A few mods to our 3670

Lance & Jo

Thought I would post a few pictures of the mods we have accomplished so far. Left out a few things like springs and wet bolts cause they just don’t seem to add much to the pictures.
  1. Needed a place for an 8 foot ladder. Still have plans for the other side, but that will have to wait till next year.
  2. Second generation of the bike rack cause just couldn’t pass up the deal on the Trail Air Pin Box at Elkhart last summer.
  3. Not sure who said it first here but they were correct, 2 motors are definitely better than 1!
  4. 15 foot of luff tape, a few yards of shade material, a couple hours on the sewing machine, and life is better.
  5. Theatre Chairs from Flair, makes being a couch potato that much more fun. Note for Jim B. and J.D. Jo says I can’t play with you guys anymore….. too many ideas!
  6. After the new chair we needed a new couch (old one didn’t fit anymore) and found this one in kit form at Lowes.
  7. The original desk didn’t work for us as had no storage or file drawer so back to Lowes.
  8. New cabinet doors for spice racks as found out the darn spice bottles don’t fit very well under the galley slide.
  9. Still don’t see why this shelf isn’t a standard issue but for us makes better use of the space.
  10. Another shelf that just seemed to be calling.
  11. We don’t need a bedroom TV so a couple doors and a shelf and….
  12. A storage box over the washer makes finding the soap a little easier!

Attachments

• 3. New Landing Gear Switch.JPG
    3. New Landing Gear Switch.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 553
  • 1. Ladder.JPG
    1. Ladder.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 619
  • 2. Bike Rack.JPG
    2. Bike Rack.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 561
  • 4. Sun Shade.JPG
    4. Sun Shade.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 546
  • 5. Theatre Chairs.JPG
    5. Theatre Chairs.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 579
  • 6. Couch.JPG
    6. Couch.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 593
  • 7. Desk.JPG
    7. Desk.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 568
  • 8. Spice Rack Aft.JPG
    8. Spice Rack Aft.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 555
  • 8.1 Spice Rack Galley.JPG
    8.1 Spice Rack Galley.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 488
  • 9. Dishes Shelf.JPG
    9. Dishes Shelf.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 533
  • 10. Galley Shelf.JPG
    10. Galley Shelf.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 538
  • 11. Bedroom Cabinet Doors.JPG
    11. Bedroom Cabinet Doors.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 515
  • 11.1 Bedroom Cab Shelf.JPG
    11.1 Bedroom Cab Shelf.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 498
  • Closet Storage.JPG
    Closet Storage.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 524

hillsonwheels

A kit form couch?????? Musta missed that department in Lowe's. I'm currently working on my version of 'zackly what you have. Hope to have it all ready before we show up at the Tampa show to help out. I guess "great minds think alike!" :eek:

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Lance, thanks for some good ideas. I can learn from you. Trace

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Uh Oh! Honey, I need some new tools. (My standard whine when I build stuff...for her). Great mods and great ideas.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I really like the chair/couch and the shelf under the kitchen cabinets. We always travel with the fruit and tomatoes in a cabinet. I don't like doing that and the shelf would help a lot.

Kristy

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Wow! Great mods!

Can you give more details on the flair theater chairs and the couch? What did they cost? Are they leather or leather-look? Your decor is the same as ours, and man, I love the look!

Erika

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I really like the chair/couch and the shelf under the kitchen cabinets. We always travel with the fruit and tomatoes in a cabinet. I don't like doing that and the shelf would help a lot.

Kristy

Kristy,
Teri puts the fruit in a big bowl on the counter between the stove and fridge. We put some of that non-skid rubber under it and haven't lost it yet. (Estimate around 7500 miles this year.)

Trace

Last edited:

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Thanks. I'll stick to my story though, since it improves the chances Mark will put up that shelf. Lol
Kristy

Lance & Jo

Wow! Great mods!

Can you give more details on the flair theater chairs and the couch? What did they cost? Are they leather or leather-look? Your decor is the same as ours, and man, I love the look!

Erika

The material is a leather look and I got the couch material from Flair so as to match the chairs. Rest of the couch material came from Lowes or Home Depot. Not real sure about rules for discussing price here and my info would be out of date anyway. The good news is when we left Goshin Flair had a similar chair that was to possibly be an option in the Landmark line, if so the price may have changed with volume. Our chair was the third one they had done, J.D. and Jim B. were there first. Would suggest you call Tim Mead at Flair for current price.

gonervn

Bill & Sallie
These are great. Our decor is the ssame as yours. I too would like to know more about the chairs cost, leather, etc. and a kit? I have never seen anything like this at Lowes. Is there storage under the cushions of the couch?

Lance & Jo

These are great. Our decor is the ssame as yours. I too would like to know more about the chairs cost, leather, etc. and a kit? I have never seen anything like this at Lowes. Is there storage under the cushions of the couch?

Yes lots of storage and of course it has the ability to add a little to GVW, what with all the room for the cast iron pots/pans!!

Lance & Jo

Got the material from Sailrite, 15 foot of 7/32 luff tape and 5 yds of 75% fibertech shade material. Had the gromets in the sewing kit already. The shade material is 54" and you loose a couple inches making the bottom seam but gain most of it back with the edge of the luff tape. Only takes an hour or so to make. If your not into sewing much I think you can find a similar shade at camping world. I got the idea from a friend we camped with last summer.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Sun shade is a great idea. Care to give some details? :)

Got our sun shade material in kit form from Lowes. It has stick on snaps not screw on snaps. You cut it to size, put on the snaps, install and you are done. It was easy. We travel with it on and it really does the job in blocking out the bright sunlight.Screen snap.JPGDSC00246.JPG

Lance & Jo

Had to make the doors. Looked in all the places I could find in and around Elkhart for doors trying to save time but just couldn't find anything I wanted to put in the trailer.