Workkamping opportunity - SE Publications

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have been working as sales associates for Southeast Publications for almost a year now. During this time we have discovered what a great company SE Pub is to work for. The job we do is selling advertising in RV Park site maps. You know the map/siteguide you get when you check in to the RV Park. When you open up the site guide/area map you see the area map with ads from area businesses around the map. Well, we are one of the many sales associates that sell these ads. I posted this here because SE Publications is always looking for new sales associates. This is the type of "work" that fits a full-time/anytime RVer like a glove. You stay at the RV park you are working on for free while doing their job. And there are tax advantages to this also. This is the type of position you and your other half can do together as well.

If you are interested in further information concerning this please send me a Private Message or you can email me at jmgratz@sepub.com.

Jim & Sheila Gratz
HLOC#1018

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Jim, what advantage or benefit does SE have over AGS or vica versa? And how about the training-does SE make you pay for your training or is it part of their expense?

jmgratz

Jim, what advantage or benefit does SE have over AGS or vica versa? And how about the training-does SE make you pay for your training or is it part of their expense?

SE Publications is the largest company doing this type of printing. AGS was recently sold to Texas Publications and as I was last informed Texas Publications is using the owners home as an office and still using the printing in Oregon using the old AGS presses. All SE Publications sales associates are insured and bonded. Texas Publications (AGS) are not. The training we received prior to starting work was not paid but at company expense and was 1 week long and very intensive. We have a manager who is over us and available 24/7 to assist us with any questions/comments or issues that we may encounter. The commission structure and bonus packages SE Pub has are 2nd to none in the industry.

PS. SE Publications just (within the last 2 months) moved to a much larger corporate offices with updated printing equipment, computers, editing, art software and is now doing all their sitemaps in full color on high quality paper.

Last edited:

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I reread your original post where it says respond through PM or email. Sorry I didnt do that but I bet more people than just me have at least a slight interest in this.

We actually interviewed with AGS earlier this year and were offered a job. We thought we were going to be able to "escape" this year. Didn't happen.
But , we felt something was just missing with AGS. My biggest concern was that they could not guarantee "short" trips in between jobs. Especially being the new guy on the block, they said it would be very likely that we would have 500 miles or more in between jobs. That seemed a bit excessive considering you would move every week or 2.

Doesn't SE allow you to work where ever you are? Also, I did not know that AGS sold out. They were very big in reminding us that they were part of the Affinity Group.

jmgratz

I reread your original post where it says respond through PM or email. Sorry I didnt do that but I bet more people than just me have at least a slight interest in this.

We actually interviewed with AGS earlier this year and were offered a job. We thought we were going to be able to "escape" this year. Didn't happen.
But , we felt something was just missing with AGS. My biggest concern was that they could not guarantee "short" trips in between jobs. Especially being the new guy on the block, they said it would be very likely that we would have 500 miles or more in between jobs. That seemed a bit excessive considering you would move every week or 2.

Doesn't SE allow you to work where ever you are? Also, I did not know that AGS sold out. They were very big in reminding us that they were part of the Affinity Group.

With SE Publications there are several ways to find jobs. You can get one from the company or you find one yourself. Of course if you get one from the company you will have to travel to where that job is (you can say you don't want it). We have found it is not that difficult to line up you own job. And you are not just limited to RV parks. SE Pub does colleges, real estate brokers, Equestrian centers, Chambers of Commerce, RV Parks, Marinas, Airports, Fairgrounds, and others. You can let your imagination run wild when finding a job. They are open to new and innovative projects. Don't forget the National Forest, BLM, National Parks, State Parks and more. BTW there are over 100000 RV parks alone in the US and more in Canada. So there is plenty of work out there if you go find it. Remember Opportunity will not come and find you, you have to find it.

If any of you contact SE Pub about becoming a rep please mention our names as the one who referred you as we do get credit for the recruiting effort. I am not trying to sell anything but present this opportunity to you to maintain your lifestyle.