LP Gas Leak Detector

K

Ken Washington

Has anyone had to replace the LP Gas Leak Detector?:confused: Mine has been going off for two weeks sitting beside my home with the LP tanks shut off. I don't smell any propane and when I open the door, it will stop after a few minutes. I wonder if something else could be setting it off or maybe the heat. Also the detector may be bad. Any thoughts about this?

Ken

jbeletti

We replaced ours last year after 2 years of use. It was going off for no apparent reason. Or none that we could find/sniff out. New unit is glowing (LED) and silent. We're happy :)

Jim

K

Ken Washington

Hi Jim,
Thanks for the come back! Where did you but the replacement detector. Hope you all are having a wonderful time at the rally.

jbeletti

Ken,

Recreational Specialties, an Elkhart, Indiana service center replaced it. They sourced it from Heartland.

My recollection is that the warranty is a full 2 years. Contact the device manufacturer to discuss a repair/replacement.

If you are still within your 1 year warranty period, any Heartland dealer should be able to get approval from Heartland Customer Service (574-262-8030) to order in a replacement for you.

Take care,

Jim

Cooper

You might also look at your propane hoses coming from your regulators to your tanks, mine where very stiff and had crack's in the outer hose cover( 06 Golden Gate). Both of mine where leaking and I replaced them with parts from our local propane dealer.

nhunter

When we had our last trailer people were always saying they could smell propane but the tanks were shut. Turns out we had a natural gas leak underground 2' from where our trailer was. Maybe you have one too?

K

Ken Washington

Thanks everyone for your help! The detector is still under warranty and is on it's way to CCI Controls for a replacement. They will ship me a new one as soon as they receive mine in the mail.
P.S. Jim, we are one of the first Landmark owners! Still loving mine!

Ken

jbeletti

Glad it worked out Ken. Let us know once you get the new one and get it installed. What's your S/N? 378 here.

Having fun at the rally.....

Jim

K

Ken Washington

Jim,
Yours is just a little older than mine. Mine is #401.

Ken

P.S. It would be interesting to know how many Landmarks were produced before ours! Maybe Scott can look it up for us!

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Ken Washington said:
Jim,
Yours is just a little older than mine. Mine is #401.

Ken

P.S. It would be interesting to know how many Landmarks were produced before ours! Maybe Scott can look it up for us!
Ken, our Mt. Rushmore is #134,produced in Oct. of 2004.

bargetis2

Getisonwheels
LP Leak Detector driving us crazy

Leak Detector started buzzing yesterday. We shut off propane, checked for leaks, shut everything off, opened door and windows (brrrr!) and tried everything and can't find or detect or smell any propane. We shut off the RV power at the shoreline and switched it back on and it stayed quiet until an hour ago. We have a 2006 Landmark. We downloaded the users guide from CCI. We're definite its a malfunction. How do we deengage this thing? Walk us through, we've never done this before. We'll get a new detector but we need to get some sleep! Help!!

jbeletti

Had this happen in my 2005. Sniffed the entire propane system with a detector. Nothing. Removed power to the detector, replaced it - no more falsing.

To remove mine, I removed the screw on both sides of the unit and pulled it straight out of the wall. Kept pulling. There was an inline 12 volt fuse. Pulled the fuse there.

Pull yours out and try it. The warranty on them is 2 or 3 years. CCI will repair or replace it for you.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
this is a question not reply
on a north trail 29rbss is the propane detector on a fused curcuit??
if so which fuse
Bobkinner, if the fuse panel is not marked, I would start pulling fuses one at a time till the green LED on the LP detector goes out.
You mentioned in another post that the battery goes dead pretty quick. How long does it take to drain the battery? Have you checked the battery to make sure you do not have a bad cell? Is your converter charging the battery?
These are just a few troubleshooting ideas.
Let us know what you find.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
So which is it? A 12V inline fuse or an ATC fuse in the panel? I've got two ATC's, a 15A and 20A, in mine that are not identified. Seems somebody decided to put a label over the original one and failed to mark what the last two were for. Maybe one's for the awning, who knows?

bobkinner

propane detector was fused with the slide out
not sure why. the batteries the first time only lasted a couple days of sitting unplugged form a power source that was shortly after we got it from the dealer, so not sure how charged they were at that point, monitoring it now. i think it needs a battery isloation switch,if only for my peace of mind. i thank you for ur help>

elwaller39

Evans & Lana
I have had the problem with the LP detector going off from time to time and all I do is use the vacume sweeper and suck the dust from the detector and will work fine until more dust gets in there. We also have set things in front of the detector like shoes and that will set it off also. We have had our coach for 5 years now.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
propane detector was fused with the slide out
not sure why. the batteries the first time only lasted a couple days of sitting unplugged form a power source that was shortly after we got it from the dealer, so not sure how charged they were at that point, monitoring it now. i think it needs a battery isloation switch,if only for my peace of mind. i thank you for ur help>
bob, check to see if your refrigerator has the climate control switch OR the ambient temp control switches on. A bettry isolator is always a good idea but there area a few things that can run a battery flat in a few days. As you mentioned, maybe they weren't at 100% from the dealer.