two rallies? Any ideas???

We just booked the extra days between the two rallies at the Ponderosa CG. We're planning on day trips to Yellowstone or whatever else might come up :).

codycarver
12-16-2011, 05:20 PM
There are at least a couple options. the Black Hills are less than 2 hours from Gillette so you could spend a couple days and then head over to our rally or come on over on the 17th. You CANNOT run out of things to do in Cody in a week. You could also spend some time in the Buffalo and/or the Big Horn Mountains. just depends on what you like to do. We will be posting lots of things to do from shopping to hiking, Trolly tours, wild horse tour, horse back riding, river rafting, fly fishing (looking into lessons and rental equipment now), Yellowstone, Buffalo Bill Historical Center, Golf, tennis, Rodeo, Dance halls, Shooting complex, archery range, Dan Miller's cowboy review, Old trail town, and that's just off the top of my head. So, if your worried about not having anything to do in Cody Don't!! Come on in early and we'll have a blast.

shovelguy
12-16-2011, 05:41 PM
We are planning on attending. We will be going to Greybull KOA a couple of days and plan on arriving at Pondorosa CG 06-20. Will mail a check after Christmas. d&j

jdawson
12-16-2011, 05:47 PM
Hi Dave

John and Lori would like to attend yoour rally and i would like a phone call from you if possible.

Contact us at 831-440-9268 Home Or 831-264-4326 Cell

Thanks

codycarver
12-16-2011, 10:28 PM
Hi Dave

John and Lori would like to attend yoour rally and i would like a phone call from you if possible.

Contact us at 831-440-9268 Home Or 831-264-4326 Cell

Thanks

Hey John, I sent you the links to the parks in Buffalo we talked about. If you need anything else let me know.

codycarver
12-16-2011, 11:18 PM

Let us know what your interests and we'll see what we can come up with. I'm sure we can find something.

happykraut
12-17-2011, 12:01 AM
Although we've camped in Cody before, we've decided to go ahead and check in on the 17th. It was 106 degrees last time we were there, so hopefully this time the temps will be a little lower.

Invizatu
12-18-2011, 01:27 PM
We'll be joining Ya'll, that is if you got room for a little trailer amongst all you big dogs (5ers)!
Checks in the mail. :cool:

happykraut
12-18-2011, 03:45 PM
Just made the reservation. We will be arriving on Jun 17 and leaving on the 24th. But, now that I look at it, maybe I should have checked out on the 25th. What are the activities for the 24th?

jdawson
12-18-2011, 04:52 PM
John and Lori will be attending your rally if you have space. We will be in on the 21 and check out on the 25. As of now we will be comming in with 3 or 4 rigs. I talked to you the other day and would like you to call me again at 831 440-9268.

Thanks

TessaM
12-18-2011, 06:07 PM
We'll be attending your rally along with John & Lori Dawson, arriving on June 21 and departing on the 25th. Please let me know what we have to do to confirm our reservation with you.

Thanks,
Teresa & Art

FLOYD PHILBROOK
12-18-2011, 08:20 PM
Carol and I will be attending your rally. We will come in on june 21 and leave the 24. Floyd

lkjcreative
12-18-2011, 08:38 PM
We would also like to join your rally. We'll be tagging along with "TessaM" (Art and Teresa), Carol and Floyd and the Dawsons, John and Lori.........arriving June 21 and departing on June 25.

Best Regards, Ross and Linda

codycarver
12-18-2011, 10:03 PM
We'll be joining Ya'll, that is if you got room for a little trailer amongst all you big dogs (5ers)!
Checks in the mail. :cool:

Of coarse!!! welcome aboard. I'm hoping for an MPG too. Anybody out there have one?

codycarver
12-18-2011, 10:05 PM
Just made the reservation. We will be arriving on Jun 17 and leaving on the 24th. But, now that I look at it, maybe I should have checked out on the 25th. What are the activities for the 24th?

The 24th will be wrap up day so we'll have something light so the folks leaving can get going. Several attendees will be staying past the 24th though.

codycarver
12-18-2011, 10:44 PM
I have started and attendees list on post #1 of this thread. Please check to make sure I have you listed. At the bottom is information for deposits and before/after days. If your reserving extra days please make sure you tell Skip so she can get you set up in the correct spot so you don't have to move.

Looks like we are going to have a great group. looking forward to seeing you all.

MC9
12-19-2011, 12:26 AM
So we don't appear to be nameless, MC9 is Jim and Cynthia. Thanks for the list Dave.

TomSt
12-19-2011, 01:18 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All!!
We just confirmed our stay with Skip for 6-17 to 6-24. What wonderful people you have out there. We can not wait to meet them in person

Tom and Mary

larkinstuart
12-19-2011, 05:17 PM
Larry and Liz Kinney will be attending the Cody Rally with Art &Teresa and John and Lori.
Please let me know what is needed to confirm our reservations.
Liz Kinney

larkinstuart
12-19-2011, 05:23 PM
Just making sure we get on the list with Art and Teresa and John and Lori. We all will be traveling together from Gillette. We also will arrive June 21st and depart June 25th.
Liz and Larry Kinney
lizkin1445@sbcglobal.net

jimtoo
12-19-2011, 05:31 PM
Hi Dave,

Please add Jimtoo,,, Jim and Bette to your list. We will be arriving on the 18th or 19th and departing on the 25th. I will confirm with you in the next couple of days... our house is in a mess... getting the almost all the floors redone and furniture is stacked in 2 rooms. Can't get to anything.

Jim M

codycarver
12-19-2011, 08:56 PM
Larry and Liz Kinney will be attending the Cody Rally with Art &Teresa and John and Lori.
Please let me know what is needed to confirm our reservations.
Liz Kinney

Great to have you on board! I have added you to our list. In the first post of this thread you will find the deposit and mailing information. Extra days need to be reserved with Ship at the Ponderosa and as always let her know you are with the Heartland group so she can get you in the right spot. Thanks, and we'll see you in June!!

codycarver
12-19-2011, 09:06 PM
Hi Dave,

Please add Jimtoo,,, Jim and Bette to your list. We will be arriving on the 18th or 19th and departing on the 25th. I will confirm with you in the next couple of days... our house is in a mess... getting the almost all the floors redone and furniture is stacked in 2 rooms. Can't get to anything.

Jim M

Your on the list. I've picked up along the way that Bette is a student of the arts? If so she will absolutely go nuts over the Whitney gallery of western art at the Buffalo Bill Historical Center. http://www.bbhc.org/explore/western-art/

Looking forward to meeting you both.

Lou_and_Bette
12-20-2011, 08:29 AM
Confirmed with Skip for 17 June arrival and depart 25 June and the deposit is on the way. Man, with the Gillette rally and this one, we will be spending most of the month of June in the great state of Wyoming...our first time there...we are very excited about that.

Lou

navyAZ1
12-21-2011, 10:32 AM
Dave, a trip to Custer is already planned. We've been there several times before and love it there. Thanks.

Hey Bernie, don't know if you've ever stayed at the Broken Arrow campground in Custer, but if you haven't give it a try. Really nice folks and prices are reasonable also, you're just 5 minutes from town. Ann and I really enjoyed our stay there.

Ron

navyAZ1
12-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Hey Dave, put the Parrish's down Ron & Ann as tenative for right now. We plan to stay out west for a couple of months after the Gillette rally and we failed to stop in Cody on our last trip to Yellowstone and have regretted it ever since. I'll know more about our firm schedule at the end of January, hope you'll still have an opening by then.

Ron

happykraut
12-21-2011, 11:23 AM
Ron, I can't remember the name of the one we stayed at(we've stayed at 3 different ones), but it sounds like the one with the horse stables. If it is, we really liked it too. The other one we thought we might try is on the main drag in town. Thanks, Bernie

codycarver
12-21-2011, 06:27 PM
Hey Dave, put the Parrish's down Ron & Ann as tenative for right now. We plan to stay out west for a couple of months after the Gillette rally and we failed to stop in Cody on our last trip to Yellowstone and have regretted it ever since. I'll know more about our firm schedule at the end of January, hope you'll still have an opening by then.

Ron

Done. Hope you can make it.

lkjcreative
12-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Hi Dave, I just called you to confirm that we'll be joining you with our Calif group......We'll be tagging along with "TessaM" (Art and Teresa), Carol and Floyd and the Dawsons, John and Lori for 4 days, June 21 - 25. Linda and Ross (Northern Calif)
Just making sure we get on the list with Art and Teresa and John and Lori. We all will be traveling together from Gillette. We also will arrive June 21st and depart June 25th.
Liz and Larry Kinney
lizkin1445@sbcglobal.net

DW_Gray
12-26-2011, 02:35 PM
Hi Dave and Amy,

I don't know if we'll attend. I do have this rally marked on my calendar for the possibility of attending. Hopefully by the end of February we'll be able to decide if that will work for us.

Loving it in Colorado. If you're down this way, come and visit us at St. Vrain State Park and our temporary ranch home. It's very nice here.

codycarver
12-26-2011, 06:45 PM
Hi Dave and Amy,

I don't know if we'll attend. I do have this rally marked on my calendar for the possibility of attending. Hopefully by the end of February we'll be able to decide if that will work for us.

Loving it in Colorado. If you're down this way, come and visit us at St. Vrain State Park and our temporary ranch home. It's very nice here.

We hope you guys can make it. The welcome mat is always out.

I saw the photos you posted of your new digs...very nice. Looks very peaceful.

dtvista
01-06-2012, 05:33 PM
Dave

Just to confirm Dave and Kathy Timpone will be at the Cody Rally June 21-24, Leaving on Monday 6/25. We will be coming in with John Dawson and the Calif Group. I contacted Skip for the additional day. Thanks for your help. Look forward to meeting you and a new group of Hearthlanders.

kimdot
01-19-2012, 07:30 PM
My wife and I will be attending your campout in Cody Wy. after the Gillette rally

codycarver
01-19-2012, 09:29 PM
Glad to have you guys on board!! WOW 22 rigs planning on coming so far. We still have a few spots left so if you've been thinking of attending after the Gillette rally let us know soon. It's gonna be great!!!

codycarver
01-25-2012, 08:56 PM
Skip is planning on giving us an orientation on Thursday the 21st about Cody country and some of the things to do. We have been giving some thought to eating out on Friday and having potluck on Saturday. The Irma Hotel has a prime rib buffet for $27.50 - http://irmahotel.com/, The Sunset House (next door to the campground) has a regular Buffet for $16.95 - http://sunsethousecody.com/ or, if you are like the DW, you can still order off the menu at these restaurants. A final option is the Cody Cattle Company - http://www.thecodycattlecompany.com/The_Show_5.cfm. The price is $26.00 for Dinner and the show. Any thoughts/feedback on this would be great.

Lou_and_Bette
01-26-2012, 09:20 AM
Dave, thanks for the info. Bette and I will be there long enough to try all 3:p but if you are planning a group activity, I vote for the Cattle Company and show but this our first excursion into "the wild west"

Lou

jayc
01-31-2012, 05:05 PM
I called today to make reservations but had to leave a message. Forgot about all the snow on the ground. Its 83 degrees in Mission TX today. We are planning to come in on the 17th and depart the 29th.

codycarver
02-01-2012, 09:41 AM
I called today to make reservations but had to leave a message. Forgot about all the snow on the ground. Its 83 degrees in Mission TX today. We are planning to come in on the 17th and depart the 29th.

Go ahead, rub it in we can take it. See you in June... when it's green and warm.

jayc
02-01-2012, 10:30 AM
We're looking forward to Cody in June, when the tables will be turned. It will be much cooler than Texas.

mikeandconnie
02-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Hi Codycarver,

We are booked for the Rally. We will be arriving June 1st.

Thanks,
Mike

olcoon
02-01-2012, 09:43 PM
We would like to attend, but...we are going to try to get a work camping job someplace out there after the rally, so if we could make it, it would be a last minute decision. I'm sure by then all the spots will be filled up.

codycarver
02-01-2012, 10:22 PM
We would like to attend, but...we are going to try to get a work camping job someplace out there after the rally, so if we could make it, it would be a last minute decision. I'm sure by then all the spots will be filled up.

Keep us posted, we're going to try and keep some spots open for last minute attendees from Gillette so we be able to get you in.

olcoon
02-02-2012, 12:07 AM
OK, we'll do that. What better way to end a Heartland Rally, than with another Heartland Rally!

codycarver
02-02-2012, 09:40 PM
OK, we'll do that. What better way to end a Heartland Rally, than with another Heartland Rally!

Our thoughts exactly

Flying Dutchman
02-03-2012, 09:57 PM
We are planning to attend the rally as a follow-on from Gillette so please add us to your list. It will be our first time in Wyoming and we are really excited with all the places to visit and things to do.
David, I have sent you a PM and dropped a check in the mail.

codycarver
02-04-2012, 09:00 PM
I've added you to our list. Looking forward to meeting you guys in June.

kwolbeck
02-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Add us to the list, been talking about it for a couple weeks now. Time to stop procastinating, would hate to see all the sites gone and us not get in. Check will be in the mail Monday or Tuesday. Will also call campground for extra days.

Kevin and Nelly Wolbeck

codycarver
02-05-2012, 11:27 PM
Your added, welcome aboard.

jayc
02-06-2012, 06:33 PM
We mailed our check to you today Dave. Can't wait for the rally.

StarryNight
02-11-2012, 01:53 AM
Hi all! My name is Monica and my husband is Don. We are new to the" Heartland Group" and are in the Colorado Chapter. We are interested in being a part of the June rally in Cody, Wyoming, I hope there are spaces available.

happykraut
02-11-2012, 07:37 AM
Welcome to the club, Monica and Don. Good decision. Bernie

jimtoo
02-11-2012, 10:38 AM
Hi all! My name is Monica and my husband is Don. We are new to the" Heartland Group" and are in the Colorado Chapter. We are interested in being a part of the June rally in Cody, Wyoming, I hope there are spaces available.

Hi Monica and Don,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a lot of great people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Please see the first post of this thread and follow the instructions that Dave (Codycarver) has posted. This will get you registered for the rally.

Looking forward to meeting you in Cody in June.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

codycarver
02-11-2012, 11:26 AM

Welcome, We'd love to have you join us. As Jim mentioned all the information for registering is in the first post of this thread. Looking forward to meeting you in June.

Nabo
02-11-2012, 04:27 PM
What a great campground. We stayed in campsite 137 a couple of years back. Hope the restuarant is still in business next door, best breakfast in town. Ya'll have fun.

codycarver
02-11-2012, 04:35 PM
You must be referring to the Sunset house http://sunsethousecody.com/ Still cranking out great food at a fair price. We eat there often, don't forget the Dairy Queen is right there too.

Nabo
02-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Oh man - forgot about the blizzards next door. Yep - a great place to have a rally. Wonder if the rodeo will be in season? What a great thing for everyone to do.

codycarver
02-11-2012, 09:22 PM
Cody Wyoming is the rodeo capital of the world. We have rodeo every night June till Sept.

http://www.codystampederodeo.com/

TravelTiger
02-14-2012, 02:25 PM
We'll be heading to the Ponderosa Campground after the Gillette Rally to explore Yellowstone, etc., but not staying for the Chapter Rally... have to get back to Texas for w*rk, but hope to meet some of the folks that come in early.

E

codycarver
02-14-2012, 03:06 PM
That will be great. I don't have a count yet but we have several folks checking in early so it looks like we will have a good pre rally rally, How fun!! Some of us will probably be convoying back to Cody after Gillette if you want to join us. See you in June.

TomSt
02-15-2012, 01:58 PM
10-4 rubber duckie

MC9
02-21-2012, 10:23 AM
Dave, will your rig be at the campground or will you be commuting?

codycarver
02-21-2012, 10:31 AM
Dave, will your rig be at the campground or will you be commuting?

We check in on the 17th and leave an the 24th. Lot's of folks are coming early and we wouldn't want to miss a minute of this!!

MC9
02-21-2012, 03:15 PM
Dave, does this campground allow campfires? If so, we'll need a couple cords of wood.

codycarver
02-21-2012, 09:34 PM
As I understand it Cody prohibits open fires but I am looking into the possibility of an outdoor fire place or a gas pit of some sort.

MC9
02-21-2012, 11:33 PM
That's OK we'll plan accordingly.

ryanman
03-06-2012, 05:07 PM
Just bought an MPG 181 and we are really thinking about coming. We will know in the next week if we can.

It's a long trip from Sheridan :D

codycarver
03-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new MPG. Please keep me posted. We would love to have you guys there.

Also, consider joining the Heartland Owners Club. Benefits include:

Oval Heartland Owners Club Plaque engraved with Club Member Number ($26 value)
Exclusive window for early registration to annual North American Heartland Owners Rally
$25 Discount to North American Heartland Owners Rally, held once annually
10% Discount on parts ordered direct from HEARTLAND
Quarterly Club Newsletter "Heartland Highlights"
No rally fee to participate in Chapter Rallies (36 held in 2011!)

At a cost of $70.00 for three years it is a BARGAIN and with the national rally being held in Gillette this spring now is a great time to join.

DougAndJudy
03-17-2012, 07:35 PM
Judy and I would like to join your rally, too! We would be there on the 21st and leave the 24th.

Thanks!

codycarver
03-17-2012, 09:27 PM
Judy and I would like to join your rally, too! We would be there on the 21st and leave the 24th.

Thanks!

fantastic!! I'll add you to our list. All the information you need for deposits and extra days are in the first post of the thread. If you need anything else just let us know. Looking forward to meeting you guys.

lkjcreative
05-05-2012, 02:09 PM
Hi Dave, We have been looking forward to Gillette and Cody so much. Unfortunately we will be canceling the trip. Less than 2 wks ago Ross went in for a routine colonoscopy and it was discovered he had Colon Cancer. There were no symptoms. He'll be having surgery 2 days from now on Monday. The stage of the cancer and lymph node involvement will be determined during the surgery. I've set up a website to follow his progress: http://www.caringbridge.org/ for Ross Johnson. He'll be hospitalized up to 5 days with 6-20 wks of recovery and not allowed to lift more than 20 lbs. Naturally this really impacts our full year of travels. After the surgery on Monday, I will deal with all the reservation for the Gillette and Cody trip, as we were going to caravan with Art & Teresa Mitch and John and Lori Dawson.. We were looking forward to this trip so much! Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ross and Linda

codycarver
05-05-2012, 09:54 PM
Hi Dave, We have been looking forward to Gillette and Cody so much. Unfortunately we will be canceling the trip. Less than 2 wks ago Ross went in for a routine colonoscopy and it was discovered he had Colon Cancer. There were no symptoms. He'll be having surgery 2 days from now on Monday. The stage of the cancer and lymph node involvement will be determined during the surgery. I've set up a website to follow his progress: http://www.caringbridge.org/ for Ross Johnson. He'll be hospitalized up to 5 days with 6-20 wks of recovery and not allowed to lift more than 20 lbs. Naturally this really impacts our full year of travels. After the surgery on Monday, I will deal with all the reservation for the Gillette and Cody trip, as we were going to caravan with Art & Teresa Mitch and John and Lori Dawson.. We were looking forward to this trip so much! Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ross and Linda

PM sent. Best Wishes!!

ziggy
05-05-2012, 10:27 PM
So sorry you won't make it to the rally. Good luck with recovery and come back strong.

Kristy

codycarver
05-19-2012, 10:09 PM
Well folks time is getting close for our little get together. Amy and I met with Skip at the campground on Friday and came up with a plan. We're thinking everybody will be checked in by 5:00 pm on the 21st. So, around that time we will be having a B.Y.O.B.D.S. (bring your own booze/drink and side dish) and we will provide the burgers and dogs. Around 6:00 Skip will give us a little presentation on Cody and local attractions.

Friday night is pot luck. We need everything so pick a dish and post it so everybody else knows whats coming.

We have reserved a room at Sunset house http://sunsethousecody.com/ for a buffet on Sat. night. The cost is $17.95 each including tax, tip and soft drink. There are a lot of great places to eat in Cody. We chose Sunset house because the food is good and it is walking distance to the Ponderosa so, we won't have to worry about traveling. Please let us know if you will be attending so we can give them an idea how may people to expect.

One other thing for now. During World War II American's of Japanese decent were rounded up and interned in camps. One of these camps is just 20 or so miles from Cody. After much fund raising it was opened last year as an interpretive center. http://heartmountain.org/. I can arrange for a bus if there is enough interest.

MC9
05-20-2012, 05:58 AM
Got your PM on chapter grouping. A lot of people like to do that. We have always preferred to take pot luck, met a lot of nice folks. Besides, how far away could you be?

TravelTiger
05-20-2012, 08:44 AM
Dave, we've decided to stay 2 more days for the Cody Rally, after all!

I'll make the call to the campground and see if they can fit us in. I need to send funds to you, right?

Erika

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayc
05-20-2012, 09:06 AM
Hey, Dave, sounds like we're gonna have a great time in Cody! One question is that $17.95 per person or per couple for the Sunset House. I checked the website and no prices were listed for the buffet.

codycarver
05-20-2012, 09:30 AM
Hey, Dave, sounds like we're gonna have a great time in Cody! One question is that $17.95 per person or per couple for the Sunset House. I checked the website and no prices were listed for the buffet.

$17.95 each. I have edited the post. Thanks.

MC9
05-20-2012, 01:21 PM
Cody, If you think we would like it sign us up, you're the boss. er ah wagonmaster.

MC9
05-21-2012, 04:00 PM
Oh by the way, got my elk in Raton, NM this Jan. 2012.

jimtoo
05-21-2012, 06:45 PM
Just as a FYI,,,, I just talked to Skip at Ponderosa RV park, the rally site. They are getting close to cutting off reservations for AFTER the rally,,, sounds like they are just about booked up. So if you want to stay after the rally,,, you might want to call to make sure sites will be available.

Jim M

wdk450
05-21-2012, 07:17 PM
Dave: Regarding

Friday night is pot luck. We need everything so pick a dish and post it so everybody else knows whats coming.

Where do we post this?

codycarver
05-21-2012, 07:19 PM
Dave: Regarding

Where do we post this?

Right Here, as they are posted I will start a list on the first post next to the attendees list. Thanks!!!

codycarver
05-21-2012, 07:25 PM
Just as a FYI,,,, I just talked to Skip at Ponderosa RV park, the rally site. They are getting close to cutting off reservations for AFTER the rally,,, sounds like they are just about booked up. So if you want to stay after the rally,,, you might want to call to make sure sites will be available.

Jim M

Thanks Jim. Also, if you need reservations for days before the rally better make them soon too. The Ponderosa is by far the busiest park in Cody.

jimtoo
05-21-2012, 09:48 PM
For the Potluck... we will provide a dish of "King Ranch Chicken Casserole"

Jim M

wdk450
05-21-2012, 11:25 PM
I'll make my low cal Amish Coleslaw

TXTiger
05-22-2012, 08:27 AM
I just bought a Cyclone last week and signed up for the rally in Gillette. I would also like to addend the rally in Cody. Are there still sites available and how do I make a reservation? I tried to call Skip but she is never in.

jnv
05-22-2012, 08:28 AM
I'll be bringing "Texas Caviar", it's a bean dish.

Dave, I forgot to mention to put us down for the Sunset House on Saturday. Thanks :).

wdk450
05-22-2012, 08:56 AM
I just bought a Cyclone last week and signed up for the rally in Gillette. I would also like to addend the rally in Cody. Are there still sites available and how do I make a reservation? I tried to call Skip but she is never in.

TwoToes:
Look at the first post on this thread closely, and click on the CodyCarver contact link to send a PM to him. There should also be an address to send a check to.

codycarver
05-22-2012, 09:15 AM
TwoToes:
Look at the first post on this thread closely, and click on the CodyCarver contact link to send a PM to him. There should also be an address to send a check to.

Thanks Bill. I sent TowToes a PM requesting some info so I can add him to our list.

TomSt
05-22-2012, 01:27 PM
Hi Cody
we will take two to the sunset house buffet on Saturday.

tom & Mary

kwolbeck
05-23-2012, 12:06 PM
Dave,

For the Friday potluck add a Blueberry Layer cake and a crock pot of Chili as our contribution.

You can also add both of us to the Sunset house list for Saturday night.

Kevin

jayc
05-23-2012, 09:10 PM
Dave, we'll bring a meat and potato casserole to the potluck but we'll pass on the Sunset house.

kimdot
05-23-2012, 10:25 PM
Dave,

We would like to go to the Sunset House on Saturday night and we are interest in the tour of the intern camps. I will be bringing either a broccoli cole slaw or a heart of palm salad.

StarryNight
05-30-2012, 11:57 PM
Put Don and me down for the Sunset House. I don't know what we will be bringing to the Friday potluck at this time.

TravelTiger
05-31-2012, 10:53 AM
We'll do the Sunset House, but still undecided on what to bring to the potluck. ;)

TXTiger
05-31-2012, 11:46 AM
Put me down for the Sunset House also. Not sure what I will be bring to the pot luck. I am a single guy and don't cook so I will have to pick up something there to bring. I am also interested in the tour of the WWII interment camp if that is still planned. I have not sent in my payment for the rally yet because I just made the reservation after purchasing my Cyclone last week. Hope it is ok to pay you when I get there. If not let me know and I will mail a check.

codycarver
06-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Put me down for the Sunset House also. Not sure what I will be bring to the pot luck. I am a single guy and don't cook so I will have to pick up something there to bring. I am also interested in the tour of the WWII interment camp if that is still planned. I have not sent in my payment for the rally yet because I just made the reservation after purchasing my Cyclone last week. Hope it is ok to pay you when I get there. If not let me know and I will mail a check.

You can settle up when you get here. If you need any extra days you need to give ship a call at the Ponderosa (307) 587-9203 let her know you are with the Heartland group.

Tidball
06-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Gary-Vickie Tidball will bring a broccoli and apple salad for the pot luck dinner.

jbeletti
06-15-2012, 01:42 PM
Dave Tardiff has had some requests for routing from Gillette to Cody for those going to his rally.

Though I mis-named the file, attached is a PDF file of that map and the directions of a route he's taken before.

TravelTiger
06-15-2012, 11:16 PM
What is the plan for a caravan to Cody? We will be needing to change a tire (discovered a crack in wheel) before we leave, so not sure if we'll be ready to go as quickly as others.

jayc
06-15-2012, 11:38 PM
I'd like to stay for the church service at 10, probably be over around 11. I plan to be hooked up and ready to slide the rooms in and unplug (gotta keep those doggies cool and comfy) and be ready to leave shortly after church. If anyone else is interested, we can caravan over to Cody.

ljawest
06-16-2012, 12:17 AM
we're brand new members attending our first rally in Cody...we'll arrive Monday, June 18 and stay seven nights departing June 25.
looking forward to making new friends!

DougAndJudy
06-16-2012, 08:09 AM
What is the plan for a caravan to Cody? We will be needing to change a tire (discovered a crack in wheel) before we leave, so not sure if we'll be ready to go as quickly as others.

We'll be glad to caravan with you.

codycarver
06-16-2012, 08:11 AM
we're brand new members attending our first rally in Cody...we'll arrive Monday, June 18 and stay seven nights departing June 25.
looking forward to making new friends!

Welcome to the club!! We're happy to be the hosts for your first rally experience. We have a great group coming. Make sure when you check in you let them know you are with the Heartland group so they put where are rally group will be.

hogan
06-16-2012, 08:59 AM
Welcome to our newest Mississippi Chapter members: Lewis and Jo Anne West. Look forward to meeting you at the Wyoming Chapter Rally in Cody. Lou and Bette Dick from Gautier will also be attending the rally in Cody. See you soon.
Hogan Cooper

codycarver
06-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Here is our agenda for the Cody rally.

THURSDAY -- check in day
- around 6 PM -- short "Cody Country" presentation by campground personnel.
- hot dog, hamburgers and socializing to follow

FRIDAY AM - Nelly Muffins!!!!

FRIDAY - 6 PM
- Potluck Dinner

SATURDAY AM -- Dave's Waffles

SATURDAY EVENING
- 5 PM - Happy Hour at the campground
- 6 PM - Buffet dinner at Sunset House

SUNDAY AM - Coffe, donuts and checkout

Daytime is your own. We have plenty of suggestions if you need them.

codycarver
06-16-2012, 03:27 PM
There has been quite a bit of conversation about the trip from Gillette to Cody. Anyone interested in traveling in a group please post here, look me up in site D-20 or find me at supper tonight and we will work it out.

TXTiger
06-16-2012, 05:51 PM
I would love to roll with a group to Cody. I am in space D-104.

TravelTiger
06-16-2012, 11:07 PM
Looks like JayC and Doug&Judy and TravelTiger will caravan. Hope pull out 11ish.

jayc
06-17-2012, 12:04 AM
I plan to have everything packed up and ready to go by the time church starts. When church is over I'll come home and disconnect the electricity, slide the rooms in and should be ready to go by 11:30 or so. Having said all that, I'm sure that nothing will work right and everyone will leave me crying over something that broke....

jimtoo
06-17-2012, 10:51 PM
Just so you wont be left out in the cold with no place to park,,, If your not in Cody at the campground, you might call and recheck your reservations. Mine were made a month or more back,, called Saturday to be sure and was told by a man,, "Yes, Your due to come in Sunday"... So I get here Sunday,,, they are packed and I do not have a site...now I am told my days start on the 19th,,,not 17th. ??? They do not have a good system. So you might check.

boatto5er
06-18-2012, 07:31 AM
Bummer! Did you camp out in front of the office?

jimtoo
06-18-2012, 10:27 AM
Bummer! Did you camp out in front of the office?

No,,, only 15amp service and no water. :)

We went to the Absaroka Bay RV Park (http://cody-wy.com/indexF.htm). Nice, very clean, but a lot of the sites are short, very narrow. Everything else is good.

Oh well... it will all work out.

codycarver
06-18-2012, 09:32 PM
17 rigs checked in so far. We have two couples that are first time rally attendees, on the rights is Don and Monica and on the left are the West's 19904 We had a great get together tonight 19905 It was Bette's Birthday and Lou and Bette's 29th anniversary today 19906 so a bunch of us went out to the Silver Dollar. The lawyer "forgot" his wallet so we had to cover him. Reminds me of the old joke "It was so cold today Tony had his hands in his own pockets" Congratulations to both of you. More to follow........19907

jbeletti
06-18-2012, 11:13 PM
Great pics and great update. Have fun everyone! Congrats Lou and Bette.

jimtoo
06-21-2012, 12:26 AM
Dave,, Where is all this supposed to happen? Is there a meeting room someplace that we get to use? Do we need to bring anything extra for the hamburgers and hotdogs?
Here is our agenda for the Cody rally.THURSDAY -- check in day - around 6 PM -- short "Cody Country" presentation by campground personnel. - hot dog, hamburgers and socializing to followFRIDAY AM - Nelly Muffins!!!!FRIDAY - 6 PM - Potluck DinnerSATURDAY AM -- Dave's WafflesSATURDAY EVENING - 5 PM - Happy Hour at the campground - 6 PM - Buffet dinner at Sunset HouseSUNDAY AM - Coffe, donuts and checkoutDaytime is your own. We have plenty of suggestions if you need them.

codycarver
06-21-2012, 08:59 AM
Pre-rally activities continued with folks doing all sorts of things.

Al Larson really enjoyed the "dug up gun' museum and both Al and Donna had a great meal at Cassie's

Jim and Dottie found a beautiful spot on the river not far from our campground, get with them for directions. I was visiting with them yesterday morning... here is the view from there back window 19944notice the Tee Pee's in the lower right corner?

Tom, Mary, Pat and Lou set up a wild horse tour last night. I didn't get a final count on how many went but I'm looking forward to an update today. They also took the initiative and set up a white board for people to post what they are doing, group activities and comments. You can find it hanging on a pole in front of the two Greystone's. Great idea guys!!!!

Tony, Lou and Bettie have been touring on the bikes and caught the cowboy review and chuck wagon meal.

Bernie has been placing Munzze's????? all over Cody country and Sally has been tracking them down.

Also getting lots of positive feedback on the BBHC, the Cody Dam tour, gun fight and lots of other goings on.

Rally starts today!!!!!

codycarver
06-21-2012, 09:14 AM
Dave,, Where is all this supposed to happen? Is there a meeting room someplace that we get to use? Do we need to bring anything extra for the hamburgers and hotdogs?

Just checked the forecast and it looks like we are going to have fantastic weather so we will plan on having our meals behind Jay, Bernie, and My rigs (sites 94,95,96). When we parked we saved a nice patch of grass that should work perfectly.

We will be suppling the burgers, dogs, buns and fix-ins and we will have some bottled water and soft drinks. Anything else you want to bring is fine but that's up to you. I've been informed the Wi-Fi is terrible so I've been letting people know via village crier... feel free to spread the word.

We have seven rigs coming today and that will complete our group.

LET THE RALLY BEGIN!!!!!!

kakampers
06-21-2012, 10:31 AM
Hey Dave...sounds like you guys are gonna have a great time!! We're still sitting here in Gillette watching the Newmars roll in....wish we were there instead...oh, well, have to work!!

DougAndJudy
06-21-2012, 06:11 PM
Judy is preparing pulled pork for sandwiches for the potluck tomorrow.

TandT
06-22-2012, 12:04 AM
Dave and Amy, thanks for taking us in at the last minute for the rally.Had a good time tonight. Please put us down for Sunset House on Saturday. Thanks, Trace

jimtoo
06-22-2012, 01:34 AM
What a nice evening. Great food and lots of it. Great people, great friends and lots of them also. We all had fun and did lots of visiting. Dave and Amy are doing a good job with their first rally. Kevin and Nellie and Jay and Stella are pitching in to help also,, and I'm sure some of the others are helping out.

Part of the crowd,, Tucker teaching Kevin how to sit & beg, and our Rally host, Dave and Amy.

Jim M

jayc
06-22-2012, 07:38 AM
We are having a great time here. Congrats to Dave and Amy for a great rally.

cookie
06-22-2012, 09:08 AM
Part of the crowd,, Tucker teaching Kevin how to sit & beg.....

Jim M
LOL.....Tucker sure has his work cut out for him.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jbeletti
06-22-2012, 09:30 AM
Tony and I chatted today and agreed that Kevin is not trainable in this area :) Love ya Kevin :)

hogan
06-22-2012, 09:39 AM
Thanks to Trace and Terry TandT, we arrived Cody after 8 hours on a four hour trip. They helped us get the Big Horn over the Big Horn (also thanks to the Ranger that gave me a length of heavy wire) after a turbo hose clamp broke on the truck and grounded us. We are happy to be at the Wyoming Chapter Rally and congrats are due to David and Amy for a great rally. Lots of folks and great food at the Meet and Greet last night. Seeing many of the folks we have met travelling to Gillette. Heartlanders are the best.

jbeletti
06-22-2012, 11:20 AM
Thanks to Trace and Terry TandT, we arrived Cody after 8 hours on a four hour trip. They helped us get the Big Horn over the Big Horn (also thanks to the Ranger that gave me a length of heavy wire) after a turbo hose clamp broke on the truck and grounded us. We are happy to be at the Wyoming Chapter Rally and congrats are due to David and Amy for a great rally. Lots of folks and great food at the Meet and Greet last night. Seeing many of the folks we have met travelling to Gillette. Heartlanders are the best.

Glad you made it Hogan and Donna. That's the second turbo hose blown off a Ford on the way to a rally in WY this month. Both were older Fords. Hope my '12 6.7L never blows it's turbo hose.

kwolbeck
06-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Just so everyone knows, I thought I was doing pretty good at trying to catch those treats Dave was tossing. The problem is that Tucker has had a lot more practice and he is very fast. Guess I'll just let him be the "dog" and I'll enjoy my beer.

Thanks to Dave and Amy for a great time so far.

Kevin

TandT
06-22-2012, 01:43 PM
Glad you made it Hogan and Donna. That's the second turbo hose blown off a Ford on the way to a rally in WY this month. Both were older Fords. Home my '12 6.7L never blows it's turbo hose.

Jim, I recommend carrying a 3" hose clamp,just in.case. Now that Hogan and I know just enough about it to be dangerous Trace

happykraut
06-22-2012, 02:38 PM
Dave & Amy, please add Judi and I to the Sunset house dinner. Thanks, Bernie

codycarver
06-22-2012, 02:48 PM
We had a wonderful burger and dog meet and greet last night. 19978 everybody got there fill and had a great time visiting.19979 Thanks to everyone for all the side dishes and deserts 19980 it was all too good and as usual I ate way to much. We had Nelly muffin's this morning then everybody set out doing there own thing. Looking forward to tonight's pot luck when I'll eat way to much again.

hogan
06-22-2012, 04:13 PM
Both were older Fords. Home my '12 6.7L never blows it's turbo hose.[/QUOTE] So we were trying to figure out what you were trying to say, and Donna says, Tell Jim we can buy a lot of $5 clamps to make up the difference between our Old Ford and the Super 12's. But then we figured it out. In any event, we will be carrying two spare hose clamps in our truck FNO.

jbeletti
06-22-2012, 11:42 PM
Not sure how I hit "m" instead of "p" but it sure made a difference :) Should have read "hope" :)

kwolbeck
06-22-2012, 11:55 PM
You sure do know how to make us scratch our heads though. Just from a typo, way to keep us on our toes.

Lou_and_Bette
06-23-2012, 11:34 PM
What a great rally Cody was. Thank you Dave and Amy for hosting. see ya on the road!

TravelTiger
06-23-2012, 11:47 PM
What great hospitality up here in Cody. We gad a great time, and will definitely return when we can! Thanks again, Dave and Amy!!

TandT
06-24-2012, 12:29 AM
Dave, Amy and Tucker,

Thanks for a great get-together. We are looking forward to next year, hopefully somewhere around Goshen time....

Please consider renting out Tucker for obedience and attitude training with our rug rats. Trace and Teri.

hogan
06-24-2012, 07:15 AM
Dave and Amy, Thanks for a great rally. We have really enjoyed being part of your first rally and visiting with the many great Heartlanders who gathered here. Cody is a great location. See you in Goshen.

MrTravelTiger
06-24-2012, 07:20 AM
Dave and Amy thank you for taking care of us at the rally. We had a great time in and around Cody. We look forward to running across your path again, soon.

wdk450
06-24-2012, 07:58 AM
Dave:
How did the horse/people rehab charity do with the boot money donations?

codycarver
06-24-2012, 02:48 PM
One of our favorite organizations is Reaching Hands Ranch. The founders are Jenny Cramer and Tracie Crawford. They rescue abused, neglected, and needy horses. They also mentor to at-risk kids. With a brief explanation I put out a donation boot.20037 We raised $446.00. Thanks so much to everybody. If you would like to learn more you can follow the link below.

http://www.reachinghandsranch.org/index.html

jbeletti
06-24-2012, 03:12 PM
Great job Dave, Amy and all Heartlanders. We are blessed to have the ability to do, what we do. It's great to then bless others in our travels the way we do, all over North America.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?nn5mwu

olcoon
06-24-2012, 03:39 PM
We had such a good time here in Cody, decided to stay a couple more days. Thanks Dave & Amy for hosting such a great rally! I think Tucker gave up on training Kevin as a lost cause.

codycarver
06-26-2012, 10:45 AM
Below is a thank you note I received from Jenny.

http://www.reachinghandsranch.org/picture_library/dustythank%20you.jpg

A Sincere “thank you” from Reaching Hands Ranch!

We are deeply touched by the generosity of your wonderful club at the Cody, WY rally! Your kind support is greatly appreciated as we are feeling the financial crunch from feed and veterinary costs this time of year.

Your blessings in Dave’s boot gave us the “leg up” we desperately need!

Thank you and may all of you be blessed and safe in all of your travels!

Sincerely,

Jenny Cramer

TXBobcat
06-26-2012, 11:12 AM
Wow.. That is a great Thank You.. Wish we could have been there. We are in Champaign Ill and will be going to Farm Richmond IN to stay at Grampa's RV Park for the weekend.

Be well and all travel Safe.

BTW.. ljawest (Lewis & JoAnne) Told you it would be a great rally. Hope to see many of you on the road.

Big Al and Donna
06-26-2012, 02:21 PM
Thank you Dave and Amy for the great rally in Cody WY. The two of you made it special and your city is a great place. The rally had great food, great friends and wonderful hosts.
Thanks again.

cookie
06-26-2012, 02:43 PM
Big Al, I moved your post out of ATF, and put it here in the rally thread.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti
06-26-2012, 04:10 PM
What an awesome thank you card :)

Great job Dave, Amy and all Heartlanders at the Cody rally!

Jim

olcoon
06-26-2012, 04:53 PM
That was a great thank you card! I thought the rally was starting again...this afternoon 2 Big Horns from CA pulled in. They were at Gillette, and had gone to Little Big Horn. Sounds like they had a great time there! We are leaving in the am, hopefully heading SE of Rawlings, WY to volunteer in a Forest Service campground there. Just waiting for confirmation.

jayc
06-26-2012, 04:58 PM
Wow, what a great Thank You card! Thank you Dave and Amy for all that you did and the hospitality that you showed us.

TomSt
06-26-2012, 06:28 PM
Thanks to Dave and Amy for a great rally. We only hope that we can do as well as they did in their first rally. there are still a few of us left today but three leave for Yellowstone Wednesday morning.

codycarver
06-26-2012, 09:01 PM
Thanks everybody for a great rally. The pot luck was fantastic 20067 just don't get in Amy's or Kevin's way 2006820069 and wait your turn 20070We had about 50 people attend the buffet. Looking forward to seeing you all again down the road 20071 soon!!

ziggy
06-27-2012, 12:22 AM
It looks like you all had a great time and just moved the party from Gillette to Cody. I know we will be back to that part of the country sometime and Cody will have to be on our list of places to go.

Kristy

happykraut
06-27-2012, 08:08 AM
Made it home safely yesterday. Got to the accident scene on I80 where a lady got killed on her motorcycle. The rally was a great success and I'd like to thank Dave and Amy for doing a super job. Lots of good food. Thanks Nelly for the muffins. Yum yum. The Fire Ball whiskey, wow. You got me hooked on it and I don't even like whiskey. Cody is a fun place. I won't even get into all the things we did and saw. And of course as always, we met some great people.

jayc
06-27-2012, 08:21 PM
We made it to Douglas WY by way of Billings Montana. Drove all day long but made it! Will be dealing with the smoke tomorrow in Colorado!

codycarver
06-27-2012, 09:27 PM
We made it to Douglas WY by way of Billings Montana. Drove all day long but made it! Will be dealing with the smoke tomorrow in Colorado!

Ok..... I'll bite.... Why would you go to Douglas Via Billings????

jayc
06-27-2012, 10:24 PM
Because my sweet wife told me to! She didn't want to go back over the mountains. And I ALWAYS do what she tells me to!

ljawest
07-01-2012, 09:59 PM
Thank you, Dave and Amy, for making our very first rally such an enjoyable one! We are seriously considering going to Goshen next year...changing our entire summer plans to make that trip! One of our goals is to visit every state and that area has yet to be visited by us. We really enjoyed meeting everyone and look forward to the next rally at our own home district of MS in October.