Black kitchen table

Dave-Gail

After having a bowl of soup, which I doubled a kitchen towel underneath, I have noticed a white ring where the bowl of soup was. Also, a white ring where a cup was sitting. We purchased, BC 3250ts, new in April and have only used it for one week in May and then this week. So, in all the table has been used 13 times. Would putting a coat of poly on it help?? Does anyone know if this is covered under the warranty?
Thanks for any info on this. Gail

jimtoo

Hi Dave-Gail,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I would suggest you call Heartland Customer Service or your dealer. Be sure you have your VIN ready. Also some pictures would help.

Jim M

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Gail. we have a few wood working gurus on our site and they will probably give you some good info. I think the black tables are not a stained color so I don't think any type of coating will prevent those heat rings. It might be best to get some vinyl place mats. I know they have some that are a bit thicker than the norm and that may be best. I'm really surprised you got the ring since you used the dish towel under it. Sorry I couldn't give you more info.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
We have had that happen to our oak table at home. Fortunately the rings went away after a while. It's the heat causing some condentsate I believe. Using a towel under something hot will not do.
Like Ray mentioned, a good thicker vinyl place mat is the way to go.

Peace
Dave

GOTTOYS

I've thought about putting some Formica on mine..just another project for this Winter...Don

pegmikef

Since we do mostly camping and little resorting, DW keeps a colorful table cloth on the table covered by a clear vinyl cloth. Looks attractive and is functional. Also handy to slide pertinent local reference lists (i.e., channel lists, local park numbers, etc) under the plastic for easy access.

wingfoot

After having a bowl of soup, which I doubled a kitchen towel underneath, I have noticed a white ring where the bowl of soup was. Also, a white ring where a cup was sitting. We purchased, BC 3250ts, new in April and have only used it for one week in May and then this week. So, in all the table has been used 13 times. Would putting a coat of poly on it help?? Does anyone know if this is covered under the warranty?
Thanks for any info on this. Gail

I may be too late with this post but here is an old "fix" for your rings...Use Mayonnaise on the affected area. It may take a little rubbing but stay with it. I have used this method before and got varying degrees of success from totally removing to a little improvement. Worth a try though..

Good luck

Bob Vaughn

We were going to have 4 extra people on our trip this past summer so I knew that even with the extra leaf the table would not be large enough to seat 6 people. I went down to Home Depot and bought a piece of Poplar wood and made another leaf just like the one there....It will even fit underneath. I painted it to match then put a couple more coats on the rest of the table top.....When it is all put together you cannot tell which one came with the table and which one I made....