Recliners

Westwind

In all my excitement to get the trailer home and set up I can't remember how the recliners were set up and strapped. I just finished the Dinning chairs but when I got to the recliners I could only find one clip ring on either side of the trailer and just couldn't remember for the life of me how they were positioned and strapped. Help on this minor problem would be appreciate. :eek:
It's called help the aging mind!

danemayer

Ours are turned 90 degrees so they're back-to-back. If the recliners are close enough to the wall, the strap should run from one clip to the other over the middle of the chairs. We put a dish towel under the strap where it goes over the top of the recliners to avoid having the clips rub on the chair fabric.

GOTTOYS

Turn them sideways very tight against the wall, back to back. Strap goes over the top across both of them. I suggest you put a cover of some sort, we use a couple old socks, over the recliner lever on the one against the wall to avoid scratching the wall...Don

Boca_Shuffles

Also put a blanket or towel between the two chairs at the top where they come in contact with each other. Failure to due this can cause the leatherette material to damaged by the rubbing motion.

Gizzy

We put ours back-to-back and also put a sock over the recliner handle, however, we do not bother with the straps anymore, too much of a pain. Recently completed a 4 1/2 month/8,000 mile trip and never had a problem without the straps.
Same for both dining chairs (we removed two of them). We did discovered early that the chair that had the back facing the front of the coach would tip over from stopping, but we cured that by simply turning it 180 degrees so the back of the chair faced the rear of the coach and never had a problem after doing that. We simply removed all straps from the coach.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
We took the straps out, you don't need them, the chairs don't move an inch. Also took out 2 chairs from the kit. Table. Also turned the kit. Table 180 degrees for more room and screwed it back down to the floor.

rick_debbie_gallant

We took out couch/air bed and both recliners. RePlaced them with two home theater recliners. Put the dinner table at
Rear of coach. Dw's sewing/quilting center is where table used to be. Home theater is where couch was. Works great
For us!

bobber

We have never used straps on the recliners or chairs at table. We also took out 2 chairs to the table and turned the table lengthwise in front of the window. We have never used straps and have had no problems with anything moving. Turning the table has given us lots of extra room for the dog. :)