RV Storage near LAX

argyll1st

Hi all, I will be dragging my Sundance 3300RLB down the coast from Vancouver to Newport Dunes LA, we are planning on leaving our truck and trailer as close to the airport as is affordable, and flying back to Scotland leaving our rig in storage until next spring, so we are looking for any sugestions on where we can store our rig safely and if possible cheaply, we would ideally be within a $50/80 cab ride from LAX any ideas welcome. Thanks

mikeandconnie

Hi, I rented a 60 ' spot and put my truck and 5er in storage last year just north of LA off the coast, it was very resonable and no traffic with lots of room. I then took the roadunner shuttle door to door. You can use the Roadrunner to take you any where and find good storage outside LA.
Minn-Cal Enterprises RV
1028 Mission Rock Road, Santa Paula, CA 93060
(805) 921-0445 ()

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
:)
Hi, I rented a 60 ' spot and put my truck and 5er in storage last year just north of LA off the coast, it was very resonable and no traffic with lots of room. I then took the roadunner shuttle door to door. You can use the Roadrunner to take you any where and find good storage outside LA.Minn-Cal Enterprises RV 1028 Mission Rock Road, Santa Paula, CA 93060 (805) 921-0445 ()

Huh?
Santa Paula to LAX is 75 miles. I guess, if you are willing to pay transportation fees, you can store it anywhere you want. :)

Last edited:

mikeandconnie

Yes, I agree you can store anywhere and take the road runner. This is just a suggestion and how I did it. It was the cheep safe storage close to a RV park north of LA. Ventura RV Park at the 101, Valencia Travel Village at the I5. I think I paid $45.00 to Santa Paula.

MIke

argyll1st

I have emailed the first two, marineboat and storage masters, for an indication of cost, but 75 miles from LAX is getting a bit further than I had in mind, what would that cost in a cab ?

argyll1st

Was that $45 from santa paula to LAX , sorry I have no ideas of the geography, well at least I dont at the moment, but I should have a better idea in a weeks time :)

argyll1st

Well after emailing all the sites you recommended only one of them has come back to me with a price of $350 per month ........... I can buy a property for that amount, there's no way it should cost that is there ?

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Newport Dunes is High $$$. Can't Imagine what they would want for storage.

LA area in general, anywhere, they have you by the short one's.

I checked near my house in O.C. (Orange/Anaheim Hills area) a while back and they wanted $275 per month for outdoor storage. A 40' spot.
Here is a link http://www.outback-selfstorage.com/ This is actually close to where you are in Newport Beach.

You could look to the Inland Empire, maybe Riverside, or Moreno Valley, Hemet area. OR, Ontario, Chino area.
I know storage is cheaper out of LA or Orange county, but it's a bit of a ride to the airport.

Out in the desert where I am, you can store your rig for $25 per month in a locked storage yard. Unfortunately I am 150 miles from LAX.

Good luck,
Trace

argyll1st

Hi all, we are now in Ventura CA and it's starting to look as If a $50 ride to the airport might not be so bad as we will be storing for 9 mths this time, I was even wondering about jumping the amtrak and heading out further but I don't even know where it goes, except I hear it flying past here every 5 min ..........

mikeandconnie

The train goes North and South and better from Bob Hope Airport because you can walk to the station, but there is a bus you can take to the train station from LAX. You need to go East for cheeper storage.. LAX has shuttles to any where you want to go. The only place I have looked at for really long storage is 125 miles NE is Bakersville, Ca $30-50 a spot. $100 for cover 60 foot storage . There is a Bakersville shuttle or the road runner can take you there.They may be better places to store but this is all I have reseached. Maybe you can put a thread for storage Southern, Ca desert area. Bakersfield RV Travel Park $30 a spot... Baker field jet center.. Cheep Covered and uncovered storage. http://www.bakersfieldrvtravelpark.com/html/storage.htmlhttp://www.bakersfieldjetcenter.com/storage.htm I have only talk with these places on the phone and may use them one day.

argyll1st

Sounds good, I don't really want to spend $3000 in storage for 9/10 mths and the idea of having it under cover sounds good, I will email both of them, if anyone else has any ideas pitch in please, thanks

argyll1st

Just heard back from bakersfield jet centre, $101 for open storage or $201 for cover for a 60ft spot, that's big enough to store both truck and trailer, sound like a fair price

mikeandconnie

Thanks for the info, I also have to store on a budget because it may be a month or it could be a year before i'm back to get it. I have towed my 5er west coast- east coast 4 times. I love the drive but I'm always in a hurry, so it's a long drive. I'm in florida now and headed to the west coast in Febuary. I plan to keep my truck/5er in storage from now on.
I paid $160 at Minn Cal for a 60 foot spot last year because it was the only place I could find on short notice that was not full.
Bakersville RV Park is advertising 26ft to 40ft - $50.00 a month * Over 46ft - $65.00 a month.

Keep me updated

wdk450

The train goes North and South and better from Bob Hope Airport because you can walk to the station, but there is a bus you can take to the train station from LAX. You need to go East for cheeper storage.. LAX has shuttles to any where you want to go. The only place I have looked at for really long storage is 125 miles NE is Bakersville, Ca $30-50 a spot. $100 for cover 60 foot storage . There is a Bakersville shuttle or the road runner can take you there.They may be better places to store but this is all I have reseached. Maybe you can put a thread for storage Southern, Ca desert area. Bakersfield RV Travel Park $30 a spot... Baker field jet center.. Cheep Covered and uncovered storage. http://www.bakersfieldrvtravelpark.com/html/storage.htmlhttp://www.bakersfieldjetcenter.com/storage.htm I have only talk with these places on the phone and may use them one day.

If you can work some sort of a short train ride into the Bakersfield area parking, Amtrak runs an EXTENSIVE bus service out of their Bakersfield station to many points in the L.A. area (and Las Vegas) including direct busses to LAX. You have to ride the train to use those buses. BTW, they are your more luxury charter coach busses, not the Greyhound types.