Flat Mounting HOC Plaque

frumbawa

After a bit of searching, it appears most have their club plaques mounted on their ladders. Since the Cyclone ladder is not permanent, I decided to go with the flat mount instead. Now that I have the actual plaque/frame in hand, I'm a concerned that the four little pieces of double sided tape will actually hold the plaque in place especially over time.

Anyone else have their plaques flat mounted? I would really like to stick it on the back of the rig so it can be seen as I head down the road but I'm worried with all the bounce at the back, how long it will actually stay there.

Frank

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I think you'll be fine as long as you use the 3M exterior mounting tape. It's supposed to be waterproof and very strong.

jnv

We have our plaque "flat mounted" on the back of our trailer. The original tape came loose after about a month. We replaced the tape with the 3M exterior mounting tape Ray mentioned. It has been on for about 6 mos. now with no problems. We do check it every trip to make sure it hasn't come loose.

GOTTOYS

I've used a bunch of the 3M double stick that was made for Automotive use. I've used it for a lot of things. It's the one with the red backing. That stuff rules! JMHO...Don

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Since our rig spends most of its time on a seasonal site, the plaque would only be visible to the squirrels, so I mounted it on a piece of plywood and hang it off the pin box. I had two of the trailer hitch plaques, but found they won't fit the receiver on my truck. So I cut one down and use automotive trim tape to stick it on the back. I penned in my member # with a Sharpie.

frumbawa

Thanks all for the responses. Looks like I'll be making another trip Home Depot this afternoon.

JohnDar - I like your "mini" plaque idea too.

Frank