E/SE going to Gillette...not a lot of interest?

Rodbuster

I'm not trying to be a wise guy by saying this but, I've made a couple of posts to try and find out if there are people from the East and "especially" the Southeast going to the Gillette Rally in June.

There is a great response and discussion going on from the Pacific Region but just about nil from the East.
Is there a reason for this, or am I missing something?

I did receive a reply from Cody (Dave Tardiff) and I thank him for that.
My wife and I are "thinking" about going. This would be our first rally and we sure would appreciate some ideas or thoughts on "how" to plan the trip.
We would be leaving from the Daytona Beach, FL. area.

Thank you
Rodbuster

cashb

Re: Not a lot of interest

Oh, I see it's in Wyoming.. too far for us to travel tho it would be a great trilp! One of us is still working! Maybe others find it too far to travel from the southeast?

TXBobcat

Fulltime

Cashb
Gillette is in Wyoming. North east corner. Here is the link to the Gillette Rally.

Rodbuster
You have the same problem that many from the west coast to the national rally in Goshen. It is a long way... There may not be many from the east coast making the trip. If you lived in Texas like we do then you only have to go half way to either coast....

If you have the time to make the trip please try to make it. If you would start out and come toward Texas and if your a tortoise like we are, then maybe you would like to amble north with some of us Texans. Now there are some Texans that are taking a fast trip, JayC and others, you might enjoy traveling with them.

Don't get discouraged just keep trucking.

BC

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired

Hi Dick, Try leaving a post on the link I sent you in your other thread. I'm sure it will pick up speed as registration starts. Also, give some thought to joining HOC. I see the Florida chapter has a rally 3/23 thru 3/25. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...3-2012-to-3-25-2012/page4?p=177998#post177998 . Great place to start. Hope you can make it to Gillette and than come on over to Cody for our rally.

Last edited:

ncc1701e

I've seen another expressing interest about the Gillette rally. He was looking at leaving from the TN/KY rally which is the first weekend in June being held in the Memphis area this year. We are considering leaving from this rally also. But, I have to admit it will be something around 1900+ miles from Memphis to Gillette. We just are not sure yet.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

Rodbuster, I agree. Not a lot of folks from the east want to come further west than Texas. JMHO

YET, every other year it is a 2200 mile trek for left coasters to travel to Goshen.(?)

No offense to anyone. Just my observation. :confused: Trace

Last edited:

jimtoo

Must be typo,,, google maps,,, Memphis, Tn to Gillette, Wy. 1305 miles
Jim M

I've seen another expressing interest about the Gillette rally. He was looking at leaving from the TN/KY rally which is the first weekend in June being held in the Memphis area this year. We are considering leaving from this rally also. But, I have to admit it will be something around 1900+ miles from Memphis to Gillette. We just are not sure yet.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders

I'm not sure yet where we'll be coming in from and we'll be in way early.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

Jay,
We are planning on being there either the Saturday or Sunday prior to the rally. Trace

jimtoo

We will be arriving on the 10th in Gillette. The route we will be taking from home is up to Ft Worth,then to Skiatook, Ok, for June 4-5-6, Jerry Yarnell Art Studio Class for Bette (her yearly fix).. then to Gillette, Wy, will be 1700 miles for us. Then after Gillette we will make the Cody rally and then on to ?? Oreeeaagunnn,,, Wassshinnngton,,,Caliiifornnneeeaa...... If I got enough money... Jay,,, you got any extra?,,, maybe a CC you don't use...:)
Jim M

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

We are planning to go, Dallas to Amarillo to Denver area to Gillette. Then after, Yellowstone, then work our way back south and east. A whirlwind 2 weeks. E

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

Although we have no personal plan to travel to Gillette, I believe there are some planning a trip out there from the Northeast. While we are still tied to jobs, the issue is the time it takes to cover those miles. For east coast residents it is a loooong haul. If you have the time to get there and back I would encourage you to make the trip!

I am glad the rally is out in that direction so those living in the west get an opportunity to attend a North American event. If you can attend, don't miss it!

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)

JimToo, your route after Gilette sounds very similar to our plans. Maybe we can form a train.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired

JimToo, your route after Gilette sounds very similar to our plans. Maybe we can form a train.

We will be heading to Cody right after Gillette if anybody wants to come along.

rjr6150

Those that want to start heading back east a number of us will be leaving on Sunday and heading for the Blackhills for a week. We're all staying at the Rafter j Bar in Hill City, SD.

yepuhuh

hey I'm here in jax,fl and looking for some camping friends.
Did you used to live in Jacksonville.. I knew a fellow years ago that went by rodbuster in the offshore fishing arena that moved away.

Rodbuster

hey I'm here in jax,fl and looking for some camping friends.
Did you used to live in Jacksonville.. I knew a fellow years ago that went by rodbuster in the offshore fishing arena that moved away.

Good morning yepuhuh,
Thank you for your reply. We are located about 80 miles south of you in New Smyrna Beach. As far as friends, I feel one never has too many, especially when you have friends that share the same interest, so sign me up.
No, we never lived in Jacksonville. Moved to Florida from New Hampshire in 1999. Lived In Port Orange for 10 years and just purchased a home with a little bit of land (for the toys) in New Smyrna Beach.

My wife retired about 2 months ago and we're ready to start enjoying our first RV. Being new to all of this has raised many questions. The people that share this forum have helped me out so very much. I'm really looking forward to meeting many of them and thanking them personally.

How long have you been rv'ing? Have you attended any rallies? Do you plan to attend the Gillette, Wyoming Rally? How often do you get to use your RV?
Send me a PM sometime and we'll talk or better still, if your in this area, stop by for coffee or we could do lunch.

Rodbuster

porthole

Retired

I've made a couple of posts to try and find out if there are people from the East and "especially" the Southeast going to the Gillette Rally in June.

Since you have asked. No for us, too far. I do a simple math test for the longer trips. Total mileage/10*3.5 for fuel.
Gillette would be one of the those once in a decade trips if possible, I couldn't do it without adding in a bunch of other places to see out west.
Now, if it was closer in time to Sturgis..................