Lucky enough to find a Jack Handle on US 17 and what it did to the front lower portion of our Big Country.

PhilPam

Before picture of damage to area just under the front compartment. IThe Jack handle put a hole all the way through the Fiberglass and the mesh lining.

1121111045.jpg

The repair is shown below it cosisted of purchasing a piece of thin Aluminum Diamond Deck. Cutting, fitting and fastening in place. using stainless steel screws #8 X 3/4". My wife was a trmendos help holding, eyeballing and general information. PhilPam

1121111523a.jpg

Sandpirate69

That was some nice metal (Aluminum) work. Was that damage from road debri? I use a Towtechtor hooked to my regular hitch. It catches 80% of the road debri.

Ivan

Chuck Richard

Wow! Nice job, I should do that to mine just for rock damage, always thought it would been nice to have the extra protection from the factory.

hillsonwheels

It has been on my list of "nice to dos" for sometime. :rolleyes: Just been waiting for a "roundtoit". :D A good thing it was the coach and not the truck radiator! :eek:

Dick

Very nice! Hope you made a template because I think you could make a nice living off your metal working talent. Sign me up and send me a quote!

Rickhansen

VERY nice! How did you cut the radius corners around the baggage door?

I'll bet this is handy for checking the brake lights on your truck too.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Nice job Phil! Too bad about the handle damage but now it looks great with the diamond plate. Hopefully it's not too difficult to maintain that shiny finish.

PhilPam

I made at least 5 templates of cardboard before I got the correct radius. Then used the template to mark the rdadius on the aluminum and used a metal blade on my jig saw to cut them. Then did the same thing for the radii for the baggage door itself took only 4 template tries for that.

PhilPam

If you come to the Florida Rally in March we will be there and I can explain exactly how ic measured and cut the aluminum. Phil & Pam Lau

PUG

Pug
Very nice cutting and fitting job Phil. If it gets dull and faded, you can get some acid that is made especially for brightening aluminum. I use it on my alum toolbox and used to use it on my livestock trailers.