vented vs unvented

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, that moisture from the clothes have to go somewhere, like on the walls and windows in the form of condensate.
Just a thought.

Peace
Dave

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Another vote for venting.
Some states require venting in homes. In Hawaii they don't and there is a definite retention of moisture (and lint) inside the dwelling when a dryer just has that inside vent setup on top of it. Trace

Lance & Jo

Have had both, the un-vented version on the boat and vented in the trailer. I can't think of a reason I would put the un-vented version in the trailer. The un-vented one didn't seem to raise the moisture level inside but does take a REALLY long time to dry even a single shirt. It uses cold water circulating around the drum to condense the moisture on the inside and then it is discharged through the hose. We most often had to hang the cloths outside to dry. But due to the location I would have had to put the vent almost at the water line and that just didn't seem to be a good idea! We

twohappycampers

Have had both, the un-vented version on the boat and vented in the trailer. I can't think of a reason I would put the un-vented version in the trailer. The un-vented one didn't seem to raise the moisture level inside but does take a REALLY long time to dry even a single shirt. It uses cold water circulating around the drum to condense the moisture on the inside and then it is discharged through the hose. We most often had to hang the cloths outside to dry. But due to the location I would have had to put the vent almost at the water line and that just didn't seem to be a good idea! We

Thank you for explaining how these un-vented washer/dryer combos work. I kinda knew, but didn't know how to explain it. Maybe I should be calling them ventless? I had a portable 120 volt dryer before in an apartment spare bedroom that used a small container full of water to catch the lint. It heated up the room quite a bit, not tooo bad because 120's don't run that hot. The room had a ceiling fan and I also put a fan in the window to exhaust the hot moist air. And I closed the bedroom door. Cumbersome setup and a nuisance, but still was happier with that than the apartment communal laundry.

These ventless Splendide's or LG's operate differently than that, like you explained. From what I've read, moisture isn't a problem with these. If I find it is, I have a dehumidifier and an exhaust ceiling fan in the bedroom where it would be set up. As for hot weather, we don't get that much of it here :)

Thanks for your input. I'm doing more research on this washer/dryer business than I ever did for my RV :D