Palm Springs to Lake Havasu

Gaffer

Travelling tomorrow from the Palm Springs area to Lake Havasu. From Interstate 10 should I head north at Blythe or Quartsite? MapQuest shows about 10 minutes difference in the routes. Which is the better way to tow my 5er?
Thanks.
PJ

jwpurdy

I take Arizona Hwy 1 at Ehrenberg, Az just across the bridge at California/Arizona on I-10. The road is a good blacktop road and is shorter than either of the two routes you asked about. Hwy 1 goes into Parker, Az. I use this route every year.

HarleyRyder

Retired Gunslinger
I concur with jwpurdy. We have water skied and boated the Colorado River from Blythe to Lake Havasu, to Lake Mojave. The road from Eherenberg to Havasu is a good road. There is another way by turning on to 177 at Desert Center to Parker, AZ, but if you have a tire issue you are on your own. Been there done that.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I agree with HarleyRyder, I been to Havasu many dozens of times over the years. All but maybe 5 times, I have gone I-10 to Desert Center, then 177 through Vidal Junction to Parker. (Except, I don't understand the tire issue, the road isn't that bad).

There really isn't much difference between 95 on the California side and 95 on the Arizona side. (Yes curiously, there are 2 different Hwy 95's a few miles apart.)

The California side seems a little more senic and shorter, while the Arizona side is probably a better road. Trace