Coast to Coast Membership

aatauses

Hi everyone,We stopped at Camping World yesterday and had a presentation by Coast to Coast. Just wondering who has this membership and pros/cons??They discussed about a "home park" and general membership with 3 different levels. We then found on the web site that some parks are labeled as "GNP" (good neighbor parks) and did not hear about our benefits if that is the home park??Any information is appreciated.We are currently in WA, but will be headed to Apache Junction, AZ next weekThanksal

wdk450

aatauses
Do some internet searching an you can find a lot of people selling these memberships with a lot more privilages and lower cost than is now offered at presentations. I think though there is some restriction as to how soon you can buy a transfer membership after having an official presentation. These are found on E-Bay, special brokers websites, and Yahoo groups.

Boca_Shuffles

We've had a membership for the past four years. My main complaint is most of the warm weather campgrounds (i.e. desired by snow birds), don't offer the membership rates in the winter months. In January to March, they charge higher rates to Coast to Coast members.

GARVIS

We are looking for something like you have joined. Is Coast to Coast similar to time share? What are the best RV memberships available? We are looking for a cheaper way to travel and use our fifth wheel. Any information would be appreceated.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Check out Thousand Trails. Currently they have a regional membership available for $499 per year. This allows you to stay at any of the Thousand Trails Preserves (they call their RV Parks Preserves) for free using 30 amp sites or $3.00 per night for 30/50 amp sites. Go to their website for more info. http://www.thousandtrails.com/

BBinNC

Just remember - once you buy, you are obligated to payments. As an owner of a time share condo, I know!

jmgratz

With the Thousand Trails regional it is a one time fee of $499. It is for 1 year and you do not have to sign a contract. When the year is up you can renew if you want but are not obligated to. It is a great deal. But there is a limitation of 14 days in and 7 days out then you can do 14 days in etc. If you want more info PM me.

porthole

Retired
You really have to look at the region you are buying and see if it will suit your travels. Thousand trails has nothing in the mid country

jmgratz

You really have to look at the region you are buying and see if it will suit your travels. Thousand trails has nothing in the mid country

That is true, however there are many in high travel areas such as Orlando etc.

porthole

Retired
But you forgot that with the Thousand Trails 'membership' you can access Encore parks and they are everywhere. And it is nice to be able to stay within 6 miles of Disney World for free.

I didn't forgot, there is nothing that pops up with that on the website or in the mailings I get.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hi,
For $99 a year u can join Coast to Coast or RPI at Chinook Bend near Lincoln City, Oregon. Give them a call. You receive a campground magazine that covers all the USA. Each nite is $10-15 a nite.

davebennington

We have 2 camping club memberships first was Coast to Coast then we joined Passport America. In my opinion the Passport membership is more useful than the Coast to Coast because of the way they are setup. Coast to Coast is more of a destination campground where Passport is a day by day camping spot. So if you like to go places and stay for awhile Coast to Coast would be the membership to go with, if on the other hand your travels are 1 or 2 days here and then moving on tho another area Passport would be my choice. Of course all of this is just my opinion, each of the camping membership clubs have their own good and bad way of doing business.

dave

jtjt

I have thousand trails, coast to coast, rpi and America the beautiful National Parks Pass. If you are over 65 you can get the National Park Pass for $10.00 for life and 50% off for camping. If you buy into thousand trails, buy a resale for about $1200.00. If you go full time, it is worth it. I have elite with thousand trails and can use all the parks on the east coast, west coast, Texas and 5 northern States and all off encore parks. All 4 memberships are your best buy. If you buy into Thousand Trails your RPI membership should only be $89.00 a year.
jtjt

funntheson

Please make sure if you are going to buy a camping membership from anyone that they specify in the contract that you can cancel with proper notice at the end of any annual term. We got screwed years ago by Timber Lodge Resorts, who would not let us cancel. They kept charging us annual dues, then threatened to send us to collections, then extorted $500 from us to cancel the membership. We currently have an RPI membership through a different campground, and we made sure to have it in writing that we could cancel. Also, if you want to do local campouts, beware of the 125 mile radius rules that say you can not camp within 125 miles of your home.

funntheson

Where is this stated? We are looking at driving all the way accross the country next summer to spend a couple of weeks at Disney World. I might need a way to save some money. How far in advance can you reserve? I just went back and watched a video on the TT site. It said you get 30% off at Encore parks, so if you get it for Zilch, you must have got a special deal?
Larry
But you forgot that with the Thousand Trails 'membership' you can access Encore parks and they are everywhere. And it is nice to be able to stay within 6 miles of Disney World for free.

wino2

No one mention KOA we used it when we went to Glacier you get 10 % off each night stay and along the way you build up points. By the time we were headed home and stopped in Vegas we got close to $30.00 off one night plus the 10%. KOA costs $20.00 a year. Granted some of their camp grounds are old but it is sure worth a look. Great for an overnight stay while on the road.