GFI kicking out

The_Toads

We have a 29 RKSA, 2009. Over the last 5 days the GFI in the bathroom has kicked off while we are having high winds and lots of rain. Once it quits raining the GFI can be reset within an hour or so????
Where would I start to look for the trouble area???

Also
We are also observing a small leak from the lounge chair window. The leak trickles down the wall to the floor. I have tried to reseal the left side of the window as well as tighten the screws on the inside and yet it still leaks. Where do I look next?

Thank you
Dean Garzot

wingfoot

I really don't know about the rain issue. I had GFI problems and it turned out to be a wire that had been inserted without adequate insulation striping. The GFI would heat up and expand the faulty wire connection resulting in a bad connection...once it cooled down you could reset it. Stripped the wire...done deal.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Sounds like a water related issue.
If you have a leak in the wall, is it anywhere near an outlet?
If it is, I would UNPLUG POWER to the trailer, if it is practical to do so. Pull out the outlet to see if it is getting wet in the back.
Fix the source of the leak with caulking or by whatever means necessary.
Take it to a repair facility later for permanent repairs, if you can't complete them your self. Trace

hoefler

Sounds like a water related issue.
If you have a leak in the wall, is it anywhere near an outlet?
If it is, I would UNPLUG POWER to the trailer, if it is practical to do so. Pull out the outlet to see if it is getting wet in the back.
Fix the source of the leak with caulking or by whatever means necessary.
Take it to a repair facility later for permanent repairs, if you can't complete them your self. Trace

Exactly what I was thinking

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Any of the outside 110V plugs are GFI. Check to make sure water is not getting inside the plugs.