No Heat low 20s Help

fljlcw

Furnace quit on wife yesterday we are in the middle of A snow storm I just got back I allready checked Tstat and fuses and will look at troubleshooting guide as soon as i get this posted but if someone could email me there # that could possibly advise I would greatly appreciate it Thanks folks Fred

grizzlygiant

Re: No Heay low 20s Help

The first thing I would chect is the propane. Are you able to get a flame on the stove?? If not....
Next would be to see if you are getting a spark when thermostat calls for heat....

cashb

I feel for you, we had so many issues with our SOB furnace.. it was one reason we went to our Sundance. Do you have space heaters? I always carry two of them just in case. I posted an article a while ago about furnaces and their problems. I will see if I can find it. We also had issues with our other trailer and replaced the circuit board after lots of tries to fix it. Good luck, don't freeze.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired

Any chance the regulator is freezing up? letting enough gas through for the stove top but not enough to fire the furnace. Just a thought.

57chevyconvt

Fred, Does the fan run when you set the T-stat to heat and adjust to sufficient temp to run the furnace? I know this is a basic question, but we need to start some where. I know that you have checked the propane supply, therefore we must assume that if the stove works that you are getting fuel to the furnace. The furnace first goes through a air purge cycle and the 'sail switch' activates the min. air flow so the fuel valve will open. If the fuel valve opens and the fuel doesn't light, then the fuel valve closes. One of several problems could be the min. air flow is not satisfied because of blockage (snow/ice) of the inlet air flue and or the spark ignitor is not working. Hope this helps. I am sure that others will and can give some good advice. Hopefully that something will start working for you folks real soon. No heat and low 20's is no picnic. Good Luck!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders

There is a feature on the new style OPD valves that will cut off flow if the valve is opened too fast. I experienced it last weekend and fixed it by merely switching tanks. I opened the valve on the second tank and switched to it and everything worked.

wdk450

Turn on the fireplace heat, if you haven't thought of that.

fljlcw

thanks folks i will try to answer your questions yes we have space heaters no we are on A permanant tank no it just clicks, I think I will go to bed and work on it tommorrow thanks very much for your help Fred

olcoon

Had a similar problem with our 2011 Elk Ridge, it was still under warranty, and they had to replace the "brain" in the furnace.

gasman

Camp Socializer

We had the same thing happen to us. Turned out to be a wire had come loose.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

We had the same thing happen to us. Turned out to be a wire had come loose.

Where did the wire come loose? At the T-stat or at the furnace? Mine has started working again, (Posted problems in another thread)It works intermittently, which would lend itself to a possible loose connection. Haven't found one yet.

fljlcw,
I went to a Walmart and bought two of these http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sunbeam-Ceramic-Heater/12338793
They had plenty at the store.These work great and along with the FP we can survive w/o the furnace, if necessary. They are also small. Don't take up much space. Good back-up plan for anyone. IMHO Trace

Attachments

• Sunbeam Heater.jpg
    Sunbeam Heater.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

fljlcw

Thanks for all your advice we are back in business took heater out took all of 10 minutes droves 60 mi. to rv SHOP IN aLAMOGORDO NM they had it tested and fixed with A new control board in about 15 minutes drove back and installed works like A champ Wife is Happy again which means I am happy Ha Fred

ChopperBill

Glad you got it fixed. The only time ours quit working I took a small pin and push the little reset on the thermostat and that fixed it. Got lucky on that one.