Elkridge 29RKSA

My wife and I purchased what was to be our last trailer just over a year ago, A 2011 Heartland Elkridge 29RKSA, from the time we took it off the dealers lot to now we have had nothing but broken trailer troubles, in just over one year I have copies of over 30 work orders for the repairs to a trailer that appears to have been constructed at a plant where QC was non existent. The problems range from plumbing, electrical, heating, cabinetry and water leaks. I clearly understand and would expect that there should be a few modificatons and or adjustments with new units as they leave the selling dealerships lots but anything beyond this is cause for major concern with an investment of this dollar value.
I will say that the selling dealer has been very helpfull and understanding, they have gone beyond their responsibility to help in having our unit ready for our next trip time and time again but have also told us as a dealership they are considering dropping the Elkridge line as the problems never seem to stop and it is reflecting on their business in a negative way.
It is not my intention to create negativity or problems throughout this forum but to seek help in raising a concern with a company that we trusted and invested our saving in. Please reply to this thread if you have had issues with this product or similar Heartland products.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I don't know how severe your issues have been but generally, RV owners take care of many problems on their own. On the other end of that spectrum, some owners just aren't handy at DIY stuff. Have you called Heartland Customer Service? Sometimes they can be very helpful.
Have you had any repeat issues? Hopefully once the bugs are gone you won't be making any future trips to the dealer for service and can use the rig without worrying what will go wrong next.
I have not heard any rumor about dropping the Elkridge line but even if they do, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. This happens a lot throughout the RV industry.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Just wanted to let you know that we have all had our issues and it does not matter whether it is a Heartland product or a high dollar Prevost Motor Home. Many of the components are the same i.e. toilet, stove, microwave, refrigerator, holding tanks, water lines, water pumps etc. The RV manufacturer does not have any QC over these components as they just install them. I look at it like as long as the manufacturer is backing their product and repairing the faults I am happy. There are some manufacturers out there that once you buy it they 'hand you out to dry'. Good Luck and Happy Travels.