Bedroom day/night shades

JudyT

I have a 2011 BC 3355RL. The shades in the bedroom are single layer which let's in lots of light. I suggest installing day/night shades so the room can be darker.

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
We had the same problem in or 2006 BH, and my DW made 3 bedroom curtains using heavy bath towels. They look great, keep the bedroom darker, and even warmer in cool weather.

JudyT

I solved my problem by purchasing blackout curtain material over the shades. It works but it is not ideal.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We took some of the aluminum bubble insulation and put it between the window and the Day/Night shade. I fitted the bubble insulation tightly to the edges of the window. Didn't use tape or anything else, just cut it close and pressed it into the edge of the windows. Keeps out almost all of the light. Also put some up in the skylight in the shower. You can remove the inside part, put insulation over the dome and put it back up on the celing. I have an insulation square pushed up into the toilet room vent to keep light out from there.

BC

jjwink

when we went to Alaska this past summer I bought room darkening drapery fabric at JoAnnes; made a rod pocket in the top and put them under the existing window treatment. No problem at all with too much light - it is very dark. I didn't finish the sides-pinked them so there was very little work in this project.

PUG

Pug
we bought 2 x 3 sheets of heavy black paper material from a hobby store and cut it to height and just sit them up in the window behind shade cover and it pretty much makes it flat out dark.