ATF: Greystone - Landing gear fuse on 2011 33QS

swanndive

Can anyone tell me where the Front Landing Gear fuse is located? I am hoping it is a blown and not a motor issue.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Swanndive and welcome to the forum. There is a lot of great information here and I am sure that someone will know exactly where your fuse is in your Greystone.
I am not familliar with the Greystone but I have a couple of ideas. First make sure your battery is fully charged. I would follow the wires from the switch and look for an inline fuse. Look for a pink wire. The landing gear could also be using a resetable breaker. Look for a bank of 12 volt breakers near your battery. They will have little red covers on them. Feel along the side for a small reset button.
Come back and let us know what you find.
That's all I got.

Peace
Dave

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
The fuse for our landing gear is located in a wire that was hidden by the battery box. I had to remove the battery box cover to find the wire. The fuse should be in a red plastic holder.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Just as a side note. Unless you have a wiring issue....the most common cause for a blown fuse is "pilot error". Make sure that you are not running the gear to the limit either up or down. That will blow the fuse everytime. There are several threads on this issue. Most people mark the landing gear legs with paint or something so they know when to let go of the button. What amp fuse is the holder?? You might need to go to a higher amp fuse.....several threads on this also.

swanndive

Thanks everyone for the information. I have read all of the other post about the landing gear so I am very careful when raising and lowering the gear so I don't think that is what caused it, however I could be wrong. What I remember most from my last trip is that it was raining very hard when I was loading the camper and was in a hurry to get out so that is why I do not think I raised it too high. I will be sure to check the fuse this week when I get back home. Thanks again for the information and I am learning new things everyday reading this forum, so thanks to everyone who post.

Geodude

I used a black magic marker to describe limit lines on my landing gear. Even then, I still blow the odd fuse if I'm not paying attention. Weird design. I just carry a lot of spare fuses. :cool:

Bob&Patty

Paul, forget the fuses and install a self resetting circuit breaker inline where the fuse is.

GOTTOYS

Paul, forget the fuses and install a self resetting circuit breaker inline where the fuse is.
I was led to understand that they have a fuse instead of a circuit breaker because a fuse blows almost instantly where circuit breaker takes a moment to heat up before it lets go. In that amount of time you can damage the gearbox for the drive on the landing gear. Don't know how true this is or not. I was going to install a breaker on mine but after I got used to stopping it when I need to it isn't a big deal. My thoughts are to someday put a limit switch in place that would automatically shut it off when it reaches the end of the travel but then I have to figure out how to make start up again to lower it....Arrrgh! Too much to worry about, I'm just leaving the fuse in it....Don

Bob&Patty

Don, I dont think that the nano second delay would hurt anything. Besides all car have a circuit breaker installed on power windows and seats. If these gears and motors are that sensitive then Lippert should find a better parts source.

GOTTOYS

Don, I dont think that the nano second delay would hurt anything. Besides all car have a circuit breaker installed on power windows and seats. If these gears and motors are that sensitive then Lippert should find a better parts source.
You're probably right Bob. I bought a breaker for mine and never installed it but I haven't blown a fuse since then..so to heck with it..Happy Holidays...Don

branson4020

Icantre Member

Bob,
Don't get cranky, but, its seconds, not nanoseconds. Here's the Lippert doc that requires that you use a fuse or else the warranty is voided.