Samsung Surround Sound

Dave49

I have the Samsung/DVD Surround Sound a Sound system that came in the 2011 3670 Bighorn. For some reason no matter what mode I put it in it does not give true surround a sound in my opinion. It does give me front and rear speakers but there is no real action in the sound. No seperation, no sound in the back ground as they have action in the front speakers. Don't know if I am explaining this correctly but it just don't seem to be working properly. Anyone else having this problem? If so what did you do to correct the problem?

I have a bose home system that is there best system. The reason I have not put it in till now is that the subwoofer is incredibly heavy and didn't want to add weight if I didn't need to. Also Bose has pre-wired speaker wires and they all plug into the subwoofer and lengths can't be changed. Also a problem with where do you hide all them wires?

Dave

jbeletti

Re: Samsung Surround a Sound

Dave,

In your testing where you did not detect true surround sound, were you using program material that had a surround track? Like a movie that you know to have a surround track...

Jim

Dave49

Jim

I have used several different ones but my favorite has always been Top Gun.........works sweet on the Bose

Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Which Samsung unit did they put in your rig, the HT-20?

ChopperBill

Mine isn't the greatest either. Did you hook up that puck that comes with it to set the speakers? Didn't quite figure out what that was all about but you could hear the speakers going in sequence. I'm just happy I got a Samsung instead of that built in unit they come with now.

Dave49

I have the HT-Z320 also not the greatest, but still should work. No puck? here that I know of. It may have been with the unit but they never put it in my packet. Still working on it, trying to understand it all. Been playing with it over a year now off and on, bout to say figure out the way with the Bose.

Dave

nscaler2

I have the Samsung/DVD Surround Sound a Sound system that came in the 2011 3670 Bighorn. For some reason no matter what mode I put it in it does not give true surround a sound in my opinion. It does give me front and rear speakers but there is no real action in the sound. No seperation, no sound in the back ground as they have action in the front speakers. Don't know if I am explaining this correctly but it just don't seem to be working properly. Anyone else having this problem? If so what did you do to correct the problem?

I have a bose home system that is there best system. The reason I have not put it in till now is that the subwoofer is incredibly heavy and didn't want to add weight if I didn't need to. Also Bose has pre-wired speaker wires and they all plug into the subwoofer and lengths can't be changed. Also a problem with where do you hide all them wires?

Dave

Just in case you didn't get a copy of the operators manual, here is a link to Samsung's site for your particular unit.
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/home-theater-systems/HT-Z320

Theresau

I remember running into the same thing - however, there are different settings regarding the type of sounds as I recall and once I set this, then it worked well. Check into these - I can't test and give you exact details because our trailer is closed up for the winter.

Theresa