Another Winterizing the MPG question......

marc515

I winterized our MPG 181 yesterday. I by-passed the HWH, then connected an air compressor to the city water inlet and blew the lines out one by one. Then I connected a Camco hand pump to the city water inlet and pumped RV Antifreeze through all the faucets, toliet, and dumped some down the drains.

The on board fresh water pump has never been used, and when I looked through the panel, there was no water in the glass bowl, so I didn't think I needed to pump RV Antifreeze through it.

However, I was talking to a friend that also owns a 181, and we were thinking there must ba a check valve somewhere in that pump line, and are concerned there must be water in that line up to the pump outlet or checkvalve that could freeze?

Does anyone know where the pump outlet ties into the water lines, and could there ba a line that could freeze and burst?

Do all you guys pump antifreeze through the system using the on board pump?

We're also thinking that even if you use the on board pump, you'll still need to connect a hand pump to the city water inlet and pump antifreeze through that line to insure it doesn't freeze.

All insight appreciated; thank you

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I don't have an MPG, but if you blew the lines with air, the line for the city water inlet is probably as clear as it needs to be. I don't put antifreeze into my rig via that route, but use the water pump to do it after clearing the lines with air. Haven't had a problem and Michigan winters are probably as cold or colder than New Jersey ones.