Durmax/Juice with Attitude

5catfam

Is anyone runnung a Durmax with Edge products "Juice with Attitude".
I have read a lot about increase in fuel ecomony along with drivability.
Is anyone using this setup? Do you like it? Would you do it again?

jpmorgan37

I had the Edge Juice (no attitude) on my 04 Duramax. I ran it on the #2 level when towing and it made a significant difference in pulling performance. If I had to do it again, I would have added the Attitude or an EGT gauge. Also, I ran the K&N filter. It was a great pulling combination, just not enough truck for the trailer.

John

fishn2dmax

I run the Juice w/ attitude on my Duramax 2500HD. It not only increased power, it increased fuel mileage by 10-15% on level one. On level 2, it has added more towing power and about the same mileage as stock. levels 3 -5 are for non-towing!!! Once you try level 5, it will take days to wipe the smile off your face and get the stains out of your pants:) .

If you tow in levels 3 or higher, the EGT's get too high and transmission will go into limp mode due to too much torque (for fun only). I run my Juice on level 1 most of the time for increased mileage and level 2 when towing ( non-hill areas). EGT's will get up there in Level 2 on steep mountain grades during the summer. What I really like about the Attitude monitor is the ability to set up limit levels on EGT's, Speed, Boost etc. It also set's off an alarm to let you know you've exceeded the safety levels you've preset. I know for a fact my Juice w/ attitude has already paid for itself with increased fuel mileage on level 1. I highly recommend the Juice with attitude display/ monitor for anyone looking for increased power and fuel economy.

Pulltab

I have a Chevy 4500 medium duty truck with duramax and allison. On the medium duty they derate the torque for fleet use so the torque was only 520 ft lb. I added the Attitude with Juice and it came to life! Milage was only about a mile or so better but the power was incredible and it made the transmission quit hunting for gears. Step 1 adds 100 ft lb and that was all I needed. I occasionally run in 2 but not higher. Like mentioned level 5 is incredible but not suggested to run there. :) Mine has the EGT to defuel if the temps get to high automatically. I recommend you hook this up.

C

Chulinw

By adding the Juice/Attitude to your truck does it do anything to the warranty on the truck. I would like to add it but I don't want to make the warranty in case something goes wrong. Like that mileage increase and what about the cost (is it really worth it).

Pulltab

It's one of those fine lines. If you had an issue they would have to prove the Juice Attitude caused it. Problem is they have WAY more money than you. I just remove it whenever I have to take mine in just so it is not obvious like having the display on the dash:) The increase in Milage will never pay for the unit unless you keep the truck a long time. The reason for installing the unit is more related to performance and milage is just a plus. If your truck pulls fine and you are happy with it I would not purchase one.

Forrest Fetherolf

According to my calculations for a "juice with attitude" would start a pay back @ 32,500 miles. I calculated this based on 11 mpg currently to 12.1 (10% mpg increase with the chip), California diesel fuel cost @ $3.00 gal, and the chip cost of $800.00.
If you need it or want it, the expense could be charged to "pride of ownership". I use that line item to justify the expense for items I buy that are really not necessary.

5catfam

What I like about the new models is that is will run a cool down on the engine after you shut it down, That way your not sitting there wondering if you have let is idle long enough to cool down the turbo. Plus you can set temp alarms to let you know things are heating up.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I have a Juice module on my '02 GMC without the Attitude monitor. I love it! It wakes the diesel up and makes it much more responsive. To tell the truth, I have been so impressed with the mileage (20-21 hwy. mileage no trailer), I don't really have any idea how much difference the Edge unit makes. I would certainly recommend it to anyone with a Duramax.

r4man2

Juice or Edge EZ

I asked this question and got a variety of answers on a diesel forum. I have an '03 2500HD D/A and wanted to get the chip for towing. Several people suggested that I get an Edge EZ. (I already have the EGT and Boost gages.) Others said that the Juice was better because it timed fuel delivery so that it backed off at shift points preventing 'limp mode' from the Allison because of clutch slippage. Under normal tow conditions (levels 1 or 2) would I need this or is it just theoretical?

Thanks

fishn2dmax

You can put your allison into Limp mode with out a chip installed. The standard Edge module ( non-ez) doesn't cost much more than the EZ model and it gives you the safety de-fueling features. Your 2003 (LB7 version) duramax doesn't have the stock power of the newer duramx verisons ( LLY, LBZ) duramax motors versions, but it does get the best fuel mileage of the 3 later versions. The juice edge allows give the LB7 motor to be the best duramax. Good power at the highest possible fuel mileage. Since you already have the gauges, just go with the edge juice. I found mine on E-bay with attitude controller for under $450.