Dometic toilet

charris57

Our 2900MK has a minor toilet leak, appears top be comming from around the base and is dripping into the basement. How tight should the 2 bolts and nuts be on the wax ring seal. Mine appear to be a little loose. or any onther suggestions wouls be appreciated....Thanks. Steve Harris

Forrest Fetherolf

Chariss57,

The toilet flange bolts should be snug and you should not be be able to rock or move the toilet. Tighten the bolts with a very short wrench to avoid over tightening and breaking the flange or toilet. If you can tighten the bolts a few turns, your leak might stop. When the bolts are tight and the toilet is firmly attached and you still have a leak, the waxed ring may need to be replaced or the ABS pipes may not be glued properly.

Forrest

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Dometic was one of the seminar presenters this morning at the rally, and while little time was left for toilets (refrigerators got the most time), there were pamphlets that were available. I do not know if you got a plastic or porcelain toilet, but if it was porcelain, then it only says to "tighten nuts down equally with a 7/16" open end wrench".

No real mention of the plastic toilet.

Pulltab

I don't believe that you have a wax seal but a rubber seal. At least any I have ever installed or changed were rubber. You may need to replace the seal as it might have been installed wrong and damaged. Then again tightening it may fix it right up!

madigand

Mine was a drip and wet spot every once in a while. The rug around the toilet would be wet sometimes. Traced to water valve. Took apart and re tightened the bottom seal and (keep your fingers crossed) no more wet spot. Have been trying to find out where leak was for the last 2 months. Could be your problem as the the rubber seal at the bottom of toilet was where I started at. After ruling that out and the seal that joins the 2 halves of the toilet together, started looking at the water valve. Hope this helps

charris57

Yes we do have the porcelin toilet, so we will check the rubber seal and tighten the bolts, Thanks for all the responses. Hope we can stop the leak before it worsens. Summer vacation comming up, and will be on the road for awhile and need to resolve tis issue before hitting the road.... Thanks Again...Steve

charris57

Dometic toilet issues

Again we have a water leak issue, So i removed the toilet from its mount, And behold there is a residential wax floor seal there, I went to Campers World and they knew nothing about a wax seal being used in any RV application, I did purchase a lower seal for the toilet. But while attempting to reinstall it there appears to be a mismatch when the toilet is mounted and you look thru from the top. there is about 1/8' of space where the lower seal isn't wide enough to prevent any leak of any type for going all over the place. I have sent Dometic a e-mail or has Heartlang again changed something that no one knows about, and now cannot fix, Will be calling customer support on Monday morning, Anyone else having simular happenings or attempted to find a resolution.. Thanks Again....:mad: