No oven and pull-up table in new Landmarks

mikeandconnie

I'm seeing many new Landmarks without ovens and a pull-up table. I like the pull-up table, but wouldn't want one without the oven. Can we expect no oven on the new Landmarks coming out?

jbeletti

An oven can be opted on ordered units. Not sure of the cost. In the last 3 Landmarks I've had, I've requested "no-oven" as I prefer the storage space.

Jim

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I'll bet most folks don't use the oven, unless they're full-timers. We used the one in our previous TT one time and have only test fired the one in the BH. If cooking's to be done, it involves the stove top, half-time micro, BBQ grill, or car keys and a credit card.

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
When I ordered my Key Largo, I requested "no oven" and was told the "no oven" is now standard and if you want an oven, you must order it as an option. Also, the linen closet in the bathroom is now strandard. Also, the "vessel bowl" sink is no longer available, even as an option. Must have had a lot of problems with it, since you can't get it even if you ask. Waiting for my new Key Largo is like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. Didn't realize how little patience I had until now. Ken

Crumgater

I guess we're odd. We need a bigger oven. The 16" in the ElkRidge is just too small... we often cook for 15+ people at gatherings - while running on our 2k generator (i.e. no half-time micro). We use our oven a lot.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I guess we're odd. We need a bigger oven. The 16" in the ElkRidge is just too small... we often cook for 15+ people at gatherings - while running on our 2k generator (i.e. no half-time micro). We use our oven a lot.

We use the oven quite a bit too! DW would be upset without that feature for sure!

SJH

Also, the "vessel bowl" sink is no longer available, even as an option. Must have had a lot of problems with it, since you can't get it even if you ask. Ken

Congratulations on your new rig! No doubt you will have years of camping enjoyment with that Landmark!

Regarding the vessel sink. They appear to still be standard on the Big Country's. We really like the design and so far have had no issues with it. Works great!

Best Wishes!

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
Congratulations on your new rig! No doubt you will have years of camping enjoyment with that Landmark!

Regarding the vessel sink. They appear to still be standard on the Big Country's. We really like the design and so far have had no issues with it. Works great!

Best Wishes!

Interesting that they would provide the vessel bowl on one model and not even offer it as an option on another. Oh well, We are really looking forward to getting our Key Largo. We are moving up from a 2006 Everest which was great but we decided we wanted more room and more features. I may have to get a new truck because the Key Largo is 3000 pounds heavier than the Everest. OH DARN. Told my wife I needed a new truck for HER safety. Don't think she bought it. Ken

SJH

I may have to get a new truck because the Key Largo is 3000 pounds heavier than the Everest. OH DARN. Told my wife I needed a new truck for HER safety. Don't think she bought it. Ken

You're good! I will have to remember that one! :)

Birchwood

Call us old fashion but we use our oven 4 to 5 times a week.We are going to purchase a toaster oven to
help save our propane and the oven itself.I guess many RVers are eating out these days.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I'll bet most folks don't use the oven, unless they're full-timers. We used the one in our previous TT one time and have only test fired the one in the BH. If cooking's to be done, it involves the stove top, half-time micro, BBQ grill, or car keys and a credit card.

Personally, I like JohnDar's "car keys and credit card" idea. However, having said that, "She who must be listened to and Obeyed" says oven is a must. She likes biscuits and certain other goodies in the oven vice half time. In her words, "half time microwave is nice for some things BUT not all!" End of quote, end of story.:)

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Personally, I like JohnDar's "car keys and credit card" idea. However, having said that, "She who must be listened to and Obeyed" says oven is a must. She likes biscuits and certain other goodies in the oven vice half time. In her words, "half time microwave is nice for some things BUT not all!" End of quote, end of story.:)[/QOTE]

Have you ever thought about the Convection/microwave combo. We have one and have never used the propane oven in our 2007 Landmark until the day before Thanksgiving when the convection/microwave quit working. We are in the process of getting it repaired but that is another story. DW loves the Convection and says it cooks as good as if not better than the oven. The good food bears that out. She has cooked cakes, pies, cobbler, roasts, biscuits, pizza and other great dishes in it.

mikeandconnie

Can you cook corn bread in a cast iron skillet in them? Connie has never used one,we have double ovens at home and only need a microwive for warming up stuff.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Can you cook corn bread in a cast iron skillet in them? Connie has never used one,we have double ovens at home and only need a microwive for warming up stuff.

Yes you can if it will fit. The convection works just like a regular electric oven.