Water transfer tank

nhunter

Any boondockers have a fresh water transfer tank in pickup box that you haul extra water with. I was thinking of doing this and getting used water pump from dealer and using that to pump into trailers tank. Perhaps 20gal for ease of storage.

Pulltab

I bought 2 water tanks from RV Surplus and Salvage in Elkhart that are about 40 gallons each. I connected them together and just use a water pump as you have suggested to pump it to the rv.

nhunter

I thought I saw it but was to lazy to look. I got an old pump from the rv dealer for $30. I know it is old because it has the gpm in US gallons and Canadian gallons. How big is your water tank. Yours is bigger butI was worried about storage. I didn't get the "turd hearse" but maybe at a later date.

ChopperBill

It is a 5o gallon tank. You can see the specs here. Really fits well in the truck, but I have a long box with plenty of carrying space for it and the "hearse"

nhunter

I only have a short box, carry way to much other stuff and don't always use the transfer tank so I got the 20g.

ChopperBill

I only had 20 gallons available on our winter trip to AZ. and it took TWO trips to fill the fresh tank before it would water would flow and that was only enough to prime it. Don't forget the water heater also takes 12 gallons on the initial charge. We may spend some extended time in WY and it is a long way to the watering hole. That is why I went with the bigger tank.

nhunter

I read about your fresh tanks problems and we were lucky enough not to have them. I took me 3 trips with the twenty gallon to fill our fresh tank from empty whick should work out about right. Where abouts in Wyoming are your going? We went through on a bike trip about 5 years ago past Thermopolis and 10 Sleep Canyon. I hope your a/c works good because man was it HOT.

ChopperBill

We generally stay around the Centennial, Albany or Mountain Home area. Great people are in Wyoming. Alway feel welcome there.