Sleep Number RV Mattress

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I don't know how long this sale will last, but Camping World has an Internet only price of $699 for the Deluxe Sleep Number RV Queen mattress, and free shipping!

Seems like a good deal. What do you think?

mmomega

AnyTimer
Well Mrs Future N.Tx chapter leader....
Seems like a decent deal even with it being Camping World.:)

Some people love them some don't and I'm one that doesn't. I bought one of the $3200 super nice ones a few years ago ( and things change and products get better ) but it was a glorified cheap air mattress with a pillow top. I liked the bed soft so when I got on my butt sank in and my feet and head went up cause it pushed the air from the middle to the top and bottom of the mattress, that and the pillow top worn out quickly. It was definitely a lot lighter than my current mattress.

Like with anything that multiple companies make, go try them out. Test drives are free and could potentially save you some headache or backache later :angel:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We bought ours from CW a few years ago. The RV King. I have to agree with mmomega about the pillow top wearing or losing it's cush. I still like our mattress though. Sleep Number has replaced and upgraded our controller. The original was two wired controllers and one of the had the LED display starting to go whacky. They replaced the whole air pump system to the newer pump with the single wireless remote controller. I guess I should call them about the topper. I was considering replacing it myself with something from Kohl's or Bed Bath & Beyond. For now, I'm not losing any sleep over it. (Pun intended:eek:) Love the mattress though.

We have the Premier Edition (wireless remote and little more padding) as we have a similar Sleep Number Bed in our home base. Bought at CW. Fantastic away from home sleeping. 5 Stars from us. Recommended. Who can put a price on a great night of sleep?

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Got to agree with JD. We have one for our house. We have had it for over 6 years and still have problems finding my number. Temperature affects this a lot. If the temperature drops and and it cools down in the house, I have to pump it up. When it gets warm in the house, I have to let air out of it. Doesnt sound like a big deal, but every night having to either pump or dump air gets old after a while.

I think next time we need a mattress I will look into a Temper Pedic. Don't know anything about them but I like their commercials. :eek:

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Glad to see this thread since I have been throwing the idea of a sleep number around. My son has a Temperpedic and swears by it.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We've got a Tempur-Pedic at home and really like it. But, there are different grades of them, so try them out to find the one for you. And they are very heavy.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Glad to see this thread since I have been throwing the idea of a sleep number around. My son has a Temperpedic and swears by it.
We have a Serta memory foam bed at home and love it. BUT! I certainly would not like the extra weight in the rig, nor would I like lifting that beast to gain access to the under bed storage.
The Select Air is really pretty lightweight. The bonus is the individual comfort settings.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks Ray for the info. I will definitely be weighing all the options and considering the weight of the one that I end up with.

mmomega

AnyTimer
I'd just suggest going to a mattress store and lying on a bed for a good 10 minutes or so to see how it feels.

Then ask if they have one in an RV size like I'm listing below. Which are normally 5" shorter than their normal counterparts.

[h=2]RV Mattress Sizes[/h]34" x 74" RV Twin
38" x 74" Residential Twin
49" x 74" RV Full
53" x 74" Residential Full
53" x 79" Full XL
60" x 74" RV Queen (Short Queen)
60" x 79" Residential Queen

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We too have the RV Premier edition...Love it! I like a really soft mattress and DH can sleep on a rock....we've used dual-chambered air mattresses for years, and upgraded to the Select Comfort two years ago...will never go back. Actually in between a generic airbed and SC, we tried a temperpedic type mattress...could not stand it...too hard and too HOT!! Got rid of it after two weeks of no sleep....