2nd A/C wired?

khd995

I have a 07' 3400 bighorn RL It came with a fantastic fan in the bedroom.

How do I determine if my unit is prewired for 2nd A/C.

If it is prewired do I need to do anything besides buy the A/C unit and install (for example is the additional framing or anything I need for this.

If it isn't prewired is it a big deal to install this.

Below in a post from osims, he mentions needing a duct adapter and bolt kit. (I am going to use the penguin low profile like he mentioned. Why would I need a duct adapter and bolt kit. Should I add it to the ducting or not.

What about thermostat. Do you just use the controls on the 2nd unit or do you need to add a wall stat or could you connect it to the current wall stat and run both together.

Looking for an answer from the factory guys on this one.

Last edited:

nhunter

I am not from the factory but I believe all Bighorns are prewired for 2nd a/c. You lose your fantastic fan and install 2nd a/c in its place (framing should be there already). Look in your breaker box and see if there is a breaker labelled front a/c. It should be a 20amp breaker. Hope this helps

osims

bsims
If you buy the lo profile Dou Therm (penguin) like i instlled in my 3055 you will need the optional duct adapter part number 318556.000 andbolt kit part number 3100895.006. The roof on the Bighorns must be thicker than most units these a/c units are installed in. Hope this helps, i found out the hard way.