Turning NOAA Weather Alerts Off Touch Audio

Splash

I figured this out the hard way. With the radio on in the NOAA mode push the mute button on the remote. You'll notice the little NOAA alert symbol go away. The NOAA alerts haven't come on since I did this. Naturally as soon as I figure this out, the DVD/CD player quits working :mad:.

Splash

When you put a disc in says "Disc ERR". Everything else works fine except for DVD or CD. I may have my 18 month old boy look at it, he's the one who figured out how to turn the NOAA alerts off :D.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Since you have a 2011, I'll assume you may have the Jensen all in one unit. If you do, check the following;

You say it quit. Does that mean it did work and then stopped, or has it ever worked?

If you haven't ever used the disc player, there is a shipping screw in the back of the unit that must be removed before a disc will play.
When I got my replacement unit put in, it wasn't removed and I was getting the same error mssg. If that is the case and you feel competent, take the unit out and look in the back. Trace

Last edited:

RJW993

It actually doesn't matter if you use the correct instructions. They are posted on the Lippert website, but it makes no difference. I talked to their customer service and they said the same thing as the instructions that came with the radio, and that are also posted on the website. Nothing works. They replaced the radio under warranty and the new one still does it. It makes no difference. It is a very poor quality stereo, which is probably why Heartland switched to a different brand part way through the 2011 model year. I read where other people put in switches to turn off power to the radio. The only drawback is that you lose station presets. Since I never use it for the radio, I did the same and it doesn't turn on NOAA any more, except when I want it to. Since I don't live in an area where we rarely have severe weather outbreaks this is not an issue.

ynot

Has anyone been able to successfully turn off the NOAA notification on their Touch Audio radio?

Also if Heartland stopped using these audio devices midway through the 2011 production year; what are they putting in their RV's in place of the Touch Audio and do they have a program to upgrade any of the radios with the the old product?

danemayer

Has anyone been able to successfully turn off the NOAA notification on their Touch Audio radio?

Also if Heartland stopped using these audio devices midway through the 2011 production year; what are they putting in their RV's in place of the Touch Audio and do they have a program to upgrade any of the radios with the the old product?

Hi ynot,

First of all, a belated welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. You've probably already seen that there's a lot of useful information here along with a lot of friendly people willing to help out when you have a question.

Based on the answers to this thread, and others, I don't think anyone has figured out how to turn off the NOAA notification. I've not heard anything about an upgrade program, but sometimes the best way to find out things like that is to call Heartland Customer Service directly at 877-262-8032. Have your vin# ready. If there is an upgrade program, please circle back around here to let the rest of us know.

ynot

Well no joy with calling Heartland Customer Service on the Touch Audio radio in my NT. I will soon be installing a toggle switch on the power lead to the radio so I can control the NOAA feature that way.

badog5

I pulled every fuse in my panel but none of them are linked to the stereo. Is there another fuse panel? I have a 21FBS.
thanks

ynot

On my 21FBS it was the third fuse (15 Amp) from the top on the rectifier. It may take a few seconds for the power to discharge to the radio and the display to go out.