bighorn sighting in grand teton

LSPTpr

finally saw another bighorn. they were n/b on hwy 287 tuesday coming from jackson hole, wy. we left yellowstone today and headed to mt. rushmore on hwy 14. We hit a MAJOR snowstorm on top of one of the mountains at granite pass. got very nervous when road turned slussy and then you could see snow packin on the roads. we didnt have anywhere to turn off so went about 5-10 mph for over 30 min to get out of it. have driven in snow before but never with 12,000 lbs behind me. called it quits in sheridon, wy and spending the night at the KOA to recoup.

jpmorgan37

Good work. Enjoy Mt. Rushmore. Check out Custer State Park. We love it there. Have a wonderful time.

John

LSPTpr

custer state park

you were right jp, custer park was fantastic. we went to mt. rushmore and the big thunder mine today plus took in a fantastic ride on some of the mountainous roads with all the tunnels. had a great day and capped it off with a fort hays chuckwagon dinner/entertainment. would recommend this area to everyone at least once. seeing Mt. Rushmore in person is much more than on tv. Even my 13yr was excited at mt. rushmore and wanted to stay longer than we did. Tomarrow, the Badlands and then on to indiana.

HappyKayakers

Don't forget Wall Drug! Check your maps, it may be the exit for the Badlands loop anyway but it's certainly worth a stop.

LSPTpr

thanks for the advice, that actually where we are going this morning. everything has been worth the drive so far and unfortunately we have only today left here, then day 1/2 drive to Evansville Ind. to see family for about a day then back to reality in New Orleans.

C

Chulinw

Walls Drugs is well worth the stop. Lots of great stuff in the store. You will not come out of it without purchasing something. In the past Veterans would get a cup of coffee free. Go to the corn palace it is something to remember also.

LSPTpr

badlands/wall drug

This place was excellant. As you all predicted, we left wall drug with bag loads of stuff and now the coffee is 5 cents but still well worth it. I would recommend the badlands/wall drug to anyone. We will be back here within two years cause if you ride a motorcycle like i do, you will salivate to come here and ride. It was nice in the truck but i believe it will be my fantasy until i ride it on my bike.