D/N shades up or down when Traveling

Westwind

Wondering what everyone does with the shades when traveling? The one I'm most concerned with is the large back one since the recliners could hit them if down when traveling, the rest are really not a problem that I can see.

lorax

In the winter we travel with them up to allow in light (heat) and in the summer we travel with them down to keep out light (heat).
Ted

jnbhobe

I thought I read you are suppose to travel with them down, but then again I've thought I've read a lot of stuff !!!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Since I replaced the rear shades with vertical blinds, we open them and tie them together in small groups for travel. Just gotta remember to shut them before running around nekkid back there once we set up.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We always travel with our down. Eventho our windows are tinted, I still don't want anyone looking in.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Always keep ours down (year round to keep the sun out), just like the toilet paper, it goes over the top toward the outside! Ha!
2 recliners don't hit the back shade at all.

Crumgater

Down.
For privacy/security.

We put pillows under the recliners to minimize the rocking and - hopefully - keep them from hitting the windows.

Westwind

Your concern about the recliner's rocking is what prompted me to start this thread. Right now I have mine straped and movement is minimal, I just have to be sure they don't chafe each other, might pick up a couple of cheap towels at the $1 store to use per a suggestion made.