Parkland Slide Repair Sheet

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I received a PM request for information on my slide repairs, but the system does not allow attaching .pdf files from my computer to them. I downloaded this file some time ago from Parkland's website, but it does not appear there anymore.

wingfoot

I received a PM request for information on my slide repairs, but the system does not allow attaching .pdf files from my computer to them. I downloaded this file some time ago from Parkland's website, but it does not appear there anymore.

John, my dealer ordered what I thought was the repair kit from Heartland depicted in your Thumbnails....when it came in it was long aluminum "L" strips. I asked the dealer about them being totally different from what I saw on Parkland's site...They said, "well, this was what Heartland sent us to make the repair." This makes me wonder if Parkland is still in business...I'll look for a link in my bookmarks and see if I can come up with something. I'm wondering if you were to give Heartland a call and ask about this?

Larry

JohnDar

The Parkland strips I used were ordered from Heartland, not Parkland, and I got my 10% discount on them. I called in the order myself. Each strip "set" came with a tube of the #105 Sealer/Adhesive. I only used one tube of the 3, so I still have two unopened tubes in the basement of the trailer.

wdk450

John and Everyone:
Your slide surface repair info is posted on the "Tools" "Heartland owners Manuals" tabs at the top of this page.
No info there about Parkland's new name or ordering aluminum kit from Heartland.

JohnDar

Maybe that's where I downloaded it from?? But, as I said, I called Heartland to get the parts. In actuality, I wanted the trim caps, but due to miscommunication (probably mine), they shipped the plastic strips, so I had aluminum trim made to my specs. and had at it. So now I've got the edges covered and the roller areas reinforced.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
I can solve this mystery tomorrow. When I get to work I can get the correct HL part number for the plastic strip kit and post it. Or at least part # for the length of strips I have sitting on the counter. Maybe John or someone can then add the part # to the install sheet posting?

PS. My repair strips have been on for 3 years now and doing fine.

Deb