Need ideas and opinions on replacing recliners

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
As the title says, we want to look at changing our recliners. We like the Poang chairs from IKEA although we have not sat in them for long periods of time and they require a seperate foot stool.
Is there anything else that people have switched to?
We would like something lighter than the existing recliners maybe with a built in footrest and definitely a wall hugger.

Any ideas???

ncc1701e

We are looking at replacing out Euro recliners with something else also. T-Rear Living Chairs.JPG The wife thinks the chairs are uncomfortable and the foot stools are always in the way. Our unit has rear living with rear entry door. What we have looked at are a couple of different style Lazy Boy recliners where the foot stool is built in. We have Lazy Boy at home and really like them. Luckily, we have a regular Lazy Boy store close by that makes it easy to see several different styles and sizes of chair. I do not have a picture or style number handy for the chairs we are considering.

Lance & Jo

We went with the theatre seat from Flair and like it alot. The shared console has been real handy and they are almost too comfortable (makes it hard to get away from the TV)5. Theatre Chairs.JPG

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I agree with you ncc1701e in that the Euro chairs are a problem with your unit and the rear entryway. That's a bummer. We have the Euro chairs that we bought from a local furniture store and the foot stools are not a problem becuz of the way our floorplan is laid out. We liked the entertainment sofa that we saw at the National Rally, especially after sitting in it for awhile. Sorry Larry - can't help you much except to know that we used the same Euro chairs in the 3250 without any real problems but it's each to his own liking. Good luck :)

rick_debbie_gallant

We removed the couch/airbed. Not really that comfortable anyway plus never really used it except for storage. We also removed the swivel/rocker/recliner. With that said, we put in regular leather "home theater recliners" with electric reclining that are true wall huggers.... Only problem, they are way to comfortable. I usually wake up around 5 in the morning and go to bed. we put the dining table in the rear of the rig under the huge picture window. Where the table used to be is my wifes sewing/quilting area and a small chest freezer.

Now you may ask "what do they do if there are guests that stay over. Simple, we offer them the bed and we sleep in the recliners. Works for us, that is my story and I am sticking to it.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I do remember your chairs Byrd but I am afraid the stools might get in the way like NCC said. Your chairs are the ones we sat in.
This home theater seating might be something to look into. I would have to move our desk which is where the couch used to be and put it there.
Then the desk to where the dining room table is and the table to where the recliners are... I need more room.

archbarb

I do remember your chairs Byrd but I am afraid the stools might get in the way like NCC said. Your chairs are the ones we sat in.
This home theater seating might be something to look into. I would have to move our desk which is where the couch used to be and put it there.
Then the desk to where the dining room table is and the table to where the recliners are... I need more room.

Time to upgrade!!!!!

Archie

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I hear that new Big Horn calling your name (haha). Like Archie said - Time to upgrade :)

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
HI, Larry and Sam:

As you know we have the IKEA chairs you mentioned. We both spend (too) much time in them on our computers and they are pretty darn comfortable even for a long duration.

The footstools are purchased separately and if I were to do it over I would probably only buy one. They are wide and, if your chairs are together, there is plenty of room to share. They also make handy additional seating for guests.

They can ride in the chair when you're moving and are so light you can put them just about anywhere.

The price is also VERY appealing!!!!!