De Montrond RV Houston Texas

macjj

Has anyone had any experience with this service provider. I have yet to contact Hartland, however I contacted Lippert on the 6 point "Level-Up" system and they were recomended for installation and service. I noted on their website http://www.demontrondrv.com/ they do not carry the Hartland brands (at least I could not find them).

I am in California. We bought a 2012 Bighorn 3070RL in Ringgold VA. We will be traveling in that direction January 2012 and be returning to CA late March. I need to get a generator installed along with the "Level-up" system and therefore was looking to satisfy all (including Hartland and Lippert).

Any and all suggestions would be appriciated.

Jim and Carol from CA

wdk450

Re: De Montrond RV Huston Texas

Can you route your return trip to California through Elkhart, Indiana and get Heartland/Lippert to do it at their service facilities???

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

By the way it is Heartland not Hartland. Demontrond is a large auto/RV dealership in Houston/Conroe Texas. I do not have any service experience with them but they are not Heartland dealers. Just on the other side of the freeway in Houston is Lone Star RV and they are Heartland dealers. Also there is Ron Hoover in Houston and LaMarque and they are Heartland Dealers. Hope this helps out. BTW Demontrond is a DRV Mobile/Elite Suites dealer.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders

I have never done any business with Demontrond but have friends that have bought from them and their service SUCKS!!! I cannot recommend strongly enough to stay away from them for any service work.

As suggested before, I would take my trailer to Elkhart and have the work done at Lippert.

macjj

Thanks all for the feedback. Sorry for not being a spelling scolar. Thought about Elkhart but assumed the weather wuld not be coopertive in the spring months. I will contact Lippert for other alternatives

Thanks again
Jim & Carol

wdk450

Jim:
You crack me up! "Sorry for not being a spelling scolar". I have to confess I ignore the little wavy red underline in composing my many postings.

While being a fellow Californian and having NO desire to pull 8 tons of trailer in snow, sleet and slush, Elkhart IS the RV capitol of the world and they build them and tow them out to the dealers across the country all year round. Maybe if you put out your planned exact month to be traveling, someone out there can give you a FLYING GUESS what to expect.

Again, Elkhart is the "mother ship" and has all of the parts and knowledge if the unexpected crops up during modifications. Also the gang online here can recommend all of the good restaurants/places to stay or go to, from the policy of having the National rally there every other year.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We were in Elkhart in the later part of March and it got to 22 degrees and snowed. BTW you can usually travel okay as the major roads are kept clear. Just don't try doing it during heavy storms or high winds.

macjj

All;

Thanks again for your feedback - greatly appriciated. Thanks to Sue and Tom Wharton for the links. It validated Driver-Jay's comment.

Went back to Lippert and they came up with a couple more - the first was not listed in the links so I will generate another post on that one.

Hope to meet many of you on the road in the next few years. Hope my spelling gets better

Thanks again

Jim & Carol

Leno

I wouldn't send my worse enemy to Demontrond...They have terrible service. We bought TT from them several years back and went to them for service. It was horrible...They lost our business for good!

57chevyconvt

It is my undersanding from discussions with Heartland Service that all new Big Country, Big Horn, and Landmark brands will have hydraulic landing gear. I know that this is not the 6 point leveling system, but it is a start in the way of hydraulic legs. Like Jay Coffman, I have friends in Houston that bought a Mobile Suite from De Montrond and had a very difficult time with their service people.

jbeletti

Jim H,

My understanding is that going forward, all production units, so optioned, will be full 6-point hydraulic Level Up.

Jim

57chevyconvt

Jim, My point of reference on the hyd. landing gear was a conversation David H. in the service depart when I went to him with a problem with the Lippert/Venture landing gear system. I assumed that all the 2012 5er's would have the hydraulic front landing gear as a standard feature and not an option. I realize the 6 point leveling system is above and beyond the standard front leveling legs. If my assumption is not correct, please set me straight so that I will not be spreading any information that is not correct.

Jim H