Looking at 3690SL

KiwiRVer

My wife and I saw the 3690SL at the Hershey show and are seriously considering upgrading from our 2010 Montana Mountaineer. I would appreciate any feedback from owners of the 3690SL as to there likes/dislikes about this model.

Thanks
Craig

jimtoo

HI Craig,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a lot of great people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

The Big Country is a very nice unit and really selling good. We have a lot of folks here and you will be getting feedback from our family of owners soon.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Katwoodx2

My wife and I saw the 3690SL at the Hershey show and are seriously considering upgrading from our 2010 Montana Mountaineer. I would appreciate any feedback from owners of the 3690SL as to there likes/dislikes about this model.

Thanks
Craig

Hey Craig! Did y'all buy the 3690SL?? We did! And we love love love it!! If you haven't and still have questions, we'd be happy to try to answer them (bear in mind that we are new owners ourselves). We traded a Class C for our BC 3690SL and incredibly happy we decided to do so!

Take care!
Kat Atwood

KiwiRVer

Hi Kat, we are still trying to find a dealer who will give us what we want. First dealer was not willing to back up what they promised, in writing. Hopefully will have it sorted this week with another dealer. Glad to hear you like yours, we are still very keen but have some very specific requirements, as long timers, that are not standard or offered as published options on the 3690SL.

In particular we need:
1. Automatic hydraulic leveling system - Heartland have agreed to provide 4 point system although everything I read says a coach this size should have a 6 point system.
2. Outside bistro compartments but without all the extras like TV, fridge, BBQ etc - Heartland have agreed to provide the compartment doors only which will give us a lot more storage space.
3. Some extra power points
4. Wet bolts - still discussing this with Heartland - they say Dexter don't provide them even though they clearly do. Dexter advertise them on their website for the EZ Flex system.
5. The demo unit we saw at Hershey had linen closet in the bathroom which is essential as internal storage is a little lacking on the 3690SL. Website and brochures don't show this as an option but Heartland have said they can do it for us.
6. We also don't want the sofa and we will swap the factory supplied rocker/recliners for our own Lambrights. We will put our Recliners where the sofa is and I will build a desk on the other side.
7. Also asked them for some Cherry wood stain to match the interior so any woodwork I do will hopefully match.
8. I have also asked them to swap the Trail-Air Roto-Flex pin box (which I presume is standard as it was on the demo unit we saw) for a Mor/Ryde Rubber pin box.

With these changes the 3690SL will, we feel, be a very liveable rig for long timers like ourselves.

Cheers
Craig

Last edited:

Brandon.Prewitt

1.Maybe they are only offereing the 4 point because the coach would already have hydrolic fronts that they can connect to the level up system?
2.This is the only option I wish I had that I didn't get because we didn't buy the bunk unit.
3.Good Idea.
4. Good Idea.
5.Can never have too much storage.
6.We dont use the sofa, 4 chairs would be great.
7.Very Good Idea.
8.Don't have experience with this.

This is my first 5er but wouldn't trading a '10 for a '12 hurt the wallet?