Water In Garage Tool Box

Lynn1130

I think that I read a thread some time back where someone else had this problem but I do not recall a solution. When I wash out the garage water gets into the two toolboxes that are at the back of the garage. There is no escape route for the water so I end up with an inch of water in the boxes (I remove items in them since I figured this was going to happen). Heartland's only suggestion is the solution that I was going to use and that is drill holes in the bottom of the boxes and plug them when not cleaning out the garage. SO- THE QUESTION. Has anyone found a solution that would seal the doors from leaking into the box to begin with?

PUG

Pug
I personally would not use a hose and water to clean the garage as it could also get into the wood under the floor and wall edges. I would wash with warm water and soap and suck it up with a wet dry vac.

Lynn1130

Good advice but I also found after this last elk hunt that you can carry a fair amount of snow in with the quads no matter how well you clean them. This water also went into the toolboxes along with some muddy water.

Just FYI, my garage is diamond plated around the entire floor/wall area of the garage. There is no "seam" for water to seep between.

rustyshakelford

i had a similar issue when it comes to cleaning the garage. my issue was mud instead of snow. it was recommended to me to use a tarp on the floor of the garage to help keep it clean. i was concerned about washing it out also due to the possibility of water soaking the 1" plywood

brett

porthole

Retired
If I was going to be carrying stuff like that in my garage I would most likely Rhino line the space. Entire floor and up 18" on the sides. Did that with my motorcycle trailer and it is a true "wash out" trailer now. The liner was sprayed all at one time, so it has essentially sealed the trailer.

I would not get in the habit of washing out these trailers.

Attachments

• Trailer_02_001.jpg
    Trailer_02_001.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 87

blocker

A tarp works great. Just lay the tarp down, put your muddy stuff on the tarp. When you get home, unload your stuff, pull the tarp out and wash the tarp instead of the trailer. I do wash the ramp from time to time though.