Facuet

seabee

My kitchen faucet seams to hold pressure when first turned on and a second later its down to about half of what it started with,after taking the spray head off I turned the water on and the flow seamed to be fine so I took the sprayer head apart looking for some thing clogged up but found nothing,any ideas about this my sink faucet turn on and stays consistent,no blast of water just good and strong.
Any help I can get on this I would appreciate.
BudnJan
2008 Big Horn
2007 GMC 4X4
Duramax/Allison 6spd niceeeeeeeeee

jpmorgan37

Bud;
The first thought that comes to mind is if you are using a pressure regulator on your water hose, sometimes they will allow pressure to build up in your trailer system until you start running water and then the pressure will drop. The regulator isn't working correctly.

My next question is; Is it only the kitchen faucet or does it do the same with the bathroom faucet? Then you would definitely know if it was the regulator.

If you don't use a regulator, then you possibly have a kink or obstruction in a water line in you system.

John

HappyKayakers

That's the same way mine acts. I can't swear that it's only in the kitchen but that's the one that's most noticeable. I always attributed it to a pressure buildup in the lines. If you turn it off, wait a few seconds then back on again, you probably won't get the surge of water. I use a regulator and filter all the time.

Forrest Fetherolf

A strong blast of water when the faucet is first opened can be caused by air in the lines, air can be compressed water cannot. This usually happens in homes when the water is turned on for the first time or turned off and/or drained, as the water is turned on water pressure forces the air to compress, when the faucet is opened you will get a short blast or sputtering, then the flow should be normal thereafter.
The other condition can be high pressure-low flow. High pressure could cause a strong blast of water, then a weak reduced flow. This would most likely occur when the pressure regulator is set to high or not working properly and/or the supply lines are restricted not allowing enough flow to meet the demand.
To eliminate air in the lines, after the rv is connected to domestic water supply or pump turned on, open all faucets and valves for a few seconds, the sputtering should stop and water starts flowing normal. If not, either the domestic water supply is not supplying enough pressure and/or enough flow, or the pump is weak.
If any of these conditions occur each time any of the faucets are opened, the pressure regulator or water pump is defective.

Last edited:
K

Ken Washington

This maybe off subject a little but I see so many people hooking up water lines without flushing them and getting the air out. I don't know why they would want to add air or stale water to the water heater or water lines. Just a thought!

Ken

seabee

I have a hole house filter that I installed in the side water compartment and I put the regulator where it hooks the filter line to the trailer it also has a bleeder button on top of the filter to get the air out in time I will post a pic.it seams to be a good setup and one only has to change the 5Micron filter inside every three months or when the warning light comes on.
I just had Camper World in Colorado Springs work on some warranty items and this one was included but the tech put down he couldn't get it to do what we told them well on all counts they never asked us to show them they just wrote it do and it hard to place then true meaning or the way thing do what they do just telling another person so they can write what they feel it is doing anyway it was not fixed and as soon as we hooked up and set up down the road from CW at the KOA came in and every time you turn the kitchen Faust on after letting it sit it gushes out than to norm well I have to tell you after doing many repairs in my life I feel I know what the problem is,simply put it is the plastic water line expanding much like a garden hose will do and after a while it will give out and that is what I'm thinking will happen and I don't want water all over inside the trailer,think of it while you are gone one day.
Seabee's
Can Do

L'l John

"I put the regulator where it hooks the filter line to the trailer"

I suggest that you hook the pressure regulator on the outside water hydrant, before the water hose. That way you would be protecting the water hose as well as the pipes in the camper.
The hose may be swelling up and when you open the kitchen faucet, the regulator is letting a little too much water thru before it can regulate the pressure.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I had the same problem with ours. I removed the faucet from the sink and dissassembled it and found the factory water saving feature to be clogged with debris. I have always filtered our water so I don't know how it got there. To prevent it from happening again, I removed it. It's located inside the frame by removing 3 phillips head screws. It's inside the brass piping directly under the diverter valve and the only access is from the bottom. A real P.I.T.A.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We just picked up our 3600RL on Friday, and my kitchen faucet does exactly the same thing. And yes, it is only the kitchen, the bathroom and the shower seem fine. Maybe it's indicative of this brand/style of faucet. It is a little irritating however. Otherwise I'm extremely happy with our "new home"!!

Now if I could just figure out what happened to all the storage under the bed, like I saw on all the other ones I looked at prior to buying???

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
I agree with L'l john, you pressure regulator should be at the tap on the post, then to your water inlet. I put a house regulator on the inlet, inside the the hose compartment. I then went and purchased a high pressure (200psi) food grade hose for the supply line. I got it 30 ft. long as 25 ft. that is the norm is usually 4 ft to short. Search the site for pictures.
Rand

seabee

OK for the books I always use one at the water outlet,it was just handy when I installed the filter,its it the hose and its going to bust one of these days after being expanded so many times I can tell you this when I had my house I had steel braided hose on the washer as it was on all the time,yes I know there is a lot of pressure on a house line it just that plastic I care how good it is will give up after so long but that on I have removed all the water savers in all outlet never run out of hot water and the shower has a steel flex hose and the sink never surges,I took it to CW for repairs in CO. and the tech said he could not make it do that OK there I go dreaming,must be why they can't seem to find the squeak in the LR floor I just think this stuff is going on or the holes in our air mattress that the Manufactur tells me its that the air going in is hot and after it cools add more air HELLO it has holes its been this way since we bought it,and theres the AC my Happy go lucky wife with hot flashes tells them its not working it gets hot ,they tell her the tech had it running and the only thing he can find is the prob for the defrost is not installed all the way in HELLO it was in the 90's the day we got it back out of the shop and there was only a 5 Deg difference in the inside the wife ask them did you check the thermostat the man said no one told us to at that point the wife fainted the things they fix were good but I have a seven year old grandson I think could of done most of that.
Sorry I had to get that out its not fun to stay the weekend with a women
that is having hot flashes and the air not working.
Thanks for all your replays
Bud

ChopperBill

Seabee, I strongly think that your A/C problems are related to this thread.A/C problems solved so you might take a gander at that post. I think we all had to do that mod on our own.
I not sure if anyone else does this on their water faucets but I take all the aerators out of the them. Maybe with one of those high dollar water pumps it wouldn't make a difference on water flow but it sure does on my Snowriver and the Bighorn.

seabee

plumbing

Hey thanks ChopperBill We never got this faucet fixed but I to removed all of the water savers and all that part works well the thing on the surge in the kitchen only concerns me in the long run it may give out anf flood the trailer but I will take this problem on myself as it needs to be done.

jpmorgan37

Jimmyt5;

Does it do it on water pump and city water? Are you using a pressure regulator on your water line? Does it do it all the time when water is running or just when you turn it on? Does it do it on full flow or just partial flow? Is it on both hot and cold?

John

Jimmyt5

John
It does it every time the water is used, pump or hookup hot or cold , the whole time it is in use...
No regulator in use. Sounds like there might be something inside. He there a pressure regulator in it??

Jim

jpmorgan37

No pressure regulator that I am aware of. I would try taking the water saver out and see if that makes a difference. It could be that it is too restrictive. If that doesn't do it, have your dealer replace it. It shouldn't do it.

John