Hello!

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Haven't heard too much from WA members lately so I thought I would "stir the pot."

If you aren't full-timing, it is time to winterize the RV. I grew up with a dad who believed it mandatory to “antifreeze” before Thanksgiving. I continue his tradition! Up here in Lynden we have snow and 21 degrees in the weekend forecast. I just came in from finishing the antifreeze routine and I think all is well. We traditionally get very high northeast winds making the wind-chill often below the zero mark. Hopefully we will have a mild winter.

I see the North Cascades highway is closed for the moment and could remain so if things don’t warm up a bit! DOT has a great website that lets you sign up for email updates in most state regions. I subscribe to the North Cascades and Whatcom County. I have found it very helpful.

AnaLyn and I are already thinking about next years WA Rally and Jim B is encouraging everyone to set a date ASAP. We are looking for some feedback for next years rally…not only dates but location. Do we try somewhere on “the east side” for a change of pace or do we stay in Anacortes? If you have any thoughts, please share them!

Another thing to think about…Skagit County has a Bald Eagle Festival (at least they have in the past) in January. Camping at Rockport has eagles flying right into the campgrounds looking for fish in the river. The KOA at Concrete is also a popular spot. If snowfall is not to bad, we might consider a “winter campout” for the Eagle Fest!

Anyway…Best Wishes to all and we hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving Holiday!

Steve & AnaLyn

Manzan

Steve. count us in! Both for the Eagle Fest and another in the spring just to get us started. Don't care if it is in Western Washington or Eastern, willing to go anytime. Will even bring some more smoked salmon if you promise to fight off the eagles.
Bruce & Carol

SJH

Nice to hear from you two again. Are you mobile somewhere or back home for now? Speaking of eagles...HERE are some great photos of eagles taken on Jean Keene's (the eagle lady of Homer, Alaska) property. I think if one of these big guys was after the smoked salmon I would have to let him have it! I don't run so fast any more!

Best Wishes!

Manzan

We are home, waiting to get trailer back from the dealer. They replaced the rear axle, sent pictures to Lippert and they are sending a new front axle. Will be glad to get it back. I get a call about once a week on the status of the repairs. All warranty work. At least the bearings are greased and brakes inspected on their dime. Have pulled the trailer 5,000 miles so far this year. Those are incredible pictures. I don't have a lens that long but want to get some good eagle pictures. I do have one I took here of one that flew between our house and the neighbors.

Crumgater

Count us in, too! Maybe not the winterfest, but definately spring or summertime.

We have a few dates booked already (6/16, 7/14, 7/28-8/13), but hopefully can sneak in another weekend in the RV.

Annacortes was great -we'd go back there anytime. But, we're also game to try new places. We love going to the Ocean, maybe the Elwha Dam park in Sequim, or parts East to see some warmth and sunshine (depending on how our summer goes next year).

We'll be winterizing our ElkRidge after the Apple Cup football game this coming weekend. :( The cold weather last week had us a little nervous, but we stayed in the upper 20's for lows in Redmond - and the tight parking conditions in storage should have kept us insulated a bit, too.

JDR

We are open to either side. The winter one would be fun, but we will be south by then, hopfully finding warmer weather. We have a lot of great places in Washington we can go, for us the location is not important just being able to get together. We will be gone most of July, planning to go to the Calgary Stampeed, but most other times in the summer are open. Look forward to getting together again.

Dale & Margi

jdawson

Past Pacific Region Director
Steve and Analun
The Pacific Regional Rally is on 8/9/12 in Oregon this year at Seven Feathers Resort. I know that if you schedule something around that time you might pull people that normally would not drive that distance from California for a rally. I know that Lori and I would love to see more of Washington. Give some thought about attending the Regional and then your rally before or after the Regional.

c

SJH

We will do that John! Seven Feathers is AnaLyn's favorite campground! We plan on being there!

Jaru93

We should be getting our cyclone 3010 around the 1st of January. When and where will the Washington rally be?

Jim & Ruth
Gig Harbor

SJH

We should be getting our cyclone 3010 around the 1st of January. When and where will the Washington rally be? Jim & Ruth Gig Harbor

Welcome to the Heartland family and congratuations on the new rig! I just sent you a PM with some information and a link to a quick survey. We are in the initial planning stage for the 2012 Rally and seeking input from members regarding dates and location etc. HERE is a glimps at last years rally in Anacortes, WA.

Keep in touch and we hope to see you soon!

Best Wishes!