Torque - The new toy hauler line (TT & 5er)

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Re: New toy hauler model / Heartland

I posted this the other day.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/27955-Heartland-torque-toy-hauler

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance

Sorry for the delay, we will have some new info on torque coming up soon!

mesteve

AJ,

anything to tell yet? I see a few photos on the site for the smallest model but no real info/data!

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance

torque logo.jpgYes Torque is an all new line by Heartland. It is an all new approach to toy haulers, which is a much lighter and more affordable alternative to the Cyclone and Road Warrior counterparts. Torque is a mixture of toy hauler travel trailers and 5th wheels. If it were compared to Heartland traditional lines it would be like combining Sundance and North Trail into one toy hauler line, were Cyclone and Road Warrior would be best compared to the Landmark / Bighorn lines. Torque is based on 1/2 ton towable travel trailers, and mid - profile double axle 5th wheels. When you look at the Toy Hauler market 90% of the competitors are fighting for high end price points, which takes a lot of people out of the market because they simply can’t tow or afford a new toy hauler. Torque is a more affordable approach built to the same quality and structural integrity of it Cyclone / Road Warrior counterparts. We are very excited about the launch of Torque, and have had a VERY good response to the product at some of the early retail shows where it has been shown to the public. Torque is available in up to 7 different floor plans with 10', 12' sealed garages and even one open concept travel trailer (231) with a 14' garage. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask, hopefully you will see it in a show in your area soon!
2012F_TQ_FW_Ext_02.jpg2012F_TQ_TT_Ext_03.jpg

We were ready to purchase a Road Warrior 305 until we saw the information on the new Torque. We looked at the TQ291 today and loved the bedroom layout and the new colors. The weight is also attractive since I will be pulling it with an F250 (dry weight of the unit was 10,382 lbs). A few observations/questions:

1. There were no tie down points in the garage - how do we secure our toys?
2. Is the wall thickness/construction the same as the Cyclone/Road Warrior?
3. Does the stereo play DVD's - The faceplate was not installed so we couldn't tell?
4. Is it braced and wired for a 2nd AC unit?
5. Any pictures of the TQ301?

Thanks, and again, we love the new layout.

Porkchop

Hi . I'm new to the forum and I'm very interested in the torque. Did they post the specs yet?

Thanks!

jimtoo

Hi Porkchop,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I don't see that any specs are posted on the factory site yet, but you might call Heartland Customer service and ask for that information. I'm sure someone there could give you the info you need.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Porkchop

Hi thanks for the welcome. Heartland seems to make some nice toy haulers! Just need to find a place to check it and then to find a good price.

The rep emailed me the specs so ifvsnyonevwants it let me know. I have no idea how to lad it on this forum via my iPad.

Now to find a tow vehicle that can pull the 291 torque. It says gcwr is 14000. Then we have to add in toys etc?

Thanks again!