Winegard Wingman for better TV reception?

jnv

We go to a couple of campgrounds where we have very poor over the air TV reception. We are looking for a product that would boost our reception. We read about the Winegard Wingman in the Highways magazine. It seems to be a simple attachment to the exsiting antenna. Has anyone used this product and if so did it work for longer range reception? Also, any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

vangoes

Check your batwing. If it is not a Winegard you will have to replace the wing because the Wingman will not fit other brands.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If your's is an AntennaTek unit, the Wingman will not attach to it. But you can buy the Winegard antenna head with the Wingman on it, and it will fit on the AntennaTek mast. It seems to help some and bring in a couple of more stations, but you can still expect interference and pixelation. It may also depend on where you are and what stations are available in the area.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Just replace the head (whatever it is) with the Jack TV head. should be under $60. Greatly improves digital reception and about a 15 minute install including climbing up the ladder. Replaced ours last spring and it's worked very well. Kind of looks like a little spaceship up there :)

gmc

Reitired - California-Central Chapter Leaders
deb where do you get them through and does it still use the booster thanks

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Butch, it still uses the booster. Should be able to get them just about any RV shop. They're by Kingdome (the only decent product they've ever made) They're called Jack TV digital booster. I'll get you a product number when I get to work. They use all the parts of the antenna except the actual sensar bar. We brought them in last spring and they've worked very well. All the customers just love them (me included). :)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Also, check THIS LINK for a good way to aim your antenna. Just click "choose antenna" to get started. It gives you a map and directions, channel numbers, distance and station call letters. You will need to know your location's zip code.
You may already know this too. The pointer on the dial where you crank/turn the antenna is not the direction for aiming. It only helps you align the antenna for lowering.

PeternLiane

We tried the Winegard Wingman it worked but that's it. I read about the Jack TV antenna in Trailer Life magazine. It was 59 bucks. I just spent 30 bucks on the Wingman. But, I returned it and purchased the Jack TV antenna. Now I can say the Jack TV antenna is the best thing that my wife and I have ever purchased for our trailer. Once we put the Jack on (which took 15 minutes) our TV reception was amazing. I highly recommend one!